Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jimmyredcab

Hong Kong report

19 posts in this topic

The currency in Hong Kong is the HK dollar, there are 12 to £ which takes some getting used to so I will quote any prices in sterling.

The airport is large and modern, when you arrive it is a few minutes walk to the express train into town which is a 25 minute journey, it has air-con and even carpets on the floor, it costs £8 which means you will not see any local people on there apart from businessmen.

The main station is simply called “Hong Kong” and once there you can get a taxi from the official rank, the meter starts at £1-50 and moves up quite slowly, the cabs in that area are maroon with a silver roof and the drivers seem OK ----- they will let you in before they know where you are going.

The main area for action seems to be Wan Chai, my hotel was The Cosmopolitan which cost £50 a night through Expedia but it can be far more expensive if there is a major conference in town.

I did not venture into any “girlie bars”, they try to entice you in with a beer at £2 but my research taught me that once inside you will be put under pressure to buy “lady drinks” for anything up to £20, one of the Mamasams assured me I could use a private room with one of the girls but I declined her kind offer. These bars are on Lockhart Road, you can’t miss them as they have large neon signs.

The other main road for action is Jaffe Road which has a fair number of clubs and bars that are frequented by freelancers, the good thing is that there is no cover charge for these clubs so you can look inside and if it does not appeal to you then you can simply walk out.

The best of these clubs in my opinion in Neptune 2, not sure of the opening hours but it seemed to be pretty much 24 hours.

What surprised me slightly was the vast range of nationalities in attendance, I spoke to girls from Thailand, Philippines, Kenya, Viet Nam and even Venezuela ------ not sure how long they can stay in HK but Brits are allowed 6 months without a visa. There is a live band playing in the club but if you wish to discuss “business” there is a quiet area at the back of the bar.

Drink prices are quite expensive, roughly £4 for a small bottled beer which explains the free entry.

Now for the bad news, these ladies seem to all quote £80 minimum although overnights can be got for £160 ------ for this reason Hong Kong will not suit guys who normally visit Pattaya where £20-£30 overnight seems to be the norm.

I decided early on that at those prices I would probably stick to boozing, that was of course until I met “Suzanne” from Viet Nam, I had never met a girl from that part of the world and always imagined them to be peasant farm girls ----- however this girl was five star, light skinned with a perfect face and the bonus was she spoke almost perfect English.

All that needed to be sorted was the price, the girls in HK are business women unlike in Pattaya where they seem to accept whatever you want to pay them.

She quotes me £120 which is far too much for that part of the world, I offer £80, she takes a sip of her drink and says “OK, special price for you”, yeah right, anyway it was deal done. I did actually see her again during the trip, I must consider visiting Viet Nam in the future.

My summary of Hong Kong is that it is OK for a short trip, maybe five days but serious mongers would do better to combine it with a trip to Manila or Bangkok which are only a short flight away.

I enjoyed it but would not return because there are so many other places in the world that I would like to see.

More about Neptune 2 club -----

http://www.orientexpat.com/hong-kong-nightlife/neptune-2

that was of course until I met "Suzanne" from Viet Nam, I had never met a girl from that part of the world and always imagined them to be peasant farm girls ----- however this girl was five star, light skinned with a perfect face and the bonus was she spoke almost perfect English.

She quotes me £120 which is far too much for that part of the world, I offer £80, she takes a sip of her drink and says "OK, special price for you", yeah right, anyway it was deal done. I did actually see her again during the trip, I must consider visiting Viet Nam in the future.

My summary of Hong Kong is that it is OK for a short trip, maybe five days but serious mongers would do better to combine it with a trip to Manila or Bangkok which are only a short flight away.

Let me know if you ever decide to visit Vietnam. As with HK, it is NOT a punters' paradise but some of the most beautiful women in the world are Vietnamese and one can land some real gems there if he is willing to make a bit of an effort and to ignore the higher cost differential with Thailand or the Philippines. Actually, a better place to have 'The Vietnamese Experience' is in neighboring Cambodia. Half the hookers in Phnom Penh are of Vietnamese extraction, and they are the better looking half. Since the two countries share the Mekong Delta and have exchanged periodic military incursions over the years, the ethnic mixture in the area is somewhat homogenised. The Vietnamese tend to be more sylph-like and elegant while the local Khmer are more robust and earthy - actually, if that sounds like 'win-win', it is. But, other than Angkor Wat, Vietnam wins hands down as a touristic destination and if you are interested in having an amazing cultural experience, the local lovelies are merely frosting on the cake.;)

Let me know if you ever decide to visit Vietnam. As with HK, it is NOT a punters' paradise but some of the most beautiful women in the world are Vietnamese.

It is a bit early to plan my next trip but Vietnam will be on the shortlist, only problem I can see in my early research is that it is "illegal" for hotels to allow local girls to stay with foreigners ------ but I am sure there are ways round that. ;);)

It is a bit early to plan my next trip but Vietnam will be on the shortlist, only problem I can see in my early research is that it is "illegal" for hotels to allow local girls to stay with foreigners ------ but I am sure there are ways round that. ;);)
Not true. Many of the larger hotels have a 'no local guest' policy but Saigon, in particular, abounds with what are called 'mini-hotels' and many of those cater mainly to foreigners desiring to 'have it off' with the local lovelies. Find your lovely and she will steer you to one (very rarely, this can be a 'set-up' but you can make your own advance arrangements at the mini-hotel of your choice if you are concerned - they all are cheap, 'by the hour').:D

Nice report Jimmy, I to like Viet girls, sounds like th UN of punting In HK,

did Suzanne go ST? Considering the prices some Bkk gogo divas try and quote these days, not to bad.

Thanks for the report.

What did you think of the Cosmopolitan hotel? Was it girl friendly?

Did you try any of the massage parlours, etc?

I have been offered the opportunity to go there in early Feb next year, but wondering about going to Thailand instead. Your advice?

Thanks.

Peter

The currency in Hong Kong is the HK dollar, there are 12 to £ which takes some getting used to so I will quote any prices in sterling.

The airport is large and modern, when you arrive it is a few minutes walk to the express train into town which is a 25 minute journey, it has air-con and even carpets on the floor, it costs £8 which means you will not see any local people on there apart from businessmen.

The main station is simply called "Hong Kong" and once there you can get a taxi from the official rank, the meter starts at £1-50 and moves up quite slowly, the cabs in that area are maroon with a silver roof and the drivers seem OK ----- they will let you in before they know where you are going.

The main area for action seems to be Wan Chai, my hotel was The Cosmopolitan which cost £50 a night through Expedia but it can be far more expensive if there is a major conference in town.

I did not venture into any "girlie bars", they try to entice you in with a beer at £2 but my research taught me that once inside you will be put under pressure to buy "lady drinks" for anything up to £20, one of the Mamasams assured me I could use a private room with one of the girls but I declined her kind offer. These bars are on Lockhart Road, you can't miss them as they have large neon signs.

The other main road for action is Jaffe Road which has a fair number of clubs and bars that are frequented by freelancers, the good thing is that there is no cover charge for these clubs so you can look inside and if it does not appeal to you then you can simply walk out.

The best of these clubs in my opinion in Neptune 2, not sure of the opening hours but it seemed to be pretty much 24 hours.

What surprised me slightly was the vast range of nationalities in attendance, I spoke to girls from Thailand, Philippines, Kenya, Viet Nam and even Venezuela ------ not sure how long they can stay in HK but Brits are allowed 6 months without a visa. There is a live band playing in the club but if you wish to discuss "business" there is a quiet area at the back of the bar.

Drink prices are quite expensive, roughly £4 for a small bottled beer which explains the free entry.

Now for the bad news, these ladies seem to all quote £80 minimum although overnights can be got for £160 ------ for this reason Hong Kong will not suit guys who normally visit Pattaya where £20-£30 overnight seems to be the norm.

I decided early on that at those prices I would probably stick to boozing, that was of course until I met "Suzanne" from Viet Nam, I had never met a girl from that part of the world and always imagined them to be peasant farm girls ----- however this girl was five star, light skinned with a perfect face and the bonus was she spoke almost perfect English.

All that needed to be sorted was the price, the girls in HK are business women unlike in Pattaya where they seem to accept whatever you want to pay them.

She quotes me £120 which is far too much for that part of the world, I offer £80, she takes a sip of her drink and says "OK, special price for you", yeah right, anyway it was deal done. I did actually see her again during the trip, I must consider visiting Viet Nam in the future.

I enjoyed it but would not return because there are so many other places in the world that I would like to see.

Jimmy

Familiar as I am with your posts on other forums, just for info, if the $800 ST price is too steep for you in HK, you can go to Jordon which is on the Kowloon side or Causeway Bay, one stop up from Wanchai, and get a 90 minute - 2 1/2 hour 'massage' with full service for around $500 - $600.

You will find this better value that the Neptune girls.

Admittedly though, the Neptunes girls are much more fun.

I've worked in HK now for years and often go for a massage then just to Neptunes for the drinks and a bit of fun.

The next time you go, I would seriously recommend going to KPressure in Woosang Street, Jordan. You will find detail on WSG.

It will be the best $500 you will ever spend!

Nice report Jimmy, I to like Viet girls, sounds like th UN of punting In HK,

did Suzanne go ST?

Yes, not sure how long but no rush, over an hour anyway. I have always hated the expression "short time" because it can mean whatever the girl wants it to mean.

From what I hear Bangkok is dead at the moment but the Go-Go girls have not reduced their prices, you know about Thai mentality. :confused:

Thanks for the report.

What did you think of the Cosmopolitan hotel? Was it girl friendly?

Did you try any of the massage parlours, etc?

I have been offered the opportunity to go there in early Feb next year, but wondering about going to Thailand instead. Your advice?

Thanks.

Peter

1) I had no problems taking girls in, you don't walk past reception but some nights there is someone sitting at a desk by the lifts.

2) I am not really into massage parlours so I did not try to find any.

3) Your last question is hard to answer, the vast majority of Thai hookers are not attractive (in my opinion) --- but they are cheap, Pattaya you would be looking at £20-£30 for overnights.

Check out YouTube and see if you find the girls attractive ---- we all have different tastes. -----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHkg5LkblA4

jimmy get back to thailand, you know you love it there;)

Yes, not sure how long but no rush, over an hour anyway. I have always hated the expression "short time" because it can mean whatever the girl wants it to mean.

From what I hear Bangkok is dead at the moment but the Go-Go girls have not reduced their prices, you know about Thai mentality. :confused:

I was in both Bangkok and Pattaya for two weeks very recently and what you say is true - the Go-Go girls basically charge the going rate for their bar, including bar-fine, but once you've established initial contact, a renegotiation can take place for further companionship later. A B600 bar-fine and a B1,500 ST can turn into very good investment if you and the girl really hit it off. Bangkok tends to be more expensive than Pattaya and the profusion of open-air bars there has made a financial accommodation with their BGs much easier than in the past.:D

jimmy get back to thailand, you know you love it there;)

I certainly used to love Thailand but the last couple of trips I have struggled to find girls that are even remotely attractive ------ and when I do spot one she speaks six words of English. :cool:

I visited The Philippines last year and found the girls more friendly with the bonus that most can speak very good English, prices are also more sensible.

To take a girl from a Bangkok Go-Go bar you are looking at £100 for an overnight stay, that is ridiculous for a third world country. :P

JRC ,did you try the site for hong kong www,sex141.com ???

There were some fantastic girls on it last time i checked it ,but unfortunately ,when i went to hong kong in 2007 ,i didn;t know about it .

Some very nice girls and good rates .

I had a good time at neptune ,with 2 filippina girls ,who wanted 750 hk each short time for a couple of hours ,and they were worth it .

£ at the time was 15.50hk ,so it was ok ,and i was accompanied by family members as usual ,so i didn't mind a quickie , in the short time hotel nearby .

i also tried the (walk ups ) .. on the other side. KOWLOON ,not bad but i ended up with a thai girl . 350 hk for half hour . I seem to be attracted to WALK UPS ....for some reason ..Hope ?????

The wharney hotel is a good option ,very central ,for wanchai ,and near all the clubs .

JRC ,did you try the site for hong kong www,sex141.com ???

I was aware of that site but I prefer to meet and chat with the girls first, Neptune club was ideal for that.

The wharney hotel is a good option ,very central ,for wanchai ,and near all the clubs .

Wharney Hotel is in a good location, on Lockhart Road short walk to Neptune.

To take a girl from a Bangkok Go-Go bar you are looking at £100 for an overnight stay, that is ridiculous for a third world country. ;)

Yep they are.

And people like you are responsible for that. :rolleyes:

What surprised me slightly was the vast range of nationalities in attendance, I spoke to girls from Thailand, Philippines, Kenya, Viet Nam and even Venezuela ------ not sure how long they can stay in HK but Brits are allowed 6 months without a visa. There is a live band playing in the club but if you wish to discuss "business" there is a quiet area at the back of the bar

I agree with most of what you say here man :rolleyes:

The visa situation in HK is one month for Thais, 2 weeks for most other Asians and Africans, but only 7 days for Vietnams. This means they are the pushiest and most anxious to pull customers to recupe the cost of their plane ticket. They often lie about their nationality and say they are from Cambodia to sound more exotic. I have caught out a few that way with the few words of Khmer that I remember.

Neptune is a fun place to hang at but too expensive for a cheep charlie like myself. I once got a pinay there LT for 500 HKD very late at nite after about 10 beers and missed my plane home the following morning ;)

Hong Kong is not a place I would recommend for the sole purpose of punting but if you happen to be there for any reason there are tons of possibilities away from the expensive Wanchai area.

Anyone in the HK area should contempl8 a run over the border into Shenzhen (visa needed un42n8ly).

Regarding the comment regarding Cambodia as a good place to find Vietnam poon, this was true a few years ago but that destination has been decim8d recently thanx to efforts by the USA immigration and anti-sex NGOs to thwart trafficking of Vietnam girls into Cambodia. The few Vietnams still around have been there since K11 times. The younger ones tend to be Vietnams who were born in PP and more like Khmers in personality.

The Viet girl sounds like a lucky find, in what otherwise sounds like an expensive place to punt 9For that part of the world)

The Viet girl sounds like a lucky find, in what otherwise sounds like an expensive place to punt 9For that part of the world)

Yes HK Is no Thailand, It's a first world territory.

I went in Feb when the £ was worth 12 HK dollars. Today it is worth 10.3 - about 14% devaluation in 4 months. It's a great place, but you will have to barter hard to get good value. I did have a 2some all night for 2500 HK which wan then just over the £200. Now it would be nearer £240, but still great value IMHO.

Even Thailand is getting expensive with 44 baht to the £, compared with 60 in Oct 08. When you add the airfare and hotels, it is getting expensive.

Oh well, more work for those here and in Germany.

Peter