Student S

"ill Manors" Film Directed By Plan B - Storyline

13 posts in this topic

I watche d the above film tonight which to cut a long story short-

featured a woman on crack who was supposed to have stolen a mobile...anyway...the supposed victim made her pay off her debt

by whoring her out with all and sundry. Mainly this was taking her round the chicken shops of I think East London and doing quite a lot of nasty stuff for £20.

She is obviously upset but is let go, and then does a trick straight after of her own accord.

Now, my friend was saying that this is disgusting. It obviously is to be pimped to men in the chip shop not of your own free will. But to then do it of your own accord (presumably to get crack...)

SECONDLY - I went on a night out last week and met a girl who said she was a "whore" (her words not mine) but specified that she was high class and not on the streets. I personally would never ever tell anyone in a normal context and have no need to, but she was quite drunk and she had no reason to suspect anything of me. Nor did I want to share it with her. Not appropriate then.

By question...or statement really...are these two ladies so different? AM I so different? I am not on the streets, nor am I charging £400 an hour. But surely we are all whores on the same continuum (sp?!)

It really is an age old question what with Brook whats her face (AKA Belle de Jour) making it all trendy and saying it's all middle class now and what a lovely thing to do. But I am no better or any worse than the girl in the street, no? She is a person too. and does the same thing, it just so happens that's not all I do, and no one else in my normal life knows.

On a basic level, all sex workers who work by choice are the same.

Not all street girls have a habit to feed. Not all "high class hookers" don't.

Etc etc :)

I know that and you know that, but do people really think that?

Some people are very fair about it. They think we're all disease ridden scum ;)

I know that and you know that, but do people really think that?

Ok, a serious answer. :)

I think you'll find that very few people would think of all echelons of the sex industry as being the same.

I would love to be able to say that folk in the industry are different, but there's plenty of snobbery amongst floozies.

I would say that I am different to either a street girl or a £500 p/h girl, but not on a basic level. Not at all. Just different in the way that I go about my work.

Ok, a serious answer. :)

I think you'll find that very few people would think of all echelons of the sex industry as being the same.

I would love to be able to say that folk in the industry are different, but there's plenty of snobbery amongst floozies.

I would say that I am different to either a street girl or a £500 p/h girl, but not on a basic level. Not at all. Just different in the way that I go about my work.

I guess the easiest way to draw distinctions within sexwork would be to try and ascertain the degree of autonomy that the person has, be that about their hours of work, the service they offer, and the clients they see, and I guess the financial independence that the work may, or may not, afford them. On that basis, imo, there exist some very great differences.

I guess the easiest way to draw distinctions within sexwork would be to try and ascertain the degree of autonomy that the person has, be that about their hours of work, the service they offer, and the clients they see, and I guess the financial independence that the work may, or may not, afford them. On that basis, imo, there exist some very great differences.

Well said your reverence

As a punter I would not see a street girl but this is not because I think less of them as human beings, but because I don't wish to add to what may already be a very difficult situation for them.

I want to have sex with women that are freely comfortable and happy with what they are doing. I cannot confidently guarantee that that is, or always has been, the case, but, as far as possible, that is what I seek out, and is as important to me as other key criteria such as attractiveness and price.

Edited by bottom liner

Insofar as we're all human, everybody is the same.

Insofar as we're all individuals, everybody is different.

If you want to classify people, you have to have a purpose in doing it.

If your purpose is to sell them a house, then you classify them according to whether they earn enough money or not.

If your purpose is to exchange money for sex, then you classify them according to whether they are prostitutes or not.

If your purpose is to have a pleasant relationship with them, then you classify them according to whether you find them congenial or not.

If your purpose is to judge them, then you can choose whatever criterion you like, but I don't want any part in it.

That's why I like coming on this forum.

Well said your reverence

As a punter I would not see a street girl but this is not because I think less of them as human beings, but because I don't wish to add to what may already be a very difficult situation for them.

I want to have sex with women that are freely comfortable and happy with what they are doing. I cannot confidently guarantee that that is, or always has been, the case, but, as far as possible, that is what I seek out, and is as important to me as other key criteria such as attractiveness and price.

Spot on mate. The crucial word for me is knowingly, i dont wish to knowingly punt with a street WG or any i thought were not happy or at least prepared in my judgement to be a WG. All i have ultimately is my best judgement to go on, who knows if that has always been infallible, not me.

Its clear from WGs posting on here that some choose to be WGs for whatever reasons which is their business, its choice that seperates them from someone who is either forced which is evil or really desperate feeling they have no choice in my opinion. There is always a choice if not being forced, but circumstances can make people think otherwise of course sadly. :)

In simple terms we are all doing the same thing (those who do it freely). Is a street girl who works for herself (I'm sure some exist) worse off than a 'high class' courtesan type who is forced into it by a pimp and has a drug habit?

Most people not in the know lump prostitution into one big bad 'wrong' thing or else assume it is either the glamorous Belle du Jour thing or the drug addled street walker thing. Most of us are somewhere in between, fairly ordinary women on fairly average incomes.

When I was outed I really found out how many misconceptions there were out there...comments included:

'Have you got a drug habit to feed?' (my mother that one!)

'So is X (my partner) your pimp?'

'No offence, but you don't look the type' (as in I'm not thin or glamorous enough)

'Ewww, don't you have to have sex with yucky dirty smelly old men?'

Happily most of my friends were of the attitude:

'Good on you!'

'It's about time you got paid for shagging!'

'Tell me all about it, I want every detail'

'I wish I had the confidence to do it!'

The point I am making is that people do have misconceptions, but also given a real live example of a prostitute they know and love who is able to explain what she does makes people realise that actually we're not the stereotypes we see on films, TV and in books.

In simple terms we are all doing the same thing (those who do it freely). Is a street girl who works for herself (I'm sure some exist) worse off than a 'high class' courtesan type who is forced into it by a pimp and has a drug habit?

Most people not in the know lump prostitution into one big bad 'wrong' thing or else assume it is either the glamorous Belle du Jour thing or the drug addled street walker thing. Most of us are somewhere in between, fairly ordinary women on fairly average incomes.

When I was outed I really found out how many misconceptions there were out there...comments included:

'Have you got a drug habit to feed?' (my mother that one!)

'So is X (my partner) your pimp?'

'No offence, but you don't look the type' (as in I'm not thin or glamorous enough)

'Ewww, don't you have to have sex with yucky dirty smelly old men?'

Happily most of my friends were of the attitude:

'Good on you!'

'It's about time you got paid for shagging!'

'Tell me all about it, I want every detail'

'I wish I had the confidence to do it!'

The point I am making is that people do have misconceptions, but also given a real live example of a prostitute they know and love who is able to explain what she does makes people realise that actually we're not the stereotypes we see on films, TV and in books.

To bang my drum again the reality is parts of the media and the femi-nazis (shame on them) purposely keep their agendas of drug riddled street workers and mac wearing perverts as what prostitution involves and means. THEY know different but dont care about lying, and some of the public just believe this shit because if a paper says so it must be true. Lazy journalism and lazy public not interested in discovering the truth by thinking beyond what rags like the Sun say.

The good Doctor Magnanti has broken through to an extent but very many more such women are required in my view, i appreciate many couldnt or wouldnt wish to be as public as her. :)