Beaufort7245

Quiet Over The Summer

18 posts in this topic

I was with a lady yesterday who said bookings were slowing down. I've also noticed one or two "offers" on. Is it quiet over the Summer for you ladies, or is the recession effecting business? Just curious.

We're all watching the Olympics on about 10 channels waiting for our first Gold Medal.

We're all watching the Olympics on about 10 channels waiting for our first Gold Medal.

Sounds like we have a patriotic duty to go for an olympic punt!

The summer holidays aren't the busiest time, no.

More people than usual go away for holidays, the kids are off so they're spending time with them, increased childcare costs in the holidays etc.

Hi there,

Everybody said its going to be busy but in reality its quiet. :(

Stuck here daydreaming and saving up my pennies. Any wg prepared to take an IOU? Anyone? You at the back there?

(sigh)

Last week was crap but this week is looking steady so far, I think in this world there are always ups and downs (pun intended!) and when some are quiet others are busy...

if its less quiet this week does that mean you have fixed the squeak on your bed?

Don't be silly, beds are for squeaking!

Should muff diving be an olympic sport? :D

I was with a lady yesterday who said bookings were slowing down. I've also noticed one or two "offers" on. Is it quiet over the Summer for you ladies, or is the recession effecting business? Just curious.

Personally, ive not had a tightening of the money belt. In fact Ive got a lot more money now than I did this time last year. (and Ive done up the kitchen and bathroom this year too)

So Ive got tons more money than last year.

Mind you, looking at my "punting diary" from Jan 2011 till July 2011 Id had over 36 separate punts, since july 2011 it shot down to 15.

This year so far its been 12....

Maybe the womens beachvolley ball and gymnastics on the telly is a replaced for a real woman in my arms? Naah...

Edited by Overworked

Chatroom's gone quiet as well. Quiet as a monastery. Dormez-vous?

Everything seems quiet, I went to see my regular in London yesterday, the train and tube not as busy for this time of year all though Waterloo was heaving. A nice touch from the rail company, free ice lollies were being handed out, lots of smiling faces, that makes a change.

My girl lives near Marble Arch, I couldn't use that station because of a fire on the Central line so got the tube to Bond Street and walked down Oxford St. I have never seen the place so empty, even the traffic seemed lighter.

Personally, ive not had a tightening of the money belt. In fact Ive got a lot more money now than I did this time last year. (and Ive done up the kitchen and bathroom this year too)

So Ive got tons more money than last year.

I hope you'll be really happy together.

The reverse booking I put up was absolutely inundated with bids this week. I got over 40 bids when my usual number is around 10, so I guess some are really feeling the squeeze.

Edited by Tibbs

School holidays I always believe have a lot to answer for, but yet Christmas always seems to be a really busy time?! ( In my experience) :confused: xx

School holidays I always believe have a lot to answer for, but yet Christmas always seems to be a really busy time?! ( In my experience) :confused: xx

Christmas I think is about opportunity - reasons to be away from home (surprise gift shopping) and resource - Christmas bonus

i am over 100 miles from London but the local shops here report trade down the last few weeks.

Have people fled the country to escape the olympics? or is it just school holidays and that kills stuff?

or is it the weather keeping people indoors?