Peterpack

What's the Most DANGEROUS City in the World to Punt in ?

23 posts in this topic

I love East European women but i tell you, some of the smaller cities in Eastern Europe, i'd be afraid of getting 'Hosteled' !

What are some of the most dangerous cities in the world to punt in ?

Danger can be anything (criminal gangs, girls themselves, law enforcement etc etc)

I would imagine any city in Saudi Arabia. You get caught and don't have the connections to escape the charge you'll be in prison and maybe a few lashes for good measure.

Possibly Iran as a second

Afghanistan third.

Bit in places you're likely to visit I imagine some places in Joburg and Cape Town could get hairy.

Bit in places you're likely to visit I imagine some places in Joburg and Cape Town could get hairy.

For sure - Jo'burg will take some beating for danger :cool:

For sure - Jo'burg will take some beating for danger :cool:

It is if your white. If you think having armed guards to use a cashpoint is "normal". Or go to the local newsagent by getting searched and entering a barbed wire fence...

Although been a few times but Ive yet to suffer any ills. I think the paranoia is worse. (although I may just be lucky) Or maybe I just have a nice face.... :P

I would guess Tijuana, Caracas and Medellin could offer plenty of unwanted excitement.

Probally as a kafir, any town In Southern Afghanistan.

Hi,

I hear Mexico City can be very dangerous indeed - even the cops are mainly all criminals! Lots & lots of action there apparently! I off there soon, will let you know how I got along!

Bazzie!

I heard of this bloke who was working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on a twelve months contract, taking his wife and kids with him. One afternoon he unexpectedly found himself with a few of hours free time, and he happened to be in the mood for a bit of fresh meat. There were several single guys in the company who knew how to organize such matters at short notice and they gave him a phone number and told him to get a room at a certain hotel. This he did, and the male Arab voice on the other end of the line asked him what he preferred. He said he would like to have a European girl who spoke good English. Having sorted out the fee and the payment arrangements, he was told that his date would be with him within the hour. Sure enough, about forty minutes later there was a knock on his hotel room door. Full of excited expectations he opened it, coming face-to-face with his pretty blonde wife……:mad:

No, that cant be true? Must be a joke yeah?

No, that cant be true? Must be a joke yeah?

Well, Geng, I wasn't there myself of course, but the fella who told me this tale was not laughing. When you think about it, there can't be an awful lot for a wife to do out there, once the kida are at school. I would also think that the money would be very tempting. Who knows?

I heard of this bloke who was working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on a twelve months contract, taking his wife and kids with him. One afternoon he unexpectedly found himself with a few of hours free time, and he happened to be in the mood for a bit of fresh meat. There were several single guys in the company who knew how to organize such matters at short notice and they gave him a phone number and told him to get a room at a certain hotel. This he did, and the male Arab voice on the other end of the line asked him what he preferred. He said he would like to have a European girl who spoke good English. Having sorted out the fee and the payment arrangements, he was told that his date would be with him within the hour. Sure enough, about forty minutes later there was a knock on his hotel room door. Full of excited expectations he opened it, coming face-to-face with his pretty blonde wife……:mad:

But did he get a discount lol? :mad:;):D

Yo dudes

Just received this message from a buddy. It regards Changping in Dongguan, a city in southern China not far from the Hong Kong border.

This scam must catch at least 3 guys a day. Be ware :D:D

Hello brothers...

This is a quick message to let you know about another kidnapping and beating. I just got a call from my buddy in CP who was taken by 3 guys after following a woman to "look at some girls".

His experience was similar to one reported on the ISG board a number of months ago (maybe one year ago) about an attack on a overseas Chinese guy visiting CP.

My friend is a Caucasian British in his mid 50s who speaks nearly fluent Mandarin and has traveled all over China as a budget traveler (long distance buses, 100 rmb hotels, etc, etc). So he is not a greenhorn, yet he let his guard down and got bitten.

He is somewhat new to CP (been there a few times and knows the regular places) but not new to mongering in China (he's been in some real backwater towns). He's mongered in Vietnam, Burma, Philippines, etc, etc. So he's got some notches in his belt.

He followed a mama-san (so she claimed) to look at some girls in a "new" area (near the pedestrian shopping market street, two streets or so over from the main street that the Lucky is on). He knows the HuiMei, YaLan, and Night Market areas, but thought this might be another area. It wasn't. He went up to the second floor and when he entered the room he was jumped by 3 guys.

They tied him with tape, shoved towels into his mouth, and beat him up. They took his money and ATM cards and threatened him with physical disfigurement (pants down, lighter held to his dick) if he didn't tell the ATM number. They took his hotel key card and went through his room (Hua Yu Hotel) and demanded his safe's code.

He is nearly fluent in Chinese so he was able to talk them down abit (once they took off the gag after a couple of hours) and tried to humanize himself to them. He felt they were not really out to hurt him (like murder or real disfigurement) and so he was able to talk his way out. He gave them money and his nice phone (he called me via Skype) but was able to keep his passport and cards. After 5 - 6 hours they let him go.

All in all, he came out OK, but he said he's never been so scared in all his life. He admits it was dumb to follow this woman (he knows the rule: never follow touts), but this is the normal way in CP so he let his guard down.

I'll share more details when I get them. He is not a member of this (or any) board, but I'll ask him if he can make a write up. He's going over to the Miraton to decompress with some of my other buddies in the KTV so hopefully there will be more info as the adrenaline dies down.

CP can be a dangerous place. Mongering can be a dangerous "hobby".

Never forget it.

I have backed out many a time in the Emirate states, it just does not feel safe enough.

Joburg and Cape Town could get hairy.

I've punted extensively in Jo'burg, (as recently as last summer), and it's not dangerous at all, provided you confine yourself to areas like Randburg, Parkhurst and Sandton, and of course you should exercise a certain amount of sensible caution at all times when in South Africa.

Look in the classified ads of "The Star" newspaper, it's a good source for WG's, but don't go to places like Orange Grove, Bramley, Yeoville, Berea, Hillbrow, and obviously places like Alexandra or Soweto are definitely no go areas.

As for Cape town, the same rules apply. It's not really too bad, and you can do well with the favourable exchange rate, but it's always good to be sensibly cautious. You would do well to have a chat about what to look out for, with someone who lives (or lived) in South Africa, and then you'll do fine. PM me if you're planning a trip there and I'll give you some pointers.

From what I've heard from colleagues, Sao Paulo must be Hell. Apparently just doing business there requires constant security if you're a foreigner, not least punting, which I wouldn't dare do if I ever visited there!

Well I'm off to Rio tomorrow...

That has been on my short list for a couple of years, please give us a report on your return. :D;)

I've punted extensively in Jo'burg, (as recently as last summer), and it's not dangerous at all, provided you confine yourself to areas like Randburg, Parkhurst and Sandton

I think that this is true of most cities and the title of the thread should be about most dangerous parts of cities rather than most dangerous cities. For example both LA and NYC are generally safe, but there are also those parts where I've been advised to wait inside a club until my taxi arrives and then go to the taxi - not to wait for the taxi on the street.

It's about the risk/reward balance really, isn't it? I'm sure nobody would contemplate a stag weekend in Mogadishu, for example. But somewhere which I would have thought too dangerous to visit a couple of years ago, but is actually becoming slightly more tempting to me now is Haiti.

I have backed out many a time in the Emirate states, it just does not feel safe enough.

Prostitution is indeed illegal in United Arab Emirates ------ however it is widespread as this article shows, many venues are frequented by freelancers.

http://www.grapeshisha.com/dubai-prostitutes.html

Jesus h. mohammad here's another one, this time from Sihanoukville in Cambodia :confused::eek:;):

Ola, former owner of Blue Frog in S-ville was lured into a car by a girl he met on the internet, ( Yeah, I know ) early evening Thursday 12th outside Scandinavia hotel were he was staying , the girl had reportedly circled the area together with an African man earlier in the day.

His room was cleaned of all valuables and in room safe was opened by code.

Later in the evening, an African men checked in to the hotel in a nearby room and was seen on cameras entering Olas room and left the place short-after,,, this is scary stuff

Later he was apparently found dead.

Just heard now that they arrested a Nigerian but that won't be of much consolation for the Swedish guy's friends and family:(

Juarez in Mexico is oficially one of the worlds most dangerous cities, so dont try punting there :D