Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xenia

Might Be Useful For Some. Cheapest Sim Card Ever..

12 posts in this topic

I know many guys have "punting phone", or "punting Sim". However you always need to remember to top it up, and most of them does not include data for browsing. I do understand many no need to, but even occasional use to browse "other site" as well as general browsing might come handy, when you are out of WIFI area.

Anyway this joint Ovivo (please put it in the Google, as I don't want to provide direct link, so they cant see that hits coming from this site) offering 200 xnetwork min, 200 texts and 500mb of data every month for eternity, for one off payment of £5. And thats it! No further top ups, as long as you stay in the allowed limit. If you are not, then check prices on the website. I think every other call cost 6 pence per min. Doubt tht anybody would go over though, if its only for a very occasional use. They piggy backing on Vodafone nwtwork, BTW. Once you register Sim, you will get £5 credit also.

Yes, I know it sounds "to good to be true". If you read theirs TOC, when you sign up you agree that your info shared with other companies. So use email address which is dedicated to be spammed. Also while browsing you will see adverts in your browser, but they unobtrusive and come out every 15-20 min or so. (or after every 2mb) No ads when you checking your email or using apps.

Its only can be used in Androd smartphones, or Iphones. Can be used in tablets also, but then you will get 1GB per month for browsing, which might be useful for girls who are touring. Can be used in Ipad also with 3G, but you need to cut the card, as they does not supply micro Sims. Teethering is also possible, but read about it on theirs website.

Well: personally i can't think this company going to survive for long, as theirs TGTBT generous offer defies belief. I personally using it for a last 2 month, without any probs. Even if this company going to disappear, the most you lost is a fiver, plus some spam on your email address.

Hopefully somebody will benefit from it.

Edited by Rada Ishes

Sorry, forgot to mention that phones which run Win7 also supported.

Unfortuntely you can ot use it in your bog standard phones which you bought for a tenner.

look at giff gaff too. Their goodybags are good value too. I use the £10 one cos it gives me unlimited internet. But whether Radas suggestion is better for you you will have to decide.

check out the call costs too.

giff gaff run on the o2 network in caser that is a problem for you.

Giff gaff dont sell phones - they are sim only.

look at giff gaff too. Their goodybags are good value too. I use the £10 one cos it gives me unlimited internet. But whether Radas suggestion is better for you you will have to decide.

check out the call costs too.

giff gaff run on the o2 network in caser that is a problem for you.

Giff gaff dont sell phones - they are sim only.

Giff Giff looks like a rip off, in comparacion with this deal. With Giff Gaff goody bag cost at least £10 a month, and you need to top it up, another £10 next month even if you have not used your all inclusive allowance, and want to make a call which only might last a minute.

With Ovivo you only need to pay £5 once. Not even fiver per year. The only adavantage of Giff Gaff is unlimited mobile internet, albeit does not come up cheap, if you need to pay £120 per year for it.

Edited by Rada Ishes

Thank you for this information. I have just signed up this afternoon, only just seen your helpful post. :D

another cheap PAYG sim is talkmobile 8p calls 4p texts 25p per day for 25MB data as and when you use it. Runs on the vodafone network so pretty reliable and no expiry on credit providing you make a chargeable call every 6 months.

Thay also do a £2.50 a month deal with 50min / 25 texts

Thank you for this information. I have just signed up this afternoon, only just seen your helpful post. :D

Thank you. At least somebody made a use of it. :-)

I do think its the best deal going, and the the rest its just fail in comparison. I could be proved wrong, if somebody will find something similar: ie £5 one off fee for lifetime of 200 calls, 200 texts and 0.5Gb of data per month. (or 1Gb of data if you using SIM on the tablet or in the dongle and teethering also).

BTW: after 3 months of using it, I have not had a single spam email on the address I gave to the Ovivo. I did not had any unsolicited texts either. It might come later, but it did not so far. Adverts no bother also. When they come (every 15-20 min or so) you just click "Skip" and continue to browse. They don't have an adult websites block either, so no need to submit CC to access them.

Thay also do a £2.50 a month deal with 50min / 25 texts

They raised it now! About 7-8 months ago, it was £1 per month, one month rolling contract for the same allowance. (but no any data included). Plus Quidco was paying £10 cashback also if you signed. Effectively you could make a £9 profit, if you cancel after a month. They still though put a record on your credit file, even if it its a quid per month rolling contract.

Thanks "Rada" Just got one and it works fine

Just looked on the Ovivo site and a number of changes came in on 31st of August. Now advertising additional phone packages and Mobile Broadband packages, the £10 a month for 3GB is the best i have heard of. Got to get the adult content block lifted though but been told that just means filling a form out online, and they take your word your over 18. With Giff Gaff you have to give them your passport or driving licence number and with o2 either pay a small amount on a credit card which they refunded or go to an o2 shop although i hear the latter option has been stopped.

Those on the £5 forever deal will not get the same 200mins and 200 texts from 14/9, becoming effective on the anniversary of your Sim activation, it will change to their new forever deal of 50 mins and 50 texts so their Customer Services dept told me. New customers can also get onto that deal for £10 which can then be used as credit so i was told, so in effect free. They now offer various minutes and texts packages priced very similar to Giff Gaffs.

They no longer insist on the customer having a Smartphone, you can use any phone and the ads they were running on their phones have stopped, its no longer ad based for the moment.

Edited by smiths

Just looked on the Ovivo site and a number of changes came in on 31st of August. Now advertising additional phone packages and Mobile Broadband packages, the £10 a month for 3GB is the best i have heard of. Got to get the adult content block lifted though but been told that just means filling a form out online, and they take your word your over 18. With Giff Gaff you have to give them your passport or driving licence number and with o2 either pay a small amount on a credit card which they refunded or go to an o2 shop although i hear the latter option has been stopped.

Those on the £5 forever deal will not get the same 200mins and 200 texts from 14/9, becoming effective on the anniversary of your Sim activation, it will change to their new forever deal of 50 mins and 50 texts so their Customer Services dept told me. New customers can also get onto that deal for £10 which can then be used as credit so i was told, so in effect free. They now offer various minutes and texts packages priced very similar to Giff Gaffs.

They no longer insist on the customer having a Smartphone, you can use any phone and the ads they were running on their phones have stopped, its no longer ad based for the moment.

Thanks for update, Smiths. I only found out about it, after I comeback from Ukraine.

Well, it was expected. Those "to good to be true" offers are never last. Bloody sneaky though, to build a database of the clients, then completely change it. They are not even competive now with GifGaf. Such an awful business practice, but there is no any clause in the law, so they can get away with it.

I suppose theirs one off £5 offer (£10 now) for 50 min calls 50 texts and 100 mb of data per month still quite competitive, as nobody else providing even that. They just reduced 85%-90% in comparison to theirs original offer. Still: might suited to some grannies, and even then I don't think it its going to last.

Here is theirs very predictable emai!

Message to Our Customers from the CEO

Dear All,

As a loyal customer of Ovivo Mobile, I wanted to take the time to personally comment on the changes to our service over the past two weeks and explain to you the reason why we have had to make the changes we have.

Ovivo Mobile was created, to drive about a necessary change in the industry and move away from the traditional method of providing phone service. By giving away the free usage we have each month, we sought to use Advertising to drive revenues and subsidise that which we provided for free, all the while, aiming to provide the best customer service possible.

After three months of operating the business, we have been the target of fraudulent use of our service. Whilst the number of these fraudsters is small, they have sought to attack the core business model that Ovivo practices and undermine our business. Some of these people have used the service excessively, purchased multiple SIM cards, in some cases in different names (swapping these SIM cards between their phones in order to just use the free voice, text and data we offer) and in some cases actively promoting ways in which our advertising systems could be bypassed.

It is personally a huge shame that the greed of a few has undermined a service that so many enjoy fairly. Customers that fraudulently use our service, breaching our terms and conditions and undermining our company’s stability, will not be tolerated and will actively have their service revoked.

We aim to keep providing the service we have to date to the best of our abilities. Our intention is to reintroduce our advertising components over the coming months, so that we can return to the previous model we enjoyed offering, when possible.

It was personally for me a great pleasure to see so many people enjoying the service we offered, however in contrast a huge disappointment to see some actively seeking to take advantage of us. Hence when the action was taken at the end of August I had mixed emotions of regret, but determination to prevent this company from being jeopardised by a small group of fraudulent users.

Going forward, we will continue to identify these users and take action accordingly, whilst still aiming to offer great value and service to our loyal customers.

Many thanks,

Dariush Zand

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am very sorry if anybody ordered Ovivo sim recently and did not benifited from it fully. I understand its only £5, but if anybody want to get it back (even if its a matter of principle), email them on support@ovivomobile.com, put refund reference REFovivomobilecom and your order number.

They would refund it in the matter of 72 hours, even if you used calls, texts and data.

Edited by Rada Ishes

Thanks for update, Smiths. I only found out about it, after I comeback from Ukraine.

Well, it was expected. Those "to good to be true" offers are never last. Bloody sneaky though, to build a database of the clients, then completely change it. They are not even competive now with GifGaf. Such an awful business practice, but there is no any clause in the law, so they can get away with it.

I suppose theirs one off £5 offer (£10 now) for 50 min calls 50 texts and 100 mb of data per month still quite competitive, as nobody else providing even that. They just reduced 85%-90% in comparison to theirs original offer. Still: might suited to some grannies, and even then I don't think it its going to last.

Here is theirs very predictable emai!

Message to Our Customers from the CEO

Dear All,

As a loyal customer of Ovivo Mobile, I wanted to take the time to personally comment on the changes to our service over the past two weeks and explain to you the reason why we have had to make the changes we have.

Ovivo Mobile was created, to drive about a necessary change in the industry and move away from the traditional method of providing phone service. By giving away the free usage we have each month, we sought to use Advertising to drive revenues and subsidise that which we provided for free, all the while, aiming to provide the best customer service possible.

After three months of operating the business, we have been the target of fraudulent use of our service. Whilst the number of these fraudsters is small, they have sought to attack the core business model that Ovivo practices and undermine our business. Some of these people have used the service excessively, purchased multiple SIM cards, in some cases in different names (swapping these SIM cards between their phones in order to just use the free voice, text and data we offer) and in some cases actively promoting ways in which our advertising systems could be bypassed.

It is personally a huge shame that the greed of a few has undermined a service that so many enjoy fairly. Customers that fraudulently use our service, breaching our terms and conditions and undermining our company’s stability, will not be tolerated and will actively have their service revoked.

We aim to keep providing the service we have to date to the best of our abilities. Our intention is to reintroduce our advertising components over the coming months, so that we can return to the previous model we enjoyed offering, when possible.

It was personally for me a great pleasure to see so many people enjoying the service we offered, however in contrast a huge disappointment to see some actively seeking to take advantage of us. Hence when the action was taken at the end of August I had mixed emotions of regret, but determination to prevent this company from being jeopardised by a small group of fraudulent users.

Going forward, we will continue to identify these users and take action accordingly, whilst still aiming to offer great value and service to our loyal customers.

Many thanks,

Dariush Zand

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am very sorry if anybody ordered Ovivo sim recently and did not benifited from it fully. I understand its only £5, but if anybody want to get it back (even if its a matter of principle), email them on support@ovivomobile.com, put refund reference REFovivomobilecom and your order number.

They would refund it in the matter of 72 hours, even if you used calls, texts and data.

To me if the punter already has the Sim he has been getting the deal for however long, it is bad practice to do this i agree but at least they still get some free calls and texts, a decent back-up.

On their mobile packages if you require net access as well Giff Gaff are now better as they offer more, apart from that difference Ovivos packages really are remarkably similar. Mine now on my PAYG is 800 mins and unltd texts with no internet which i havent got on my phone anyway for £15.32p a month. As soon as i mentioned Giff Gaff he offered me 300 minutes than i had before that his colleages said they couldnt offer me as i was already getting their best deal.

Ovivo are as i said very good price wise for mobile broadband on PAYG, £10 a month for 3GB is excellent. The problem with MB for me is the data packages are rarely more than 3 GB, Three and T-Mobile do more but it doesnt work out cheaper than what i pay now. So i might give them a go on the £10 one.