Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pooter

Edinburgh Sauna

6 posts in this topic

I see some concerned citizen is intending to challenge every sauna license that comes up for renewal. Reckon he is wasting his time and money, says its because he dislikes pimps, no doubt his real reason will come out. All this publicity for saunas just gets them more customers, as the local paper feels obliged yet a again to send an undercover reporter in to discover the truth.

Is there a way for a concerned citizen ( such as myself :) ) to support every sauna licence that comes up for renewal. I'd definitely be up for supporting Blair, Newtown, Gentle Touch as seemingly run well places from the customer's pov - no signs of coercion, trafficking, etc, and happy customers. If I ever did marry, I'd only end up coveting what I couldn't have, so it's a good deal from the religious viewpoint too.

Serious question though pooter : is there a source that you know of that lists dates and times that licences are up for renewal that this busybody might go to.

This question is a matter of Scots law (in which I am NOT skilled), but I'd be surprised if Edinburgh Council wouldn't honour a suitably drafted FOI request. You'll need to discover (ask at your favourite sauna if you can see their licence), what sort of licence they get.

Concerned Citizen doesn't like pimps? Me too! But when a lady pays to work a shift in a Sauna, surely she is cutting the pimp out of the circuit?

I'd guess that renewals, subject to police & fire "tick" are done by a Council Officer under delegated powers unless there are "x" objections, all from different addresses within the relevant ward, or one from a Community Council. Here, I think, "x = 5", but in densely populated Edinburgh it might be more.

Edited by Irgendeiner

Civic Government Act (Scotland) Act 1982

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1982/45/contents

Section 41(1) A licence, to be known as a “public entertainment licence”, shall be required for the use of premises as a place of public entertainment..

(2)In this section, “place of public entertainment” means any place where, on payment of money or money’s worth, members of the public are admitted or may use any facilities for the purposes of entertainment or recreation....

Schedule 1 of the Act sets out the procedures and provisions relating to the PEL.

Paragraph 14(3) of the Schedule provides that:

The register shall be open to the inspection of any member of the public at such reasonable times and places as may be determined by the licensing authority and any member of the public may make a copy thereof or an extract therefrom.

I love the Saunas in Edinburgh, I hope this guy doesn't cause any trouble or burst the bubble. Because maybe it's just me I found some of the flats and the girls not to be quite what it "said on the tin."

And at least as long as I phone before hand I know all the girls I'd choose from the saunas I love. Emma, Carmel, Connie, Jessica and co.

Avoid Rose st. But maybe that's just me.

I love the Saunas in Edinburgh, I hope this guy doesn't cause any trouble or burst the bubble. Because maybe it's just me I found some of the flats and the girls not to be quite what it "said on the tin."

And at least as long as I phone before hand I know all the girls I'd choose from the saunas I love. Emma, Carmel, Connie, Jessica and co.

Avoid Rose st. But maybe that's just me.

Dont be shy about badmouthing an establishment, they bring it on themselves, by allowing poor servers to stay on the books.