gog

Closures

7 posts in this topic

In view of the current economic climate, have you come accross any instances of parlours and agencies closing down.

Nope.

Ive only heard bunnies closing but dont think that it was due to the economic climate........

Seen some prices drop but that about it....

Personally, Ive got a lot more money in the bank due to foreseeing the changing interest rates and going for a tracker morgage, add to that getting bonueses and rises and promotions at work and therefore got alot more "free money" to spend..... Im doing up the front garden, kitchen and bathroom at the mo..... as well as punting..

Edited by Overworked

Nope.

Ive only heard bunnies closing but dont think that it was due to the economic climate........

Seen some prices drop but that about it....

Personally, Ive got a lot more money in the bank due to foreseeing the changing interest rates and going for a tracker morgage, add to that getting bonueses and rises and promotions at work and therefore got alot more "free money" to spend..... Im doing up the front garden, kitchen and bathroom at the mo..... as well as punting..

Will you be investing in a new christmas tree this year then ;):P xx

My family lost quite a considerable amount around 2008 thanks to Freddie and Fanny but fortunately that didn't translate to any cut in allowance for me, so it was punting business as usual. Now as that expenditure is offline, I voluntarily took a cut.

I didn't get the impression last year on this forum that there was, or had been, much in the way of a downturn in this arena, but I may be wrong.

In view of the current economic climate, have you come accross any instances of parlours and agencies closing down.

Apart from Bunnies already mentioned no but i dont punt through Agencies now and Parlours rarely. Sacred Rose parties closed down, i hear a member of their landlords staff rang the police and they shut them down for being a brothel.

As a West Midlands -based punter, I believe one or two around Brum & Cov have called it a day (not including the infanous "Cuddles" where the police called time, not a day too soon.

As a West Midlands -based punter, I believe one or two around Brum & Cov have called it a day (not including the infanous "Cuddles" where the police called time, not a day too soon.

Cuddles moved next door, reopened and I believe were almost immediately closed by Sandwell MBC as they didn't have planning permission.

B