Coventrypunter

Qr Codes

15 posts in this topic

i see 'le site violet' and put qr codes on its pages, one for the 'phone number and one for the url at the bottom

Useful. worth the effort?

Pity the phone nunber one isnt a vcard with their name too. But i reckon its a step forward.

I wont have a use for it but it seems something that will grow with the use of smartphones.

For a lady who has a basic website I think it will be useful to embed the QR code into their website or into any other advertising medium they use.

i see 'le site violet' and put qr codes on its pages, one for the 'phone number and one for the url at the bottom

Useful. worth the effort?

Pity the phone nunber one isnt a vcard with their name too. But i reckon its a step forward.

We did one for our website url 2 months ago and its proved very popular.

We have had one on our website for a long time now, ever since I spotted one at pizza express and the guys in the chatroom explained what it was to me. It just has basic info such as phone number and opening times..basic stuff people forget or dont want to keep in their phone contacts section.

We have had one on our website for a long time now, ever since I spotted one at pizza express and the guys in the chatroom explained what it was to me. It just has basic info such as phone number and opening times..basic stuff people forget or dont want to keep in their phone contacts section.

probably OK being a little smaller -then it will fit in the left panel under the 'phone number. Think many will miss it not having scrolled all the way down...

but nice one for having one there..

Does anyone have abuilt in QR reader on their phone?

Strangely my BB uses QR codes for BBM but if I want to scan QR codes on sites or IRL I need to download an app, makes no sense to me?

Have thought about putting these on business cards so clients can keep info hidden in their phones.

Or maybe BBM barcodes are different....

It's pointless using this for phone numbers, as a smartphone will automatically underline and provide links for any phone numbers it sees. These days QR codes are mainly used in printed media so that a mobile device can quickly and easily open a URL without having to type it in.

It's pointless using this for phone numbers, as a smartphone will automatically underline and provide links for any phone numbers it sees. These days QR codes are mainly used in printed media so that a mobile device can quickly and easily open a URL without having to type it in.

disagree

if you are browing on a pc, a qr code on a webby is useful for getting phone numbers into my phone.

and QR code readers are not normally part of the phone when you get it -its an app you get from android market or wherever. dunno why.

I wont have a use for it but it seems something that will grow with the use of smartphones.

For a lady who has a basic website I think it will be useful to embed the QR code into their website or into any other advertising medium they use.

Update! Now I use them all the time and I think they are a very useful resourse.

I find the QR code on the other site very useful

downloads the profile straight into your phone

QR is A free app too at the app store

QR codes now display on Gold and Silver profiles. They contain a vcard with profile name, phone, and URL.

QR codes now display on Gold and Silver profiles. They contain a vcard with profile name, phone, and URL.

Excellent. thanks

(And it works!)