ricky444

How To Use Chat Room?

13 posts in this topic

hi how do i use the chat room. it says i dont have enough privileges

You need to become a full member to use the chat room. This happens when you have done 20 posts.

how many have posted this question this year so far??????

A fair point Cov. But i wonder if it would not be possible to atach some message explaining this when those without full memeber status attempt to enter chat - i would save this question being asked time after time.

I have to admit to being one of those who asked this question a few months ago :unsure: I don't have a lot of free time to get on here, so I don't spend too much of it reading the guidance notes. A brief explanation when trying to log in to the chat room would have been a great help.

lol thanks for your inputs guys. ill be a full member in no time.

lol thanks for your inputs guys. ill be a full member in no time.

Ive got a full member now!!!!

I don't know why but I always felt odd about the chat room. I think of punting as a solitary hobby and the idea of chatting did not fit in with that picture. Writing these comments on the notice board seems to be my limit of sociability. But then I am a steppenwolf

I've had a similar problem with the offtopic chat room, no access but no info telling why or how to access it.

I've had a similar problem with the offtopic chat room, no access but no info telling why or how to access it.

Thats because we dont have a offtopic chat room.

Thats because we dont have a offtopic chat room.

I'm pretty sure it means the "Off-Topic Talk" forum. While the description says it's for full members only (without a link explaining what this means) the error message you get when you try to access the forum is not very helpful.

Would it be possible to show the "Off-Topic Talk" forum in the forum overview only if someone is a full member?

Its a shame about the 20 posts, what is that about? encouraging random posts from newcomers just to become full members?

Its a shame about the 20 posts, what is that about? encouraging random posts from newcomers just to become full members?

You should read and understand the Forum Rules before posting, in which you will find the answer to your question. There is a link at the bottom-right of each page.

Far from encouraging random posting, "Posting worthless messages which contribute nothing meaningful" is also against Forum Rules.

It's really very simple - start making a positive contribution to the forum and you will soon have Full Member status.