Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe Kisses

Mac Doesnt Seem To Like Chat Anylonger

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I dont seem to be able to access the chat room from my mac now for some reason. There is no waiting icon, no message, nothing, just the chat room blank canvass screen that you would have the little java sign in the middle of whilst awaiting entry...but nothing happens, it doesnt tell me to download anything, or add or activate anything. Poor little mac has just been to the apple store for a new screen and keyboard but thats it...am confused and rather unhappy :(

Does that mean it's safe for me to back in again now ? ;)

Go to Safari assuming your using it and not firefox or chrome, top left corner preferences, security enable java and javascript.

Go to www.java.com, there is a function there to check that you have the latest version installed. If not, download and install it. Bear in mind that Java 7 will not work with Chrome.

I can access chat just fine with both my Macs using either Safari or Firefox.

Chloe, I had the same thing recently on Mac and Windows machines, despite having the latest versions installed, here's how I solved it on Mac:

In Applications\Utilities open Java Preferences (or just search for Java Preferences then launch it)

Select Security tab, and delete the entry for http://client1.addonchat.com

Similar thing works for Windows too, using the Java Control Panel.

Edited by Vin DaLoo

Possibly relavant although I'm running a PC, not a Mac.

All my java stuff stopped working after it was automatically upgraded to version 7 due to a conflict with zonealarm. Problem was solved by going back to java version 6 (I've disabled auto update on java for a while as well) All works fine again.

Poo sticks... after coming back from the apple store my mac has NO Java software whatever in it, it did before it went in and they didnt have to touch the software containing stuff. I think the twat in the mac store uninstalled it on purpose as when it went in i was quoted a certain amount and i had an argument with him as he apparently found other stuff wrong that would hike my bill up to over 500 despite it working perfectly fine till one small incident. I told him to just fix what its in for which was nothing to do with the hard drive at all. Java doesnt just uninstall itself and I had it installed before as i used to come into chat on my mac. Really pissed off, now having to download Lion as Java is demanding it of me to install Java 7...really pissed off now.x

and now im even more pissed off as im thinking about it!!!!! going to phone the store and ask them to explain under what circumstances a programme that worked fine can just vanish from my mac!!!!!

p.s..I have followed all your advice which is how I know there is no java whatsoever installed on my damn mac...flaming liberty

Does that mean it's safe for me to back in again now ? ;)

No...neverrrrrr lol.x