Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
willbred

Nickname For Pussy " Mary"

18 posts in this topic

I was recently with a lady based in Coventry who referred to her pussy as her "Mary". She didn't know where the term came from. I have only heard it used once elsewhere, in Suffolk.

Anybody know the origin?

New one on me.

Of course, the Virgin Mary was the only woman in history who is supposed to have conceived without the use of her cunt. There's a widespread tendency to use opposites in the "magic" use of words (and anything referring to private parts is automatically magic). So, wishing someone good luck is done by invoking something bad ("Break a leg", "Merde" etc). So it might make sense to christen your cunt with the name of the woman who made least use of it.

Just a thought.

Are you sure she didn't mean Merry? Many a man have been made Merry

I'm not sure about "Mary" I have once or twice referred to my "pussy" as the Mrs lol....

Each to their own hey.

Cx

My mother used to refer to a girl's pussy as her Mary, I've no idea of the origin. My penis was referred to as my John Willy, shortened to Willy of course.

A civilian thai girl I worked with once said to me , during conversation ,

" I always shave and put cream on my " sister "

" your sister ? , you put cream on your sister ? " I asked surprised .

She pointed down to between her legs . Then told me many Thais refer to the pussy as sister in polite terms .

It's not a good name. What would she call it during her time of the month?

It's not a good name. What would she call it during her time of the month?

Bloody Mary? lol

Well it's not among this little list...

Oh I pasted and copied a very long list of alternative names but they didn't appear so perhaps this link will work:

http://onlineslangdi..., female genitalia.html

And a derivation from the rhyming of hairy Mary could also be a possibility.

Edited by vivluvsme

My pussy is called Tigger and he's a domestic short hair. On the other hand, a lady friend calls hers "my bettsy".

Mrs L, with incomprehensible logic refers to hers as her bum. When presed apparently she has three bums - back, middle and front.

New one on me.

Of course, the Virgin Mary was the only woman in history who is supposed to have conceived without the use of her cunt. There's a widespread tendency to use opposites in the "magic" use of words (and anything referring to private parts is automatically magic). So, wishing someone good luck is done by invoking something bad ("Break a leg", "Merde" etc). So it might make sense to christen your cunt with the name of the woman who made least use of it.

Just a thought.

You may be right, Mr Bloom. WikiIslam contains the following, which certainly links vagina with Mary :

In Qur'anic verses 21:91 & 66:12, Allah says that he breathed into Maryam's (Mary's) vagina in order to conceive Isa (the Islamic Jesus). When looking at the tafsir's we find that Allah did this by sending the Angel Jibreel (Gabriel) to complete this task. The word "Farj" is used in these verses to indicate where Allah/Jibreel blew, and Farj means "vagina." The verse uses "Farjaha" which means "her vagina."

*shudder* My mother is called Mary.

A retired parlour lady who is now receptionist uses "Mary". Very useful when I contact her with a view to coming out of retirement for an hour - I ask if my old friend Mary could be persuaded to see me.

I was brought up with "Mary". I can't use it now. It sounds too childish, just as I wouldn't call it a "Mini" (mine's more of a "Maxi" :D )

This could be a very useful name for it ... one to use in more polite company - or with kids etc ... for boys parts it's never a problem, there's always the word "willy" - but it's hard to come up with a generic non-offensive (and non-biological) word for womens' bits.

Although I have sometimes heard the pussy referred to as "tuppence" with kids ... so where does this come from? Is it instilling into them, at an early age, that it's worth money?

This could be a very useful name for it ... one to use in more polite company - or with kids etc ... for boys parts it's never a problem, there's always the word "willy" - but it's hard to come up with a generic non-offensive (and non-biological) word for womens' bits.

Although I have sometimes heard the pussy referred to as "tuppence" with kids ... so where does this come from? Is it instilling into them, at an early age, that it's worth money?

Not sure you will get away with willy in front of youngsters...

Tuppence appears to come from the cost of entry to the first female public loo in London.

I was recently with a lady based in Coventry who referred to her pussy as her "Mary". She didn't know where the term came from. I have only heard it used once elsewhere, in Suffolk.

Anybody know the origin?

I think its used in Merseyside/Wirral. I roomed with a Liverpool girl at Uni and she used Mary.

I was only discussing the lack of 'nice' names for the 'Mary' with a female friend the other day. FUFU became the term we agreed was about the most polite until we saw the possibility it may be some sort of distorted acronym! :eek: One good thing about the use of various names for it rather than a standard term...The choice of term used does seem to betray the character of the person using the term.

Stange that so many names for the most female of body parts are conjured up by men. Morbid interest methinks! :D