Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bazzie

Mexico City - Anyone Been/Advice!

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I am off to Mexico City next week and was wondering if anyone can give some pointers on what to expect?

I know it can be a real dangerous place for the single traveler but I understand it is a punter's paradise as well! I want to try & stay away from risky places where gangs or pimps may hang out or something that is off the beaten track so to be safe!

I understand that there are so many women on the game, that there may be many independent ladies one can find at say decent bars, hotel lobby's etc? Can anyone recommend some places? How easy is to pick up 'normal' women there - say like hotel receptionists, waitresses, staff etc or women in bars. restaurants, approaching them in shops. stores, malls or even on the street?

Any idea on what is the going rates? Any scams to watch for or how to play the game to gather interest? Any places for resources & info, which papers/mags to buy there? I have spent an age googling but surprisingly, there is extremely limited info on the place considering it is so big, so liberal & with one of the highest concentration of working girls in the world! I really woudl welcome any help & advice!!

Bazzie!

I know it can be a real dangerous place for the single traveler

I used to live there. Last time I was back, was this time last year. Usual rules - don't wander off the beaten track, don't flash valuables, carry a photocopy of your passport. Be very careful at night. Walking around the 'middle class' colonias in Mexico City on your own is fine. Do not expect to pick up ordinary Mexican girls. Be very careful if you are approached - more than likely to be a scam.

AVOID Plaza Garibaldi and even the Zona Rosa (which used to be very respectable!) at night. Plaza Garibaldi can be a laugh but I would never go on my own and never pick up a girl there. You will be ripped off. If you are staying in a decent hotel, have a quiet word with a doorman. If your Spanish is not up to much, just say "Necesito una chica" - if he is reluctant it will be because he wants to see the colour of your money so give him $mex 100 or so. You may well find he fixes you up in no time at all. Make sure you specify age, size etc! If you want a girl in your room, then you will probably have to slip some eagle eyed member of staff another $mex100.

There are some excellent bar/brothels further out of town but you need a guide or driver.

There are also plenty of Hoteles de Paso where you can book a room for an hour or more - good ones have ceiling mirrors and the works.

Don't be embarassed - it is considered quite OK to make enquiries. Just don't forget that information costs money.

In the old days one could ask a taxi driver (they all know working girls and could fix you up with a real hottie). Unfortunately the taxi situation in the DF (as the city is known) is distinctly dodgy and you could end up in bad trouble.

I used to live there. Last time I was back, was this time last year. Usual rules - don't wander off the beaten track, don't flash valuables, carry a photocopy of your passport. Be very careful at night. Walking around the 'middle class' colonias in Mexico City on your own is fine. Do not expect to pick up ordinary Mexican girls. Be very careful if you are approached - more than likely to be a scam.

AVOID Plaza Garibaldi and even the Zona Rosa (which used to be very respectable!) at night. Plaza Garibaldi can be a laugh but I would never go on my own and never pick up a girl there. You will be ripped off. If you are staying in a decent hotel, have a quiet word with a doorman. If your Spanish is not up to much, just say "Necesito una chica" - if he is reluctant it will be because he wants to see the colour of your money so give him $mex 100 or so. You may well find he fixes you up in no time at all. Make sure you specify age, size etc! If you want a girl in your room, then you will probably have to slip some eagle eyed member of staff another $mex100.

There are some excellent bar/brothels further out of town but you need a guide or driver.

There are also plenty of Hoteles de Paso where you can book a room for an hour or more - good ones have ceiling mirrors and the works.

Don't be embarassed - it is considered quite OK to make enquiries. Just don't forget that information costs money.

In the old days one could ask a taxi driver (they all know working girls and could fix you up with a real hottie). Unfortunately the taxi situation in the DF (as the city is known) is distinctly dodgy and you could end up in bad trouble.

Hi Foresight!

Thanks for the tips so far! I don't think I am brave enough to wander out of town to those excellent bars/brothels because I would have to trust the taxi driver and that kind of leaves me feeling vulnerable! Any idea on how to get a honest one or a decent guide who will not rip me off? What is the name of this area as my hotel is also on the south outskirts of the city (Perif