Spock

Frs Archived

39 posts in this topic

I have 66 FRs on line - so I though but checked just now and shows only 36. The rest have been archived. I have to ask why?

Spock

I'd guess that 30 of the ladies upon whom you've reported have retired, or for other reasons have asked G to take their reports off.

Personally think it is time G took off older FR's, two year old plus not likely to be of much use when looking for a lady to visit in a strange town!

I'd guess that 30 of the ladies upon whom you've reported have retired, or for other reasons have asked G to take their reports off.

Not at all. I'm just a bit miffed that I have slipped in the ratings. :(

Other authors still show many more reports going back many more years. I can't see any logic in this.

I can still read all my past reports if I log in. Would G care to comment?

Spock

I have 66 FRs on line - so I though but checked just now and shows only 36. The rest have been archived. I have to ask why?

Spock

PM Galahad and ask is surely the obvious thing to do, the Mods dont deal with the FR section and i dont know how often G reads this forum. I certainly had a number deleted for it said the WG retiring or requesting all her FRs be deleted.

Personally think it is time G took off older FR's, two year old plus not likely to be of much use when looking for a lady to visit in a strange town!

It shows the WG has been offering consistently good service over a period of time so might give some confidence to some punters to book her. Obviously newer FRs are of more use but i would like to see older FRs remain online.

I have been going through the reports and archiving ones which appear to no longer be valid. If a girl has not had a new report in over two years then it is assumed she has retired.

This is part of a big cleanup of the databases in preparation for a major rewrite of the FR and SPD systems.

Thank you, G. With over 100,000 FRs submitted they must take up a huge amount of space on the server.

Parlours come and go, some last a few months or a year. Also the women are there for just a week or two never to return.

Should we bother writing FRs on these at all?

But it is nice to have an historical record.

I've always wondered how many people read my FRs. Would it be possible to put a "counter" on each FR (it must be technically possible) to show haw many times each has been read?

Spock

I take a regualr mirror of all the FRs just for my own amusement. There have been some classics.

Thank you, G. With over 100,000 FRs submitted they must take up a huge amount of space on the server.

Parlours come and go, some last a few months or a year. Also the women are there for just a week or two never to return.

Should we bother writing FRs on these at all?

But it is nice to have an historical record.

I've always wondered how many people read my FRs. Would it be possible to put a "counter" on each FR (it must be technically possible) to show haw many times each has been read?

Spock

Unless they tell you you wouldnt know when doing a FR that the WG or Establishment wont be their in the future. Also some Parlours have been around for many years.

Edited by smiths

Would it be possible to put a "counter" on each FR (it must be technically possible) to show haw many times each has been read?

Yes, in fact there was a hit counter function on the FRs at one time. However, the database activity associated with updating the hit counts was putting too big a strain on the server so it had to be disabled. Someone reads a FR on average ~5000 times per hour. Before the economy crashed (2007?) it was more like 6000-7000 FR reads per hour.

There also used to be a hit counter on the service provider announcements, same issue.

Also to clarify what I said above.. if a lady is still active with recent FRs, then all her reports are kept online regardless of how old they are. Only if she has not had a new report within the last two years are they being archived.

If a lady is still active, but has been archived due to hitting the 2-year archive wall, are all her older reports resurrected if a new report is subsequently published? Or is archiving terminal?

If a lady is still active, but has been archived due to hitting the 2-year archive wall, are all her older reports resurrected if a new report is subsequently published? Or is archiving terminal?

They can be resurrected but that would depend on someone bringing it to my attention. After that long a gap in reports, the system would assume that it was a different person using the same name so it would not happen automatically.

Guess this discussion proves the old adage "you can't please all the people all the time"

Wow, I've gone down from a total of 37 fr's submitted to a total of 5 currently online! Though I did use to punt in Soho a lot and very few of those girls are still around (and if they are, like Julia and Paris, they're not in Soho anymore) so I completely understand Galahad's reasoning behind all of this (and know how much bandwith costs are too). And as I'm still able to access and read the old ones myself, it doesn't bother me at all. Will this ability remain with the rewrite of the FR system though? I just have a terrible memory and like reading them back every so often to summon up happy memories :)

Edited by Mr Orange

Wow, I've gone down from a total of 37 fr's submitted to a total of 5 currently online! Though I did use to punt in Soho a lot and very few of those girls are still around (and if they are, like Julia and Paris, they're not in Soho anymore) so I completely understand Galahad's reasoning behind all of this (and know how much bandwith costs are too). And as I'm still able to access and read the old ones myself, it doesn't bother me at all. Will this ability remain with the rewrite of the FR system though? I just have a terrible memory and like reading them back every so often to summon up happy memories :)

Mid 20s down to 9 for me but absolutely no complaints as i havent done a FR since 2009 so all are somewhat out of date anyway to say the least. :)

All mine are gone!! but i am still very active !!

All mine are gone!! but i am still very active !!

Cantact Galahad.

I have been going through the reports and archiving ones which appear to no longer be valid. If a girl has not had a new report in over two years then it is assumed she has retired.

This is part of a big cleanup of the databases in preparation for a major rewrite of the FR and SPD systems.

2 years without an FR seems a remarkably short time-span to assume a girl has retired.

Only this week an FR was written on a girl who was still very much active, but who hadn't had an FR written on her since 2010. Presumably, that fortuitous FR saved her entire history of FRs from being consigned to the ethereal waste bin.

It means there will be more working girls out there with no FRs available for punters to refer to, making it harder for the punters to make informed choices.

And it will hit indies the hardest. Agency wgs often get more FRs published, sometimes using incentives to reward punters who write FRs.

Edited by Reverend Dick

2 years without an FR seems a remarkably short time-span to assume a girl has retired.

Only this week an FR was written on a girl who was still very much active, but who hadn't had an FR written on her since 2010. Presumably, that fortuitous FR saved her entire history of FRs from being consigned to the ethereal waste bin.

It means there will be more working girls out there with no FRs available for punters to refer to, making it harder for the punters to make informed choices.

And it will hit indies the hardest. Agency wgs often get more FRs published, sometimes using incentives to reward punters who write FRs.

Could not agree more

Two top ladies who provide consistent good service spring to mind.

One was the No.1 on the stats board and she is still actively working. To say she has in excess of 100 reviews is tantamount to her success, and the other lady from my region had over eighty reviews removed to the archives. She is also working and must feel gutted that all her hard work is shelved in this way. I think this action has not helped either punter or service provider :(

Edited by Sarah Summers

In the work to update the databases, one can only hope that a fair and common sense approach, such as opening the archive database as a separate searchable entity, perhaps with a disclaimer to highlight the potential lower reliability and other such reasons that led the reports to be archived in the first instance, will prevail.

Think storage space might be an issue.

Jonker, as I understand it, the archived reports are still there, and can be resurrected at Galahad's discretion. Therefore, there is already storage space for them somewhere, even if they are not "live" to the rest of us.

Just looked back through this thread and I stand corrected. Still think Sir G is right to archive old reports, I don't take any notice of any report over two years old.

WGs with FRs now not able to read online by punters who are still working i would advise inform Galahad by PM.

I assume as has been pointed out that FRs not online are still kept by G in case of disputes and queries which he if then agrees they have a valid case he then can put back online.

I note in the FR Stats link that it says i have 27 FRs to my name but if i then click on my name only the 9 i mentioned above come up as viewable, and i further note Shanelle of St Albans is now number 1 with 97 FRs to her name including mine. A lovely lady who offers a great service.