Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Strawberry

O2 National Fault

14 posts in this topic

I've been reliably informed that O2 are currently experiencing a national fault. This means some O2 numbers will not currently receive or be able to make calls. This is affecting different numbers and services randomly, and may take between 1-24hrs to fix. Unfortunately it's affected my work number, but not another O2 number which I also have. Very frustrating as all you get if you phone me is a dead beep, not even voicemail!

Im on giff gaff and thats dead too. and they have admitted it on website

(Giff gaff uses the o2 network)

thanks for heads up strawberry

My personal (O2) phone cut off about three pm when I was sitting in a cafe, and I couldn't understand why my cheapo Tesco PAYG work phone was fine and the contract one wouldn't work.

Having got home and managed to get on live O2 chat about two hours ago, I'm told that it should be back on within the next 12 hours so it is being sorted. It's a pain in the arse, right enough.

My punting sim has mysteriously stopped working in the past few hours. That sounds like the cause. Pretty bad timing as a young lady is due to arrive in less than an hour, so I've had to give her my personal number. Thanks O2.

Thanks to Strawberry for the info.

Was just about to start a similar post. My private phone is 02 and it's been off since this afternoon too. Wonder how many bookings have been wrecked by this?

My personal (O2) phone cut off about three pm when I was sitting in a cafe, and I couldn't understand why my cheapo Tesco PAYG work phone was fine and the contract one wouldn't work.

Having got home and managed to get on live O2 chat about two hours ago, I'm told that it should be back on within the next 12 hours so it is being sorted. It's a pain in the arse, right enough.

I can't get onto any of their support or coverage services. I guess they are inundated?

I managed to get on their network status site around 4, but not since. Phone's still dead.

GiffGaff and Tesco Mobile both piggyback the 02 network and are both also suffering network loss.

Great opportunity for guys like me who get paranoid about having to explain being "off the radar" for any length of time!

Read elsewhere that it was the O2 3G network that was down and if you switch 3G off, your phone will comeback to live on the standard GRPS network. My 3G was off and my O2 phone has been unaffected by the outage. Make of this what you will.

Edited by Trawlerman81

mine came back at about 0615 this morning.

phone went berzerk with the backlog of messages. nearly gave me a heart attack!

o2 have sent me a text saying they will be automatically knocking 10% off any top-up i make in September and are offering a £10 voucher to use in an o2 shop.

I wasnt even personally affected by this fault.

o2 have sent me a text saying they will be automatically knocking 10% off any top-up i make in September and are offering a £10 voucher to use in an o2 shop.

I wasnt even personally affected by this fault.

Me either as an O2 customer. Didnt even notice TBH...I got a text of a 10% off top up too. So dicount for no inconvieniece.

Think if was standing in the rain thou, trying to confirm a punt I wouldnt be as forthcoming....

Edited by Overworked

giff gaff give an extra 10% on topups in a weeks time. Cant be arsed.