raylondoner

Bad Marketing

39 posts in this topic

Do girls on the other site not realise how important good marketing is?

If you have something negative to say, then say it in a positive way, it's not difficult!

I just saw a profile that included comments such as

''if you do this I will block you''

''No and no means no, don't push your luck''

''If I say I can't see you........... that is what I mean!''

Attitude I don't need, so thanks for the warning!

I state quite clearly that for anyone who attempts unprotected SI, "I hope you enjoy your future as a eunuch".

If there is a prospective client dense enough to perceive that as a real threat then I'd rather not meet him anyway. ;):D

I know what you're saying, but to be fair there are SOME guys on that site who just read what they want to read,

ie : F.A. and then complain loudly because funnily enough, no she doesn't list satanic rituals involving goats on her likes list.

It can get very frustrating when the same questions are posed over and over.

At least they are frank! Some girls may offer a service and then you may go there and they have bluffed their site.

At least this way it is clear...but I agree there is a way to pen things to make them more palatable!

I have written that there is no way for A stuff or period play...but I hope I have written it in such a way to be humouress....

If you have something negative to say, then say it in a positive way, it's not difficult!

Unfortunately girls do often get badgered and I would guess the 'attitude' is a response to this.

Some havent the slightest idea how to market themselves. I prefer to read such things on sites/profiles so i can avoid such people myself though rather than have to meet them in person and waste my time.

Some havent the slightest idea how to market themselves. I prefer to read such things on sites/profiles so i can avoid such people myself though rather than have to meet them in person and waste my time.

I think we agree then - if i see a profile like this I will avoid

i'm sure the girl has weighed up her options between not having these statements written, and dealing with tossers, but getting more interest, as opposed to having these statements written, and getting less interest, but also less dickheads. she is clearly happy with less business if it means the business she gets is better filtered. her choice. i wouldn't say it is bad marketing if it works for her.

Personally it does not bother me, or more accurately I do not take it seriously. At times it can be quite funny - well at least to read.

My mind springs to one provider in particular from the 'A Double ork', who commented that some had been offended by her remarks. To which, more or less told potential punters to get stuffed if they did not like it :D .

Perhaps if I had to call and/or visit such a providerthen there may then be some trepidation on my part :huh::P

Edited by Superego

To be honest i often felt like putting these on my website

If you want to haggle go to the market

If you want BB just go and dip your cock into a public toilet, its a cheaper way to get cock rot

Tomorrow I am removing ALL written word from my website as it seems a pointless waste of space as no one actually reads it!!

I didnt, but i felt like it

Chloe. there is a difference between an informative website witht he information a customer may need, and some of the rants one sees on the mauve site.

and WG's seem to think its only punters who dont read stuff on websites. But I know from experience people dont read stuff on 'civilian' sites too'

To be honest i often felt like putting these on my website

If you want to haggle go to the market

If you want BB just go and dip your cock into a public toilet, its a cheaper way to get cock rot

yes i agree chloe.

a lot of punters here seem to think that the majority of punters are polite and respectful of boundaries. HA....that makes me laugh. they seriously have no idea what us WG's have to deal with.

To be honest I try not to take it to heart. Although if a profile is written in a rather sharp manner then I simply choose another SP.

We have to accept that not all girls are necessarily good at marketing or even basic content management. Some profiles are well written and nicely presented with a consistent collection of pics. Others have an odd assortment of unsuitable snaps cobbled together with an editorial content that sounds like it was written while on a crack comedown.

Two years into retirement I'm now consulting once again, producing website content and refining profiles for that site. It's a lot more interesting, especially as I take payment in kind. I wish I'd thought of this years ago.

I'm unfamiliar with the term 'cock rot'...but I have unfortunately in the past encountered ladies with truly awful personas, despite my manners, courtesy and consideration.

I don't need to be threatened with violence if the lady doesn't do kissing or owo (even if her profile and/or the receptionist said they were available)...

Chloe. there is a difference between an informative website witht he information a customer may need, and some of the rants one sees on the mauve site.

and WG's seem to think its only punters who dont read stuff on websites. But I know from experience people dont read stuff on 'civilian' sites too'

But the mauve site and a website are quite different (in my experience), as the former attracts a higher number of time wasters and boundary pushers. I've found it necessary to include certain 'don'ts' there that you wouldn't find on my website. No, there's no need to rant but there is definitely an increased need to be rather firm. And I think such a profile can be effective marketing...we won't turn genuine clients away for TWs that will never show to their booking, and we won't be missing your calls as we waste our time on the phone/emailing them.

Couldn't agree more. It's not what you say, it's the way that you say it!

I think a lot of SP's are averse to spending money on something intangible, such as marketing consultancy which they see as a cost rather than an investment.

The number of small businesses I have seen grow because they have devised a focussed marketing strategy, and in some cases reduced the cost of marketing and advertising but increased its effectiveness and ultimately its profits.

I think a lot of SP's are averse to spending money on something intangible, such as marketing consultancy which they see as a cost rather than an investment.

The number of small businesses I have seen grow because they have devised a focussed marketing strategy, and in some cases reduced the cost of marketing and advertising but increased its effectiveness and ultimately its profits.

Part of this could be because there are so many 'helpful' men out there who offer to 'give you guidance and build a business plan, let's discuss it over dinner..............'. all sorts of promises are made and what can happen is the girl hands over her username and password and loses control of her profile. I'm sure WNP is more than honorable, but it can be a minefield out there.

Absolutely, until they see the returns on their investment with an increase in bookings. And, as you say, consultancies identifying and focusing on these additional revenue streams are now reaping the financial rewards. Thanks girls.

Edited by WhilstNeroplays

I really can not understand any woman would want a bloke/stranger to set up her profile/web site.

It surely is not rocket science to string a few choice words together and display some photos.

Lucy :)

I really can not understand any woman would want a bloke/stranger to set up her profile/web site.

It surely is not rocket science to string a few choice words together and display some photos.

No disrespect to anybody, but sum of us is more literate than what others am, and then there's HTML!

Yes well if they marketed themselves as best they could it would reap the rewards, a profile on that site is free to set-up so its hardly expensive to get going which can be done virtually immediately. Just do your research first carefully and use your brains and work out that some punters would be put off by negative comments written on a profile/site. Why risk reducing your potential number of punters by using unfriendly writing on your profile, its not good business or common sense in my book. There are smarter and politer ways to write things to get your message across in my view.

No disrespect to anybody, but sum of us is more literate than what others am, and then there's HTML!

I was chuffed recently when I discovered how to use codes to set up the tabs facility. The information and instructions were there I'd just never really read it properly.

It is for some Lucy, some can hardly string a coherent sentence together in person either in my experiences. Some are foreign of course and cant write English so ask someone who can to do the profile for them, i can understand that. :)

It is for some Lucy, some can hardly string a coherent sentence together in person either in my experiences. Some are foreign of course and cant write English so ask someone who can to do the profile for them, i can understand that. :)

And just to add...

There are some ladies who for the sake of an easy life - and can speak the Queen's English better than I - do allow others to create their profile.

Edited by Superego