Andyswukk

Post Punt Munchies

26 posts in this topic

So I discovered the punting scene since starting to travel to London and am enjoying it.

Paddington is a great area and I quite often like others have a quiet pint afterwards to reflect. But what about food? No one probably wants a sit down meal - where are your favourite snacking areas. I like ya halla on London road for their take away Lebanese.

Where else is good in London? Might get me away from paddington.....

If it's a weekday lunchtime, head down Lower Marsh (near Waterloo) to the food carts. The Thai one, the jerk chicken one and especially the taco one are all brill (and I've directed a fair few punters there after daytime bookings). I think there's something similar on Leather Lane, but that's not my turf :).

If you do manage to get away from Paddington, you will probably always end up returning.

However, within the almost limitless remit of "what's good in London", I would suggest Gabriel's Wharf on the south bank, which contains the wonderful PieMinister.

So I discovered the punting scene since starting to travel to London and am enjoying it.

Paddington is a great area and I quite often like others have a quiet pint afterwards to reflect. But what about food? No one probably wants a sit down meal - where are your favourite snacking areas. I like ya halla on London road for their take away Lebanese.

Where else is good in London? Might get me away from paddington.....

Oooh, one of the reverend's favorite topics!

I might try Ya Hala. Any particular dishes you recommend? Can you eat inside? I'd consider taking a regular there.

I tend to have a double-whopper at the Burger King on the corner of London St. Very satisfying.

Edited by Reverend Dick

Ya halla is great. Take away schwarmas at about 5 quid, sit down menu at about 8 quid and early evening they have specials coming in at about 6 or 7 quid. No beer but great lemonade and some fab mint concoction which looks like pond water but is great. Waitress looks tasty too. But the guys cooking look serious!

Try it I think you'd like it!

Oooh, one of the reverend's favorite topics!

I might try Ya Hala. Any particular dishes you recommend? Can you eat inside? I'd consider taking a regular there.

I tend to have a double-whopper at the Burger King on the corner of London St. Very satisfying.

Don't feel hungry straight after punting, but always thirsty. Today took sustenance in the Royal Exchange & The Mad Bishop.

Don't feel hungry straight after punting, but always thirsty. Today took sustenance in the Royal Exchange & The Mad Bishop.

Ah, has the Mad Bishop lost his Bear then? Careless old bugger.

Ah, has the Mad Bishop lost his Bear then? Careless old bugger.

Just couldn't be bothered to spell it out. I knew the Lord would reveal it to a man like yourself.

I quite often like others have a quiet pint afterwards to reflect. But what about food? No one probably wants a sit down meal

Don't be too sure. I've just said goodbye to a wonderful lady where the 1 hour booking expanded into 2 and I now find myself in a Thai Restaurant absolutely famished (well, I haven't eaten all day !). Looking forward to a nice meal and I get to surreptitiously ogle the waitresses at the same time.

Not in London though, so no good to you.

When in London, if you find yourself in the Borough Market area, it's just food heaven. Plenty of amazing stuff to eat there after some naughties.

Edited by Kantos Kan

A Chinese Take home is always satisfying :D

Edited by Corus Boy

Yes but don't you want another one an hour later?

Yes but don't you want another one an hour later?

Always but I can't often manage that now I'm older but I can always lick a Prawn Cracker :P

Always but I can't often manage that now I'm older but I can always lick a Prawn Cracker :P

I hope you're grateful that I set you up for such a good answer?

I love to munch a prawn sandwich from any of the major supermarkets. I can eat it in the car and throw the wrapper out of the window when I have finished (No, I don't really do that and it makes me mad when I see people do it).

I have a suspicion you're not talking about food, CB :cool:

I have a suspicion you're not talking about food, CB :cool:

Well I was thinking of a couple of things :D

Surely you have to go home and have a pot noodle.....the slag of snacks :lol:

I too think more of liquid refreshment rather than food after, but have been known to order the Chilli Con Carne with a side portion of chips in the Weatherspoons in MK after a punt while supping a Kronenburg or 5 ^_^

I know i know....i am so refined and upmarket :lol::ph34r:

Well I just did a wine dine and sixty nine type of meet tonight..

Fair enough I did not over eat at all, but here is me now tucking in to cooked little cocktail sausages from Marks and Sparks.

Lucy :)

Ive usually grabbed a larged cappacino at Euston station.

Its rare that I need to eat but have thirst for a nice thick burger king burger with fries and large coke...

I usually last thou till I get home and had one or nipped out for a beer and nice thick steak or taglatelli bolognese with a nice glass of red wine at home...

Think I get a strange craving for beef and strong "bland" food post punt...

Edited by Overworked

Well I just did a wine dine and sixty nine type of meet tonight..

Fair enough I did not over eat at all, but here is me now tucking in to cooked little cocktail sausages from Marks and Sparks.

Lucy :)

Is there some subliminal message here about the size of thing that Lucy has to put in her mouth in the course of duty?

I love food mmmmmmmmmm....

Post punts can include simple sandwiches to mixed grills to early sit downs at any half decent restaurant....

washed down with ice cold vodka & coke....

I love food mmmmmmmmmm....

Post punts can include simple sandwiches to mixed grills to early sit downs at any half decent restaurant....

washed down with ice cold vodka & coke....

Unusually, too nice for the tube today, so some unknown pub on the way to Paddington and the Mad Bishop again for me. Can't think of food while contemplating the previous hour's events and supping a few beers. Maybe I'll grow up one day?

Edited by dmc32

Afterwards I fancy a large Melton Mowbray pork pie and some crisps!

Spock

Fast food for me, mmm. :D

Me too, i rarely eat before a punt but am always hungry afterwards driving to a kebab, pizza or kfc or similar place. Its not as bad as the real munchies i used to get while stoned though, although i said no to that shit many years ago. ;)