Spock

Strange Scam

12 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this should be in the legal section but here goes.

The Thai owner of the house has to go out so leaves her two Thai girls alone. A guy comes to the door and says he's an official inspector - has to check the premises for hygiene etc.

So the girls let him in. Anyone calling "officially" be it from the council or the gas, whatever, would have a photo ID, which is what anyone in the know would demand. Anyway this guy looks official - black trousers, white shirt etc. and he looks all round the property. Now in Thailand as I understand it's not unusal for officals to be given a backhander - so the girls, not knowing what to do, give him a free fuck. Naturally when the owner returns she's livid. She doesn't call the police for obvious reasons. But had she done so, and the police found this bloke, with what offence, if any, could he be charged?

No money changed hands but he has taken advantage of the girls' ignorance. What a bastard! Anyone heard of this happening before?

Spock

Possibly something under the Fraud Act 2006 ie.fraud by false representation. Probably not obtaining services by deception, because there was no discussion of payment, ie. she voluntarily shagged him.

There's probably an offence of impersonating a council official somewhere in the legislation. I reckon that's what the police would go with, if they could be bothered once they'd stopped laughing.

Possibly something under the Fraud Act 2006 ie.fraud by false representation. Probably not obtaining services by deception, because there was no discussion of payment, ie. she voluntarily shagged him.

There's probably an offence of impersonating a council official somewhere in the legislation. I reckon that's what the police would go with, if they could be bothered once they'd stopped laughing.

In the early 70s, a guy went round Soho claiming to be a policeman in order to collect his "dues". He was done for "impersonating a police officer " as the cops were unimpressed when they turned up to collect their entitlement and had to have an argument and,no doubt, the girl struggled to find any enthusiasm after the emotional shock of being robbed previously.

Jack

Edited by jackjones

It sounds sadly like the PF would struggle to prove what it was he was impersonating, due to the poor understanding of the only witnesses. "Hygiene etc" is too vague.

However, all of that is moot if the man is not identified and caught, and further if no complaint is lodged.

A sad and cautionary tale.

Impersonating a Council Official is probably easy to prove but impersonating a Council Worker might be harder! :lol:

No offence intended

It sounds like one for the urban legend police, to me.

It does seem a likely candidate.

It does seem a likely candidate.

You think I made this up? Or the owner of the house in question is making this up?

Spock

You think I made this up? Or the owner of the house in question is making this up?

Spock

I'm assuming that you didn't make it up. That leaves either the owner or the girls making it up, or some confusion in the translation, or it actually happened as they said.

You've got to admit that it's a very strange story. That's why it seems a likely candidate as an urban legend.

That is one very brazen guy (if it happened as they said).

I can think of some places where if that happened a telephone call would be made and the guy would be severely beaten to within an inch of his life.

Spock

Think about it this way... to happen the way described by the owner... sounds pretty unlikely. It would require a very brazen guy, and a fair bit of pre-planning. For what? Risk/ reward doesn't stack up.

There are more likely explanations. For example, guy might have been a boy friend, and girl concocted a cover story. Or was a genuine gas bloke/ whatever (come on... lots of such guys don't show id without being asked), who was very happy at getting lucky. Or owner or one of WG's just made it up.... come on, tell me (with a straight face) that some people don't make up stories all the time.

Spock

Well - that would be a logical explanation, Captain.

Or he came in, paid, but as the owner was out the girls kept the money for themselves. Then concocted a cover story ??

Who knows ....