Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
heather

A Tech Persons Help Please...thank You

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I don't know how this never works for me I know all kinds of tech stuff about the internet but this fails me yet again just now.

On the profile picture upload......You do go to the picture you want...go to properties.....copy the full URL...which is the http://( blah blah ending in .jpg) and upload ....yes

I do this a lot of times on websites and it never ever works for me......does a kind techy person know if I am in fact doing something wrong....many many thanks xx

Profile pics are disabled here so that's why it's not working for you - it's not anything you're doing wrong.

x

Hi, I don't know how this never works for me I know all kinds of tech stuff about the internet but this fails me yet again just now.

On the profile picture upload......You do go to the picture you want...go to properties.....copy the full URL...which is the http://( blah blah ending in .jpg) and upload ....yes

I do this a lot of times on websites and it never ever works for me......does a kind techy person know if I am in fact doing something wrong....many many thanks xx

Welcome to the forum Heather. :) As Claire says pictures are not allowed so thats why.

I don't think Heather is enquiring particularly about this forum ...if at all

the problem may be copying the url via properties, IF this picture is local I.e. not hosted online it may not work however if you right click a picture that's online and clicked 'copy url' it would, different forums use different setups (vBulletin and phpBB quite popular) and these handle pics differently, safest way is to click through directly from the upload option straight through to the picture like I would in say yahoo email, on another vBulletin forum I frequent 'your' method ...properties? paste would work but if I recall the virgin media forum wouldn't have this and you had to copy and paste the pic like you would in word ...even though it pops you up the url box thing. ...or indeed like this forum it may just be disabled

actually she probably is ...oops :) just read her last paragraph to mean other websites