Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
down

Area Of Skin That Condom Doesn't Cover?!

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys I just get a bit paraniod about the area of skin on that the condom doesn't cover is this area likely to get your skin infected as its not covered by the condom?

I mean the area of the penis shaft nearest to you that is some times exposed is this any thing to worry about?

Hey guys I just get a bit paraniod about the area of skin on that the condom dont cover is this area likely to get your skin infected as its not covered by the condom?

I mean the area of the penis shaft nearest to you that is some times exposed is this any thing to worry about?

It can be, particularly if you shave your shaft with an old razor.

You're generally still at risk for HPV and Herpes Simplex, even when using condoms, as these are passed by skin-to-skin contact. Condoms obviously reduce the amount of skin which is vulnerable to infection, and you can often see HPV or HSV when a person is having an outbreak and therefore at their most contagious, but most people with either virus will also be contagious outside this time.

Are they anything to worry about? Well, most sexually active people carry several strains of HPV and suffer no problems, the body often clears the virus within a few years. A small percentage of people will get warts from two specific strains, and certain strains are associated with a higher risk of cancer, especially for women. HSV is also very common (cold-sores) with a worldwide infection rate of somewhere between 60 and 90%. Again, most people have no symptoms and carry the virus around all their life, but it sounds like it's unpleasant if you do suffer symptoms. A female condom offers a bit more protection than a male condom, as it covers a bit more surface area around the outside.

Edited by Curious Rose

at some points it seems like the vagina is going onto some of my skin on of my penis so i was abit wary about that

at some points it seems like the vagina is going onto some of my skin on of my penis so i was abit wary about that

down, have you considered trainspotting as a safer alternative to punting?

Edited by Reverend Dick

i dont want to get run over

i dont want to get run over

There is always planespotting, but I suppose they fall out of the sky now and again! :)

The glans of the penis is considered to be a mucous membrane, similar to that in the vagina or mouth, and is therefore the most likely area to be receptive to infection. Apart from the HPV/genital warts possibility mentioned above, infection through any undamaged area of the penis apart from the glans is very unlikely. That's why condoms are effective in preventing disease.