jojosun

THAILAND and beyond WHERE and WHEN ??.

50 posts in this topic

FELT comfortable, and at ease in Bangkok, and with a bit of travelling around thailand in april and may this year .

MY questions to experienced asia travellers ,are the following..

1 BEYOND bangkok and thailand ,assuming one makes his base in bangkok ,where would you go for a week or so ???

2 LAOS ,and CAMBODIA ,are on my radar ,having read many reports on them ,but how do the usual everyday costs plus punting compares with thailand and bangkok ??? I know it is cheaper ,but how much cheaper ???

3 I have been reading some very interesting reports and feedback on mynamar (BURMA) comparing it to the bangkok of 1990 ,for girls and prices . ANY one here has done it ??

4 AIR ASIA is doing some fantastic deals out of london and within asia ,so i was thinking of hitting places not yet firmly on the punters route ,like YANGOON ,mynamar .

i am a cheapskate ,when it comes to flying ,and would prefer my saving to go

on a nice hotel food and drinks and night expenses .

5 WE landed in bangkok late april 09 ,and quite honestly thought it would be hotter and more humid than what i had in mind ,but it was bearable ,and enjoyed good discounts on flights and hotels ,and half empty clubs and bars .

SO i wouldn't mind travelling again around late april may .

ANY suggestions and ideas on when and where to go ,for a cost effective hoiday out of thailand ,with bangkok being the base ??

PS I am leaving out malaysia ,indonesia ,and vietnam ,out of my planning .

You mention Air Asia, as far as I know they only fly from London Stansted to Kuala Lumpar (Malaysia) ------ once there you have lots of choices, they even fly into Clark airport in Angeles City.

FELT comfortable, and at ease in Bangkok, and with a bit of travelling around thailand in april and may this year

1 BEYOND bangkok and thailand ,assuming one makes his base in bangkok ,where would you go for a week or so ???

Nice to see you on this forum, Jojosun.

Phnom Pehn is not like it used to be. The legendary places like Sophie Bar and Mikado have dissappeared. La Cycree is still there, but the police wont let them use the short time rooms.

There are still plenty of bars with girls, but not as raunchy as it used to be,

The brothel areas around PP have been hit hard too. Tuol Kok is just about still operating, but with a fraction of the brothels there once were, and Svay Pak, whilst still operating, is a definate no-go area.

There are still a few of the shop-house type brothels with Viet girls around PP, but nowhere like as many as there once was.

Outside PP, Battembang and Kompong Cham are intersting places for P4P activities. And Sihanoekville still has it's chicken farm, last ime I was there.

Laos is a very interesting country. Despite what people may tell you about it being illegal to take Laotian girls to your room, p4p is readily available. There are numerous 'taxi dancing' type places around Vientiene with plenty of stunners ready to go with you.

There are also a few guest-houses that offer short time rooms.

Outside of Vientiene, the country is beautiful, especially around Luang Prahbang, Pak Ou, and the upper reaches of the Mekong.

For girls in these areas, hit the local disco or look for the brothels catering to truck drivers, by the side of the roads. You have to look hard, they are not always apparant to western eyes.

Engel

FELT comfortable, and at ease in Bangkok, and with a bit of travelling around thailand in april and may this year .

2 LAOS ,and CAMBODIA ,are on my radar ,having read many reports on them ,but how do the usual everyday costs plus punting compares with thailand and bangkok ??? I know it is cheaper ,but how much cheaper ???

3 I have been reading some very interesting reports and feedback on mynamar (BURMA) comparing it to the bangkok of 1990 ,for girls and prices . ANY one here has done it ??

4 AIR ASIA is doing some fantastic deals out of london and within asia ,so i was thinking of hitting places not yet firmly on the punters route ,like YANGOON ,mynamar .

5 WE landed in bangkok late april 09 ,and quite honestly thought it would be hotter and more humid than what i had in mind ,but it was bearable ,and enjoyed good discounts on flights and hotels ,and half empty clubs and bars .

ANY suggestions and ideas on when and where to go ,for a cost effective hoiday out of thailand ,with bangkok being the base ??

I posted the following on JRC's Hong Kong thread recently:

http://www.punternet.com/forum/showthread.php?p=363354#poststop

It covers both Cambodia, in which you have expressed an interest, and Vietnam, which you have not. Forget about Laos for punting, it's available but it's not that great and not worth the effort. Half of the Thai WGs come from the northeast region (Isaan) bordering Laos and share both common blood and common cuisine with their neighbors. Go back to Thailand, perhaps with a bit of a fishing expedition up in the northeast this time. Not all the lovelies venture south to Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket.

I've been to Burma (Myanmar) once, but with a family friend so punting was off the menu. I am planning to return, solo, for a week in Yangon in late February on my annual winter visit to SEAsia. Both www.worldsexarchives.com and www.internationalsexguide.com have some worthwhile info and I will use that to get the scent, after which I will keep my nose down and follow whatever trail appears promising. Thrift is no a major concern with me when traveling in Asia, but Burma is dirt cheap and the local are very appreciative of any foreigner who is willing to make the effort to go there. Lots of political arguments 'pro' and 'con re visiting Burma but you will be hard put to find a single local there encouraging 'con'. As I said, I have not punted there yet but many of the young women are VERY attractive, though they neither dress provocatively nor use much make-up. I think the biggest hurdle will be the language barrier but I gather that some middle-class, reasonably well-educated gals who speak some English 'free-lance' there because it's one of the poorest counties in the world (excluding the generals and their families, of course). I hope to enrich several of them during my visit.:cool:

You mention Air Asia, as far as I know they only fly from London Stansted to Kuala Lumpar (Malaysia) ------ once there you have lots of choices, they even fly into Clark airport in Angeles City.

YES ,you are right ,they do fly to kl, and from there to various destinations in asia ,and quite cheaply .

BANGKOK ,the main destination ,i meant spending more days there ,than in other places .

ONE feels more comfortable there, than in hong kong ,a more casual and relaxed place .

MALAYSIA ,only did hohur bahru ,on a day trip from singapore many years ago ,and i am not sure about the punting scene there ,being a muslim country .

HAVING said, that <DUBAI ,is a muslim country ,but a great place for punting ,yet the BASTIONS of liberalism .like NORWAY and SWEDEN ,prostiution is illegal ,and in the case of norway , it is illegal for norwegians to use the services of prostitutes even outside the country .

Nice to see you on this forum, Jojosun.

Phnom Pehn is not like it used to be. The legendary places like Sophie Bar and Mikado have dissappeared. La Cycree is still there, but the police wont let them use the short time rooms.

There are still plenty of bars with girls, but not as raunchy as it used to be,

The brothel areas around PP have been hit hard too. Tuol Kok is just about still operating, but with a fraction of the brothels there once were, and Svay Pak, whilst still operating, is a definate no-go area.

There are still a few of the shop-house type brothels with Viet girls around PP, but nowhere like as many as there once was.

Outside PP, Battembang and Kompong Cham are intersting places for P4P activities. And Sihanoekville still has it's chicken farm, last ime I was there.

Laos is a very interesting country. Despite what people may tell you about it being illegal to take Laotian girls to your room, p4p is readily available. There are numerous 'taxi dancing' type places around Vientiene with plenty of stunners ready to go with you.

There are also a few guest-houses that offer short time rooms.

Outside of Vientiene, the country is beautiful, especially around Luang Prahbang, Pak Ou, and the upper reaches of the Mekong.

For girls in these areas, hit the local disco or look for the brothels catering to truck drivers, by the side of the roads. You have to look hard, they are not always apparant to western eyes.

Engel

VERY WELCOME TO this community of pleasure seekers ,as you can see i have been lurking here since feb 08 ,and wish i knew about it earlier ,could have saved myself some dosh .

WOULD , you now consider MYNAMAR as an alternative , or an additional new destination to the usual list .

Hey honey,iv not punted in any of these cities but i have been to them...

Jus for fun. let me know if you want any hints on fun places that dont include puntin :mad:

xxx

BANGKOK ,the main destination ,i meant spending more days there ,than in other places .

ONE feels more comfortable there, than in hong kong ,a more casual and relaxed place .

Bangkok is a pisshole compared with Hong Kong ----- and this is why.

1) Corrupt police who will hide in doorways to catch tourists dropping litter and then demand 2000 baht from them.

2) It is crawling with ladyboys, 5 bars in Nana Plaza are totally ladyboy.

3) Too expensive, LT from a Go-Go bar will stand you in £100 including barfine and a couple of drinks ---- and they expect to leave at 6am.

4) Broken pavements everywhere, they build multi-million pound shopping malls but can't repair the pavements.

5) The drains can't cope with heavy rain, a 30 minute downpour and the streets are flooded.

6) The quality of the girls is abysmal, when you do find a looker the chances are she will not be able to say more than "buy me cola".

7) Rip off cab drivers who don't want to use the meter as soon as it starts to rain.

8) Stupid licensing laws, legitimate bars have to close at 2am and then illegal unlicenced bars open up on the street ----- with the corrupt police taking their cut.

9) The airport is full of taxi touts, Hong Kong (and Manila) do not allow touts to operate.

10) Brits only get a 30 day visa on arrival, in Hong Kong you are allowed to stay for 6 months.

I posted the following on JRC's Hong Kong thread recently:

http://www.punternet.com/forum/showthread.php?p=363354#poststop

It covers both Cambodia, in which you have expressed an interest, and Vietnam, which you have not. Forget about Laos for punting, it's available but it's not that great and not worth the effort. Half of the Thai WGs come from the northeast region (Isaan) bordering Laos and share both common blood and common cuisine with their neighbors. Go back to Thailand, perhaps with a bit of a fishing expedition up in the northeast this time. Not all the lovelies venture south to Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket.

I've been to Burma (Myanmar) once, but with a family friend so punting was off the menu. I am planning to return, solo, for a week in Yangon in late February on my annual winter visit to SEAsia. Both www.worldsexarchives.com and www.internationalsexguide.com have some worthwhile info and I will use that to get the scent, after which I will keep my nose down and follow whatever trail appears promising. Thrift is no a major concern with me when traveling in Asia, but Burma is dirt cheap and the local are very appreciative of any foreigner who is willing to make the effort to go there. Lots of political arguments 'pro' and 'con re visiting Burma but you will be hard put to find a single local there encouraging 'con'. As I said, I have not punted there yet but many of the young women are VERY attractive, though they neither dress provocatively nor use much make-up. I think the biggest hurdle will be the language barrier but I gather that some middle-class, reasonably well-educated gals who speak some English 'free-lance' there because it's one of the poorest counties in the world (excluding the generals and their families, of course). I hope to enrich several of them during my visit.:mad:

TIGGY ,i really appreciate your advice and tips , and the attention you pay to the relevant details .

THIS time of the year, i start updating my planning for the annual family holiday with my 2 female family members,so it is basically the same deal for me as last year in thailand .

I did say i am a cheapskate, when it comes to flying ,provided it a safe airline .,but i am not a cheap charlie when it comes to things like hotels ,food ,transport in ASIA .

I would only consider 4 star hotels,and use mainly taxis ,and my lady companions ,would not even consider street food ,so it has to be either hotel food, or good restaurnats .

THIS ,is in addition to my punting hobby and night time expenses ,hence i really have to consider a lo t of (COST ) factors here ,and if it was just a solo punting trip for me ,it would have been a breeze .

SO it is a bit of culture ,shopping for the ladies ,sightseeing ,and bonking for me .

MYNAMAR ,or burma in addition to the usual ie thailand , would be ideal ,and i do recall you saying ,and quite rightly so (BANGKOK HAS MANY LAYERS AND MOST PUNTERS NEVER GO BEYOND THE FIRST ),,i really feel there are places in thailand worth visiting like UDON THANI ,and the area bordering LAOS .

I keep my fingers crossed ,that this trip plan appeals to my party ,as one of them started toying with the idea of a 14 days package tour to include safari to kenya ,something i have not tried and quite frankly not keen on ....

MANY THANKS again for your informative and very useful reply ,and i will keep you informed how it goes .

Hey honey,iv not punted in any of these cities but i have been to them...

Jus for fun. let me know if you want any hints on fun places that dont include puntin :mad:

xxx

CANDY ,really sweet of you ,but i would not consider any fun place in the world unless there is a cost effective punting in it for me ..

SO my BALLS are in your court ,ANY HINTS ????

CANDY ,really sweet of you ,but i would not consider any fun place in the world unless there is a cost effective punting in it for me ..

SO my BALLS are in your court ,ANY HINTS ????

Well its a sunny day in bournemouth at the moment :mad: heehee

xxx

Well its a sunny day in bournemouth at the moment :mad: heehee

xxx

EVEN SUNNIER in london ,but i might hook up with you ,a sense of humour does turn me on ...

EVEN SUNNIER in london ,but i might hook up with you ,a sense of humour does turn me on ...

pm...ill get back to you about that :mad: xxx

Bangkok is a pisshole compared with Hong Kong ----- and this is why.

1) Corrupt police who will hide in doorways to catch tourists dropping litter and then demand 2000 baht from them.

2) It is crawling with ladyboys, 5 bars in Nana Plaza are totally ladyboy.

3) Too expensive, LT from a Go-Go bar will stand you in £100 including barfine and a couple of drinks ---- and they expect to leave at 6am.

4) Broken pavements everywhere, they build multi-million pound shopping malls but can't repair the pavements.

5) The drains can't cope with heavy rain, a 30 minute downpour and the streets are flooded.

6) The quality of the girls is abysmal, when you do find a looker the chances are she will not be able to say more than "buy me cola".

7) Rip off cab drivers who don't want to use the meter as soon as it starts to rain.

8) Stupid licensing laws, legitimate bars have to close at 2am and then illegal unlicenced bars open up on the street ----- with the corrupt police taking their cut.

9) The airport is full of taxi touts, Hong Kong (and Manila) do not allow touts to operate.

10) Brits only get a 30 day visa on arrival, in Hong Kong you are allowed to stay for 6 months.

HI JIMMY ,i see you have turned completely against bangkok .

YOU may recall that you posted here ,following your trip to manila ,and angeles city ,which i followed with great interest, that you might consider manila .as a side trip. .with bangkok being the main one .

AT the time ,i wasn't sure where to go bangkok or manila ,but having read your report and other reports on the pros and cons of both destinations ,i opted for bangkok ,and i think i made the right choice .

AS for hong kong ,i was there in 2007 ,yes it is more organised than bangkok ,but hotels are more expensive ,and you do not have much choice ,and the sex is not so much in your face as in bangkok .

ALSO in hong kong there is a lack of variety .

HONG kong hotels get booked up a lot of the time ,due to so many conventions and conferences.

I quite liked MACCAU .

IF the exchange rate was as favourable as it was in 2006 and 2007 ,the £ to the yen ,my first choice would be tokyo ,well here is a city WITH MANY LAYERS , great girls ,safe ,best restaurants ,and friendly people .

TIGGY ,i really appreciate your advice and tips , and the attention you pay to the relevant details .

THIS time of the year, i start updating my planning for the annual family holiday with my 2 female family members,so it is basically the same deal for me as last year in thailand .

I did say i am a cheapskate, when it comes to flying ,provided it a safe airline .,but i am not a cheap charlie when it comes to things like hotels ,food ,transport in ASIA .

I would only consider 4 star hotels,and use mainly taxis ,and my lady companions ,would not even consider street food ,so it has to be either hotel food, or good restaurnats .

THIS ,is in addition to my punting hobby and night time expenses ,hence i really have to consider a lo t of (COST ) factors here ,and if it was just a solo punting trip for me ,it would have been a breeze .

SO it is a bit of culture ,shopping for the ladies ,sightseeing ,and bonking for me .

MYNAMAR ,or burma in addition to the usual ie thailand , would be ideal ,and i do recall you saying ,and quite rightly so (BANGKOK HAS MANY LAYERS AND MOST PUNTERS NEVER GO BEYOND THE FIRST ),,i really feel there are places in thailand worth visiting like UDON THANI ,and the area bordering LAOS .

I keep my fingers crossed ,that this trip plan appeals to my party ,as one of them started toying with the idea of a 14 days package tour to include safari to kenya ,something i have not tried and quite frankly not keen on ....

MANY THANKS again for your informative and very useful reply ,and i will keep you informed how it goes .

I've found a really good hotel website called www.latestays.com that covers all of Asia but is especially good for Thailand. You probably are planning well ahead, given that you are traveling with a couple of others, but if you can wait until within about a month of your visit, you can get rooms in your 5* and 4* hotels at very substantial discounts. It beats AsiaRooms and the other regional websites. Obviously this works better outside the 'high season' (Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb) but I expect to use it next February and March.

Udon Thani and the northeast (Isaan) in general are lovely but the tourism infrastructure is not as well defined there as in Bangkok and the popular seaside resort cities. I plan to spend a few days in Chiang Mai in early March (the famous flower festival is 5-7 March) and it is the handicraft capital of Thailand. The markets there will preoccupy your ladies long enough for you to have at least one punt a day and the prices are lower than Bangkok (roughly on a par with Pattaya).

African safaris and SEAsia do not fit into the same holiday unless you are doing a round-the-world itinerary or something like that. EVA Airways has some good deals from London at the moment but really only to Bangkok and/or Taiwan.

Cheers, T7

I've found a really good hotel website called www.latestays.com that covers all of Asia but is especially good for Thailand. You probably are planning well ahead, given that you are traveling with a couple of others, but if you can wait until within about a month of your visit, you can get rooms in your 5* and 4* hotels at very substantial discounts. It beats AsiaRooms and the other regional websites. Obviously this works better outside the 'high season' (Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb) but I expect to use it next February and March.

Udon Thani and the northeast (Isaan) in general are lovely but the tourism infrastructure is not as well defined there as in Bangkok and the popular seaside resort cities. I plan to spend a few days in Chiang Mai in early March (the famous flower festival is 5-7 March) and it is the handicraft capital of Thailand. The markets there will preoccupy your ladies long enough for you to have at least one punt a day and the prices are lower than Bangkok (roughly on a par with Pattaya).

African safaris and SEAsia do not fit into the same holiday unless you are doing a round-the-world itinerary or something like that. EVA Airways has some good deals from London at the moment but really only to Bangkok and/or Taiwan.

Cheers, T7

YOU may recall ,you were the one ,who mentioned the above site for me www.latestays.com ,early this year ,when i was doing the planning for our thailand holiday ,and i have to say it is an excellent site .

ON your recommendation for chiang mai ,we spent few days there in may this year ,see my report,and i loved it .

DO check out spotlight, go go club ,a stunning girl was working there at the time ,and the mamasan was quite attractive as well .

PANDORA soapie is recommended as well

YES prices were lower than bangkok,but i found the girls more attractive ..

EITHER AFRICAN safari holiday or SE asia holiday ,but not both ,that would cost a fortune .

I do the final booking wthin 10 days of travel to get the max discount

I thought you said you won't be returning to HK as it is too expensive? Come on man make up your mind. My next trip is coming up in November and I need to decide my route.

MIKE you put me off vietnam ,when you posted here ,that the girls were bushy down there ,and fishy smelling ......

VERY WELCOME TO this community of pleasure seekers ,as you can see i have been lurking here since feb 08 ,and wish i knew about it earlier ,could have saved myself some dosh .

WOULD , you now consider MYNAMAR as an alternative , or an additional new destination to the usual list .

Actually, I've just started dating a Burmese girl here in London, where I am at the moment (makes a change from Chinese and Thai girls :mad:).

I'm off there with her on first week of December, prior to getting back to BKK to see my family.

I will report back on my findings. I did visit Rangoon many years ago, but didn't have much of a chance to explore.

I can remember when that was the case in HK. It had 'key' clubs in apartments - knock three times and a window would open in the door to check you out before admittance!

I can remember when that was the case in HK. It had 'key' clubs in apartments - knock three times and a window would open in the door to check you out before admittance!

That must have been before 24 hour licensing. :mad:;):mad:

MIKE you put me off vietnam ,when you posted here ,that the girls were bushy down there ,and fishy smelling ......

I think you should visit all these places and then make your own mind up.... :mad:

I thought you said you won't be returning to HK as it is too expensive? Come on man make up your mind. My next trip is coming up in November and I need to decide my route.

Mike, it is not like you to misquote me, some members make a hobby of doing that, look at the last line of my report where I said -------

"I enjoyed it but would not return because there are so many other places in the world that I would like to see."

I think you should visit all these places and then make your own mind up.... :mad:

I see you are in romford ,but it doesn't mean ofcourse you are an ESSEX girl .I remember very clearly from my student days ,there was a club called ROOM at THE top in ilford ,where the girls were bushy down there ,but very fresh smelling and sexy as most essex girls are ,but bushy and fishy smelling. i don't need to try .

I see you are in romford ,but it doesn't mean ofcourse you are an ESSEX girl .I remember very clearly from my student days ,there was a club called ROOM at THE top in ilford ,where the girls were bushy down there ,but very fresh smelling and sexy as most essex girls are ,but bushy and fishy smelling. i don't need to try .

Lol.... I was actually born in North London... so I guess that means I am not an Essex girl... I also remember Room at the Top.... never went there myself.. I was more of a West End, Camden Palace and the illegal Rave Scene type of girl myself... I am shaved down there myself and always very fresh smelling... maybe you could go for the sights and not the girls..... Are girls from Bushy... Bushy ??? :mad:

Jimmyredcap is talking utter bollocks, which is the problem about asking for advice. Good quality service all over Thailand. Only one rule dont fall in love.

Pattaya is still the best place but you will have a real problem if you want a bad time. Just dont fall for the love you longtime B/S