Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CharlotteSometimes

Do You Think You'd Find It Hard To Stop?

33 posts in this topic

I ask this because reading through old posts on Saafe, the common theme that keeps popping up is 'How hard it is to leave the sex industry', and how there is a certain draw or pull back to it once you've quit.

Obviously the threads are from the point of view of the SP, but I was just wondering if the same thing applies to the other side.

It's obvious that selling/ purchasing sex share many of the same attractions. There's the adrenaline high, the risk vs. reward scenario, the excitement, the instant sex - all very addictive.

But punters share a lot of the downsides too. There's still a stigma attached to it, potential risks of catching something, oh and it costs a fair whack.

Hmm, I'm actually not very sure where I'm going with this (it's 3 am, forgive me), but what I think I'm trying to ask is if you'd be able to drop the hobby easily (if for some reason you had to/felt you wanted to), or be drawn back into it and find it as hard to quit as some SPs do?

yeah I think it is hard to stop charlotte. it is addictive for punters.

Edited by down

I can stop any time I want to. I definitely will after this next one..... Or maybe the one after. But if not then, it will most certainly be some time in the future. Probably.

I have cut down very significantly recently, but due to difficult finances. At one stage I was out for about 6 months, but it is something I like doing and will continue to do whilst I can still get it up... :D

If I find something far more entertaining it shouldn't be hard to quit. It's probably not going to happen though, since It's hard for me to even think of something that would make me happier.

Once you open Pandora's box, it's hard to close it. When you find out you can have sex with beautiful women for money it becomes a permanent option of choice when you can't be bothered to go 'on the pull'

I punt when I'm single. When I'm in a relationship I don't think about it at all.

I have cut down a lot recently, but this is down to personal desire rather than financial hardship.

If I punted more frequently, I would find it more addictive, I think. Because I only punt when I travel for work, enforced periods of inactivity lead to more self-discipline (thankfully for my wallet!) but also raise the level of anticipation and excitement when I book the next meeting. I am also more selective and enjoy researching the options during the downtime. But that's just me....

I now only punt 2 or 3 times a year but when I was working I had more cash, and more opportunities, so I punted quite regularly. I don't find that I miss the frequency now.

I find that I have a chat to myself in my quieter moments about stopping. I'm in a relationship - very happy, not sex starved at all, in fact I'm the happiest I've ever been and I love my partner to bits - but, I still do this. I usually only have a massage and HR or oral because in my head I can justify this somehow (I don't know how).

However, I feel like I want to stop doing it. It's not the future I want. But, it's really not that easy. I think to myself that I'll have one more go, then that's it. And it's fantastic and I think "Oh, that was good. How can I give this up?" so I do it again. Then it's rubbish and I think "That's it. But I'm not going out on that rubbish punt. I'll finish on a high". Then it's fantastic and well, you get where this is going.

I ask this because reading through old posts on Saafe, the common theme that keeps popping up is 'How hard it is to leave the sex industry', and how there is a certain draw or pull back to it once you've quit.

Obviously the threads are from the point of view of the SP, but I was just wondering if the same thing applies to the other side.

It's obvious that selling/ purchasing sex share many of the same attractions. There's the adrenaline high, the risk vs. reward scenario, the excitement, the instant sex - all very addictive.

But punters share a lot of the downsides too. There's still a stigma attached to it, potential risks of catching something, oh and it costs a fair whack.

Hmm, I'm actually not very sure where I'm going with this (it's 3 am, forgive me), but what I think I'm trying to ask is if you'd be able to drop the hobby easily (if for some reason you had to/felt you wanted to), or be drawn back into it and find it as hard to quit as some SPs do?

I wouldnt be able to give it up and never return, i have given up for a time when i felt like it for a few months though. I imagine and hope i will be punting until i cant manage it anymore.

If I punted more frequently, I would find it more addictive, I think. Because I only punt when I travel for work, enforced periods of inactivity lead to more self-discipline (thankfully for my wallet!) but also raise the level of anticipation and excitement when I book the next meeting. I am also more selective and enjoy researching the options during the downtime. But that's just me....

This was my punting habit exactly a few years ago, but now I have found a couple of local ladies so I now punt when not travelling as well! Starting to think the only things that will stop me punting are to do with health and wealth. -so when I run out of money or die!

why stop what you enjoy if it isnt harming you.?

If i continue to struggle finding girls who are hot kissers, then i may give up. I thimk in London or the North it would be harder as the quality of SP's seems alot higher than midlands

dont understand the question. why would i want to stop? Is it bad or something?

Hell yes itd be difficult to stop !!!!!

But then theres no immediate reason for me to want to.....or try to.......so.....its a completely irrelevant question

You might as well have asked, 'how difficult would it be for you to stop breathing ?'

....as I have recently lost most of my regular income - fucking bankers, politicians and recession :angry: - I'll let you know how the cold turkey goes... :eek:

....as I have recently lost most of my regular income - fucking bankers, politicians and recession :angry: - I'll let you know how the cold turkey goes... :eek:

I know how you feel, ive had to get a new job, started today and first time in 10 years i've had a 9-5.30pm job, it killed me, i dont think i can cope, but because of this piss poor ecconomy my self employed status was not generating any income.

It's so hard though being stuck in an office, ive got a headache

With regard to the question: Do You'd Think You Would Find It Hard To Stop?

The usual counselling scenario when dealing with sexual addicts is that you find yourself a partner (whether male or female) and have (what is viewed as normal) sex as the replacement for paid (viewed as unhealthy) sex.

Its a pity the counsellors do not tackle the other side of the equation viz. what happen when a relationship become 'stale' and then conversely there is a need to seek out paid sex.

Can't stop=won't stop= :eek:

Once you open Pandora's box, it's hard to close it. When you find out you can have sex with beautiful women for money it becomes a permanent option of choice ....

This is so true. For me Pandora's box is like a Pandora's bank - it fills up with money when you stop for a while, and although there are many wonderful things to spend money on : friends, family, a telescope, whatever floats your boat : a beautiful woman is always going to float your boat even when you're Bill Clinton's age.

I wonder what draws women back to the game - is it mainly the bank effect in reverse, namely that it needs filling up, or is it missing the excitement. Probably a combination of the two, I suspect.

I now only punt 2 or 3 times a year but when I was working I had more cash, and more opportunities, so I punted quite regularly. I don't find that I miss the frequency now.

I'm not surprised if you are meeting mystery women in hotels for free sex :).

Once you open Pandora's box, it's hard to close it.

I've heard that our Pandora has an absolutely gorgeous box, so I'm not surprised :) :).

I know how you feel, ive had to get a new job, started today and first time in 10 years i've had a 9-5.30pm job, it killed me, i dont think i can cope, but because of this piss poor ecconomy my self employed status was not generating any income.

It's so hard though being stuck in an office, ive got a headache

Feeling for you brother...jusy have to keep smilin and hope things pick up sooner rather than later...

I would find it incredibly hard to stop and would miss the feelings during and after plus the "buzz" before, to say nothing of the company of my regular