Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dang Leeballs

You Know You've Been Punting Too Much When ...

45 posts in this topic

... an advert comes on TV for Wilkinson Sword Hydro razor blades, a voiceover promises a 'free watersports activity' and you're thinking something very different from what they are on about :P

... your ears prick up when you hear about the latest A-levels' results on the news.

you look at every girl you pass in the street and think whether or not you'd pick them if they were in a line-up at your local parlour.

You're staying overnight in a hotel and some young european ladies come down to breakfast, and you can only think of one reason as to why they would be there...

Your driving around and you start sniggering when you see number plates of OWO, PNT,CIM, 69, GFE.....

I had an exam recently. It said 'oral ..... out of 40'

I thought for a second she was going to judge my oral technique..

... an advert comes on TV for Wilkinson Sword Hydro razor blades, a voiceover promises a 'free watersports activity' and you're thinking something very different from what they are on about :P

Absolutely! Had to turn laugh into coughing fit when that one came on TV at friends' house the other evening...

My personal one is driving to MK station and the car turning into Staples car park all on it's own...

Referred to a meeting, in an email, as the "dfk" meeting instead of a commonly used similar acronym...

You find yourself almost finishing a text (to your boss) with an 'x'.

You're waiting at the National Express stop, and you see one for Victoria via Milton Keynes.

Or a few years ago you're watching Soccer Saturday and Jeff Stelling says with his easy charm that he and the team are going to preview Chelsea versus Leeds - my tea nearly came out my nose.

You walk out of the local parlour and turn back and ring the bell for the other lady, and when doing a fr, you begin research on your next booking.

When you are at a cricket match and someone is out LBW and you wonder "is that the opposite of BBW"

When the receptionist knows your name and says "back again so soon?" as she opens the door!

When you switch your laptop on and you go straight to this site rather than checking your emails or facebook first! :D

I like the adverts about ''facials''! :D

When you switch your laptop on and you go straight to this site rather than checking your emails or facebook first! :D

Maybe there is hope for me yet then, I do check emails before coming onto this site!

When the receptionist knows your name and says "back again so soon?" as she opens the door!

One in particular even recognises me on the phone and knows who I'm going to book, when and for how long - do you think I may be getting a little set in my ways?

One in particular even recognises me on the phone and knows who I'm going to book, when and for how long - do you think I may be getting a little set in my ways?

The only answer can be....yes, but why change if it's good for you!

The only answer can be....yes, but why change if it's good for you!

My thoughts precisely!

A local hairdressing salon has an advert in the window for "Brazilian Blow Dry"?! :unsure:

A modem manufacturer that I used to deal with prefixes one of their models with CIM - the C for their name and the rest for Internet Modem. I felt that I should tell them but... how?

...when your TomTom groans and says to you "Milton Keynes? Not again!"

During the current one, you are thinking about the next one

This new 'BB' cream, not sure I'd want to smear it all over my face!

Your wife says...." the card was rejected as there is nothing in the account"...