Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peterpack

Has your Punting Frequency gone down since the Global Economic Crisis ?

11 posts in this topic

Mine has, but not because of money issues, but because i have a couple of regular casual shags on the go :D

But i do know guys whose punting has gone down a bit.

No, but then I haven't been credit crunched....yet

Until that moment, which fingers crossed will not arrive, its business as usual. i.e. punt as often as possible, whenever the opportunity arises!

I think it all depends on individual circumstances. Not everyone is suffering - many with steady income, from a fairly 'steady' job may actually have more disposable income as a result of variable rate mortgages. The tourist industry is reported to be healthy too due to the low value of the pound - most hotels have been packed up here over the summer.

Others have seen a drop in income and are stuck with fixed rates or rely on investments for income.

All depends upon personal circumstances.

Yes, I have not punted since early this year, when a sudden downturn in business meant that all of a sudden I started to realise the true worth of those blue bits of paper with Her Majesties face on. Plus, the stress had a negative impact on my libido.

Nope just the opposite.

Ive punted more this year than in previous years. Thanks to th 0.5% interest rates!

Problems just getting the time to. Usually because we've had to make some people redundant but not changed the time taken to get stuff done so end up working longer hours, making up for lost resources.

I was even going for a 45 min punt this lunchtime until I had some work dumped on my desk about 11:50 today. (I hadnt booked BTW in case you think Im a timewaster)

But when its quieter, I have the funds and certainly like to reward my efforts with a nice long relaxing punt :D

I think i have definitely been doing more research on the internet before punting ! which has had positive effects on my experiences !

The amount I punt has actually increased, but then again I consider this hobby an essential, like food & water.:D

I think it all depends on individual circumstances. Not everyone is suffering - many with steady income, from a fairly 'steady' job may actually have more disposable income as a result of variable rate mortgages. The tourist industry is reported to be healthy too due to the low value of the pound - most hotels have been packed up here over the summer.

Others have seen a drop in income and are stuck with fixed rates or rely on investments for income.

All depends upon personal circumstances.

How true. The past 12 months has seen the interest on my mortgage drop from circa £1200/month to £100/month. It helps fund a couple of punts/month AND i get to save up for a rainy day as well :P

Yes, I was made redundant in March, as a direct result of the "credit crunch", I have since found a new job, but on a much reduced wage, as a result my punting budget is reduced dramaticaly.

Yes, I was made redundant in March, as a direct result of the "credit crunch", I have since found a new job, but on a much reduced wage, as a result my punting budget is reduced dramaticaly.

My commiserations. It's happened to a lot of people and will happen to a lot more. I am quite conscious that it could happen to me as well. Strictly speaking, I should save every penny in case that fateful day arrives. But life is too short for all that, isn't it ?