Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
simplesimon

newsnight tongiht 20th oct.

10 posts in this topic

its on at the moment... i cant multitask so i will comment on it after i have watched it.

ok i was in such a rush to post a thread i didnt check the spelling of my title... but the report pretty much confirmed that the trafficking of girls to the uk is hugely exagerated.. and paxman gave the government spokesman a telling off too .... oh and some clips of a reporter in soho... going into some walk ups .. its not really news...

Essentially the Guardian story rehashed, then? nothing on the BBC website yet, though.

ok i was in such a rush to post a thread i didnt check the spelling of my title... but the report pretty much confirmed that the trafficking of girls to the uk is hugely exagerated.. and paxman gave the government spokesman a telling off too .... oh and some clips of a reporter in soho... going into some walk ups .. its not really news...

Caught part of it too thanks to your heads up Simon

fair summary and we need some high profile types like paxo grilling the minister about the exaggeration

mcshane was hopeless and then at the end said something inappropriate about the woman there being killed

the trafficking of girls to the uk is hugely exagerated..

wow, no shit sherlock.

these feminazies are all for saying there are 1 million imported girls held in leg chains purely for mens pleasure when its all guess work. the government dont even know how many illegal immigrants there are in the country never mind women imported and indentured or otherwise forced to work in the industry. ( i wont even mention a study that says more women are imported to work in factories than brothels but then why let facts get in the way of the feminazis or the gurdian)

That Mcshane character made himself look an idiot. Why didn't he just keep his cool and admit that his figures were wrong, but there are a still a small minority of sex workers who are trafficked/coerced, and although the vast majority of sex workers are consensual adults, we should still make efforts to help this minority, whilst making sure the consenting majority are given the rights to work safely. Would of given himself more credibility. Instead he made himself look a fool.

Fascinating. What a fool and a liar McShane showed himself to be. I have rarely seen Paxo so contemptous at the end of an interview.