Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobThatcher

Ambassador Sauna, Edinburgh

13 posts in this topic

Has anyone got any recommendations for this place? I've never been (about the only one in Edinburgh that I haven't been to). It has a very prominent position, so I presume it's pretty good, otherwise it would just shut down, surely?

I'm going to be nearby tomorrow with plenty of time to kill.

Never heard a good work about the place. Let us know how you get on.

last time I was in there was 1997, when I used the old McCoys Guides, It was okay then but that was 15 years ago!

I went a couple of years ago as it was one of the few parlours I hadnt been to, and I have to say it was quite an odd experience. The premises are really quite large, and pretty nice, but the service was very poor. The selection of girls wasn't great (the one I'd hoped to see was too busy talking to the receptionist) and the girl I went with was one of the poorer punts of 200+ I've had. I was suspicious as soon as she asked for the money up front and almost everything was extra.

If the attitude of the staff has improved I'd go back for another look, but otherwise I wouldnt bother

Have a friend called Solomon ( the wise man? ) who's been and rates it the worst of the 6 or so he's been to in the capital.

Best guess is that with it being so close to the titty bars, they have a different kind of customer who doesn't need so much pleasing.

Sorry I can't give you a more personal analysis Bob as haven't been.

For what its worth, as the information is completely out of date, I had a heads-up from a girl in Carol's about all the Edinburgh saunas, during a long punt with her a few years back. She slated two, one was Paradise and the other Ambassador, but it was funny as I had had good experiences in Paradise over the years, although it was extremely tatty. Make of that what you will. The girl knew what she was on about as she had worked in Scorps, LSS and Dundas St as well as Carols. If I was going to Edinburgh for a punt today I would go to Blair St.

Weird, just noted this thread was started in August. You notice how rarely the op reports back?

Allegedly it's owned by a member of Paul Di Resta's family.

Weird, just noted this thread was started in August. You notice how rarely the op reports back?

Not been on here much, since August. Nothing to report, though. I chose not to go to Ambassador.

Ambassador in Edinburgh was where I had my best punt ever and that was in 1997. The lady was Scottish but in those days they virtually all were and the only MILF - she was in her mid 30s.

The other 3 ladies to choose were in their early 20s and imho not particularly attractive. I remember thinking at the time that all 3 must have been from local sink estates with unhealthy diets making them a dress size or two larger than their natural build.

But the MILF was several classes apart as she sat sllightly detached from the others. Not only did I find her extremely attractive but she and I connected really well - the GFE was as real as it gets.

This was the only time I visited there. Never went back in case of disappointment - the establishment didn't have a great reputation even then. I only went for a change from Carols and Scorpio both of which I used to frequent with excellent results.

Edited by Confuscius

Avoid, well past its sell by date.....

but you just never know? You might get lucky

My advice about all saunas in Edinburgh is ask to have a look around first before handing over any money and if they refuse then you know they have something to hide.

The London Street Sauna and Blair Street Sauna are happy to show people around.

Have been to Ambassador twice. The interior is tired but ok really. Certainly clean enough. Both good punts but I think I was possibly pretty lucky in that respect. On my first visit only one girl was available (Yasmin). Very friendly, though I guess some would complain that she chats too much. Second time round I had the choice between Lucy and a blonde Polish(?) girl who made no attempt to engage while I was in "making my mind up" mode! In fact, she scowled at me and covered her cleavage as soon as I made my choice. Lucy was friendly, enthusiastic and a very good punt.

I'm not very familiar with Edinburgh so basically chose Ambassador because I knew where it was. I obviously can't compare it with other capital city establishments but I wouldn't advise someone to avoid it on the basis of my experiences. That said, I'll certainly be researching other venues before my next Edinburgh visit.