Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Creed23

Real Or Fake?

15 posts in this topic

Hey,

I'm looking to book some time with a lady soon for my first punt (not sure who yet and whether i'll be going with an agency or independent) but i'm wondering, do you guys give your real name? Or do you give a fake name in an attempt to protect (to some extent) your identity?

Thanks,

Creed

Hey,

I'm looking to book some time with a lady soon for my first punt (not sure who yet and whether i'll be going with an agency or independent) but i'm wondering, do you guys give your real name? Or do you give a fake name in an attempt to protect (to some extent) your identity?

Thanks,

Creed

I've always given my real (first) name, surnames aren't necessary.

Well a girl won't usually ask your last name unless its an outcall to your home so you can just give your real first name. I promise we have better things to do than stalk men because we know their christian name! I think it's easier to use your real name because in my experience some chaps get all muddled up- I have one chap in my phone as Adam (cos that's what he told me it was!) , but when he texts for a booking he says Hi it's Andrew or hello it's James. It doesn't matter though it just amuses me!

If you're using a fake first name, pick something memorable - not Dave. Everyone's Dave (apologies to all the Daves!).

Exactly the same thoughts went through my head when I began, and I opted for my real name, simply on account (as noted above) of being incredibly forgetful.

I did worry, rather unnecessarily, about my real name being known but frankly, only I ever knew it was my real name, so to anybody else it might as well have been fake.

All the best with that first punt and welcome to the world.

Hey,

Thanks,

Creed

Welcome to the forum Creed. :) Always fake. My real name and ID isnt something i would give or see as necessary in punting and i have very rarely been asked for ID in my 29 years punting. I did however give my nick on here when punting with some WGs who were members on here at the time but thats as far as i would be comfortable doing. Good luck with your first punt i hope it goes well. :)

Edited by smiths

If you're using a fake first name, pick something memorable - not Dave. Everyone's Dave (apologies to all the Daves!).

Yes at parties most are Dave, Paul, Steve or Pete. ;)

I just say im the Suffolk Punter!

Do you like Egg Fried Rice

SP

Edited by Suffolk Punter

Yes at parties most are Dave, Paul, Steve or Pete. ;)

Oh but also don't pick Gaz - sifting through emails on @dultwork most of the TWs seem to be called Gaz (I think this was mentioned on saafe at one point too, so not just me!).

Julian's a nice name, sounds v. respectable. Oh or call yourself Xabi and you'll probably be greeted by someone who's in a state of huge excitement with dirty thoughts of Mr. Alonso running through her brain....

Oh but also don't pick Gaz - sifting through emails on @dultwork most of the TWs seem to be called Gaz (I think this was mentioned on saafe at one point too, so not just me!).

Julian's a nice name, sounds v. respectable. Oh or call yourself Xabi and you'll probably be greeted by someone who's in a state of huge excitement with dirty thoughts of Mr. Alonso running through her brain....

I will bear those names in mind, i have used Brad before. ;):)

I've always used my real name, admittedly I've not punted for a while, but when I get back to it I cant see me doing anything different. I only punt when single anyway and I'm lucky enough to be in a job where getting found out wont result in me losing my job (unless I fire myself) so a lady knowing my full real name doesnt pose any particular risk to me.

Also, keeping fake identity's straight sounds like too much effort for my tiny brain....))

Being one of those who is known to all folks who are close by an "unofficial" name, I always use my given 1st name for punting and booking air tickets.

Hey,

Thanks,

Creed

I use my real first name (it's a pretty common name). I never reveal my surname and can't see any reason why I would need to to a WG or agency. I'm far from famous, but I'm reasonably well known in my home town and if you google my full name (my surname is not that common) followed by the town I appear numerous times on the first page, so using my full name in this world could be disastrous! :eek:

I'd bet that applies to quite a few people, but I really don't see what harm can come from a real first name in isolation (unless it's a very unusual name)?

I use my real first name and it is very easy to remember so I am consistent.

A first name is all ladies need for an incall, just so we have something to call you, it doesn't have to be your real name if that makes you uncomfortable.

But please try to remember it! You have no idea of the panic caused when we are all ready for our 2pm booking with 'Steve' and at 2pm we get a call "Hi! It's Gary, I'm outside now!" :blink: