Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toomuch

Open Air Punting: Would You Do It?

18 posts in this topic

Pattaya, Thailand, has been described more than once as an "open air brothel". It is a large town with a large nightlife area that's frequented by both sex tourists and a "regular crowd" who are there for the sun and sea without the paid sex. When you've found your girl you typically walk back to your hotel with her, and of course everybody knows exactly what is going on - as if it wasn't obvious enough what a single guy was doing there in the first place. There are plenty of British tourists around. Though a very big area has a high concentration of girlie bars, the sexual epicentre, which is jam-packed with gogo bars, is really not much more than one street - it's quite concentrated. These days there more and more cameras taking video and stills, which get posted on youtube all the time, and face recognition is the coming thing.

Would you punt in those conditions?

I speak as one who has been many times, but each time I go I think this could easily be the time I'm "outed".

By that logic you may as well avoid some streets in Soho, Sukhumvit, Patpong and Soi cowboy in Bangkok, Amsterdam red light district, Reeperbahn etc. etc.

As you say, even in Pattaya there is a "regular crowd" - I'm not quite sure how cameras are going to make the distinction unless you deliberately film the whole process and post it yourself, or unless you are already under surveillance for some reason...!

As the Thai ladies would say - "you think too much!" - see what I did there?

By that logic you may as well avoid some streets in Soho, Sukhumvit, Patpong and Soi cowboy in Bangkok, Amsterdam red light district, Reeperbahn etc. etc.

Soho? Hardly! The grubbiest Soho street is heaving with single blokes who have nothing to do with the sex business - punters are going to be a very small minority, in fact. Not so Walking Street at night. Sukhumvit and Soi Cowboy are similar, yes - though in both cases there's less chance of being spotted by a civilian, as it were. Amsterdam and the other place, I don't know about.

Other than that: yes, by the logic that says "you might well avoid those places", you might as well avoid those places. How can I possibly argue with that? Now that you have supplied your opinion on this question, it's self-evident that every other person on this board agrees with you. Everybody else: pack up and go home, achacunsongout has spoken.

As you say, even in Pattaya there is a "regular crowd" - I'm not quite sure how cameras are going to make the distinction unless you deliberately film the whole process and post it yourself, or unless you are already under surveillance for some reason...!

Are you genuinely unable to answer this question for yourself? I don't want to accuse you of trolling, but...

As the Thai ladies would say - "you think too much!" - see what I did there?

No. Sorry, probably too subtle for me.

Edited by toomuch

i think if you have to ask us if we would do it then maybe you already know your answer and you are just looking for reasons from others to back up your decisions :)

Panda -x-

An Outddor Punt , out in the countrdide..

Could be fun, the more I think about it the more I would do it.

A WG did offer me this option in the spring for a significant reduction as it was on her list too do, but she never got back to me before the window of oppurtunity passed She had family issues at the time

But I would consider an outdoor punt

Bootlover

A WG did offer me this option in the spring for a significant reduction as it was on her list too do, but she never got back to me before the window of oppurtunity passed She had family issues at the time

But I would consider an outdoor punt

Bootlover

Thailand is of zero interest to me for sex tourism and/or a holiday. I have had open-air punts which is the thread title though in the UK so have done it on ocassion.

Edited by smiths

I don't think the thread is about actually doing the dirty deed out in public. I could be wrong? Unless this place in Thailand literally has punters having sex out in the open?

If we ignore the exotic location and consider the principle of using a brothel, where other punters can observe one another engaging in their activity; then i think the majority of us will agree we would; because that's how it works by default.

If we ignore the exotic location and consider the principle of using a brothel, where other punters can observe one another engaging in their activity; then i think the majority of us will agree we would; because that's how it works by default.

I have no problem seeing other punters in brothels and obviously punt alongside some at parties.

Oh, somebody in their wisdom has moved this to some outpost that nobody reads, thanks. The point of this post had nothing much to do with any specific place - it was just chit-chat about what we're prepared or not prepared to do. Sorry, nothing against the specific mods here, but I think these well-meaning moves are almost always a silly idea. Go do something useful and file your toenail clippings instead.

i think if you have to ask us if we would do it then maybe you already know your answer and you are just looking for reasons from others to back up your decisions :)

Well, I'll cheerfully agree my actions are not justified by logic from a consistent set of priorities. But, uh, on the evidence of god-knows-how-many trips I've already made there, I'm pretty sure I don't need reasons to back me up :lol: In fact, I expect to attack any argument that my actions are rational as unjustified.

I don't think the thread is about actually doing the dirty deed out in public. I could be wrong? Unless this place in Thailand literally has punters having sex out in the open?

Right. Poorly chosen title, sorry!

I feel there's some sort of significant distinction to be drawn between 5 guys with a solid motive to keep shtum, and 10,000 random tourists on the gawp.

Ha, not what I had in mind but a tempting idea. I don't think I'd have the balls in this country though, no matter where you go you can't spit without hitting somebody's picket fence in England.

I feel there's some sort of significant distinction to be drawn between 5 guys with a solid motive to keep shtum, and 10,000 random tourists on the gawp.

possibly. But we see documentaries and reports on tv about sex tourism. If you were on there I wouldn't know you. Can you remember anyone on them? Chances of meeting them or seeing them again? Would you bother to out them? So the worry outweighs the odds.

You are more likely to show up on a statistical analysis of your travelling and cash withdrawals in sex tourist hotspots. That's a footprint you won't have any control over.

For that matter we would all as users of sites and such like be subject to a statistical analysis. But does anyone really care? I don't think so.

possibly. But we see documentaries and reports on tv about sex tourism. If you were on there I wouldn't know you. Can you remember anyone on them? Chances of meeting them or seeing them again? Would you bother to out them? So the worry outweighs the odds.

1. It's not unlikely that I'd bump into a work colleague in person there.
  2. Face recognition is on the rise, and there's no reason why it can't be applied retroactively, on old photos and videos.

You are more likely to show up on a statistical analysis of your travelling and cash withdrawals in sex tourist hotspots. That's a footprint you won't have any control over.

The people who are looking at that don't know me and have motives not to spread it around.

For that matter we would all as users of sites and such like be subject to a statistical analysis. But does anyone really care? I don't think so.

Your friends, relatives and colleagues do.

1. It's not unlikely that I'd bump into a work colleague in person there.
  2. Face recognition is on the rise, and there's no reason why it can't be applied retroactively, on old photos and videos.

The people who are looking at that don't know me and have motives not to spread it around.

Your friends, relatives and colleagues do.

Righty ho feller. the same thoughts cross all our minds, but its par for the course etc......

Righty ho feller. the same thoughts cross all our minds, but its par for the course etc......

There are plenty of places to punt without those risks.