JKay

Bloody Printers.....

13 posts in this topic

Got this R300 Epson, getting on a bit but I can get replacement cartridges for about £9 a set, some times you need to reinstall them as it shows a message that they are not genuine but you just take them out and put back in and all is reset and away you go! but today went to print something and I got an error message for all 6 cartridges and could i get rid of it, tried everything and thought Its time for a new printer.... I kicked it in frustration.

It now working again but next time I'm putting on my work boots and not my slippers!

If you don't need colour get a laser . It'll cost more up front but will cost less to run. They don't clog. They tend to be faster.

If you get one of the ones aimed at office use they'll last forever at the rhythm a home user will print.

i print very little. I have an HP printer but when it dies i don't think i will bother again. Just take the file on a data stick to the office supplies shop nearby and let them print it for 5p a sheet. Photos at Boots or Morrisons.

Less hassle.

(Or email it to work and print it there!)

I've got the R300 as well but with a bulk ink kit. The cartridges are replaced by dummies that have pipes feeding them from a seperate reservoir. Lot cheaper to run than cartridges and easier to refil.

I've got the R300 as well but with a bulk ink kit. The cartridges are replaced by dummies that have pipes feeding them from a seperate reservoir. Lot cheaper to run than cartridges and easier to refil.

How much for the kit?

I know a place in Walthamstow, London, E17 where the inks are £1 each!

BTW, If you do decide to bin it, I will take it off your hands.

How much for the kit?

Varies.Anywhere from £25 -50, I've had mine for a few years, so can't remember where I had it from. Usually comes with at least 100ml of each colour ink. Then you buy refills of each colour as needed. Std carts are around 5ml IIRC.

Google for a CISS Continuous Ink System or check out Amazon.

Edited by Freddie68

How have people found cartridge world refilled ones? i have had problems with them not working so have given up on them.

or was it just me?

HP Photosmart 5200 injet

How have people found cartridge world refilled ones? i have had problems with them not working so have given up on them.

or was it just me?

HP Photosmart 5200 injet

In a word CRAP. I would never go back there again. Once bitten etc...........

Ive got a HP printer.

Cost me over 100 quid.

Printed a map off last year... Printed off a xmas shopping list off and I had to change the cartridges as they has run out!!!!!

Printed off a document last month and its again complaining that theres no ink!!! Ive printed off at most 20 pages since I bought it and Ive changed the cartridges twice!!! and they are not cheap!!

Must be just drying out.

If you really need a printer and will use it often, fine.. but if not dont bother... just use a work one or copy to your phone...

Edited by Overworked

I have an Epson R800 that uses 7 seperate inks. Always buy my inks from http://www.phoenix-direct.co.uk and never had any problems. Very good quality compatible inks and delivery often the day after placing an order online.

windows prints black and white using the colour cartridge. It least it does to my HP

When I print i do properties, take the colour tab and select print in greyscale, then select using black cartridge only. makes a huge difference to ink usage. And the printer still works even tho the colour cartridge is empty.

Using draft mode for stuff saves too. Even with lasers. and the print comes out quicker too.

Got a HP7160.

The inks never lasted that long, and I always bought genuine ones.

Then I got sick of splashing out so bought some generic ones that were twice the size. No difference in quality of printing, no problems with the printer and the ink lasts much longer.

It's a con when they say you should use genuine inks.