Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
petertaylor

Hong Kong/Macau or BKK/Pattaya

19 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice.

Have 8/9 days in Feb to take as holiday and was going to go to BKK/Pattaya as the scene appears to be great. However, after reading around, wondered about HK/Macau - 5/6 days in the former, as per Jimmy RC's advice, and 3/4 days in Macau. What do you guys who have been to both or just 1 advise? Also, hotels/places to stay.

I'm a mid/late 50s white guy with own hair & teeth, but carrying about 4/5 pounds too much around the midriff. I know that plenty of baht will get the Thai girls to overlook my physical shortcomings, but would love to see HK.

I like looking, chatting to and kissing the girls as well as "rumpy pumpy" - the former are perhaps more important than the latter these days.

Thanks.

Peter

As you are only looking for an 8/9 day trip you may do better to just visit Pattaya, the general quality of the girls is abysmal but you have about 40,000 to choose from so something should catch your eye.

You say you like to chat with the girls so the open air bars would be ideal for you ------ assuming you find girls who speak English. :P

I would not bother with Bangkok, it has become grossly overpriced and has weird licencing laws ------ most bars are forced to close at 2am and then illegal and unlicensed bars open up on the street --- Thai police are totally corrupt. :cool:

Only a complete fool could fail to have a good time in Pattaya.

I am there at the moment, and the quality of the girls is definitely on the up.

Mind you, it does help if you actually fancy Thai girls in the 1st place.

Only a complete fool could fail to have a good time in Pattaya.

I am there at the moment, and the quality of the girls is definitely on the up.

Mind you, it does help if you actually fancy Thai girls in the 1st place.

OK, quick story.

I have a friend who lives on Soi 4 in Bangkok, American guy called Randy, he has lived there for many years.

He sent me an E-Mail a couple of weeks ago to say that he had just got back from a 5 day visit to Pattaya and wished he had not bothered, in his words only 1 girl in 1000 was "doable".

When I saw your report of "smoking hot girls" I sent him the link which he found quite amusing.

There are indeed some very pretty girls in Thailand, you see them in the reception of hotels, in banks in department stores ------- however the quality of the girls in beerbars is totally abysmal, mainly Isaan farm girls who are single mothers and totally uneducated.

Maybe if you ventured to other places you would realise that Pattaya is not the center of the universe, the attitude of girls in the Philippines is streets ahead of Thai girls, they still give you bullshit but at least you can understand them.

I have no doubt you enjoy your visits to Pattaya but it is not the Paradise that some guys would have us believe ------ I respect your opinion, please try to respect mine. :rolleyes:

OK, quick story.

I have a friend who lives on Soi 4 in Bangkok, American guy called Randy, he has lived there for many years.

He sent me an E-Mail a couple of weeks ago to say that he had just got back from a 5 day visit to Pattaya and wished he had not bothered, in his words only 1 girl in 1000 was "doable".

When I saw your report of "smoking hot girls" I sent him the link which he found quite amusing.

There are indeed some very pretty girls in Thailand, you see them in the reception of hotels, in banks in department stores ------- however the quality of the girls in beerbars is totally abysmal, mainly Isaan farm girls who are single mothers and totally uneducated.

Maybe if you ventured to other places you would realise that Pattaya is not the center of the universe, the attitude of girls in the Philippines is streets ahead of Thai girls, they still give you bullshit but at least you can understand them.

I have no doubt you enjoy your visits to Pattaya but it is not the Paradise that some guys would have us believe ------ I respect your opinion, please try to respect mine. :rolleyes:

Jimmy, as a guy who first visited Thailand in 1978 and has been there far more often than you, often on visits of more than a month (since I retired), I really must contradict you. The girls in Thailand, INCLUDING the WGs, are just as beautiful as they were 30 years ago. I will concede that they are a bit taller and a bit heavier, since the Thai economy has enabled many to expand their waistlines as well as their diets, but the same holds true for practically every country in SEAsia. And the numbers of WGs available now are far more plentiful than before. 30 years ago, you either went to Patpong or Cowboy, Nana was barely on the map. And Pattaya was little more than Walking Street plus a few decent hotels and Bungalows. One consequence of the improvement of the Thai economy has been inflation, a fact that budget sex tourists seem to resent. You can talk about how much ST or LT cost back in the good old days, but has your own income remained static? So the girls cost more and some guys resent this - and translate this into disparaging comments about the WGs. On the other hand, tourism (of which sex tourism is only a small part now) has burgeoned and the WGs have followed the crowd. The current credit crunch/recession has brought an increased flow of girls of all sorts to Bangkok and the major tourist areas and there is plenty for everyone. The guy who denies himself these pleasures, let alone complains about them, should look in the mirror and ask himself a few questions. I know that you are considered to be an 'Old Thailand Hand' on this board and that many guys will be influenced by your own disappointments and disillusionments but it would be a shame if you talked them into going to HK, Macau or almost any other area than Angeles City if they are looking for great sex. And, regardless your view, pretty damn VFM sex.

I still love ya, but an objective, unbiased reporter on the Thailand of today, you ain't!;):)

Jimmy, as a guy who first visited Thailand in 1978 and has been there far more often than you, often on visits of more than a month (since I retired), I really must contradict you. The girls in Thailand, INCLUDING the WGs, are just as beautiful as they were 30 years ago.

Tiggy, I don't want to get into a war of words with you, Keen Punter or anyone else.

We all have different views of what is beautiful which is a good thing or I would never get to see my favourite girls in the UK.

I think the best thing for any guys considering Thailand would be to search on You-Tube and decide whether the girls are in fact beautiful or very average ------- simply type in Pattaya Bargirls or Soi 6 Pattaya. :rolleyes:;)

Tiggy, I don't want to get into a war of words with you, Keen Punter or anyone else.

We all have different views of what is beautiful which is a good thing or I would never get to see my favourite girls in the UK.

I think the best thing for any guys considering Thailand would be to search on You-Tube and decide whether the girls are in fact beautiful or very average ------- simply type in Pattaya Bargirls or Soi 6 Pattaya. :rolleyes:;)

Fair enough. I'll be going to Burma for 10-14 days on my five-week winter trip in Feb and I'll post a few comments on prospects there. I don't know much about the punting options but it obviously is a great country for the economically-challenged. There clearly are other options beyond LOS and AC as long as you are willing to make a bit more of an effort. One of my quests will be to search out the elusive and nearly-extinct Irrawaddy (fresh water) dolphins. I've spotted them in both Laos and Cambodia and am going for a hat trick. Only about 150 left in all of SEAsia.;)

I would just like to ask JRC, have you had sex in thailand without having to pay for it. I think that puts a different angle on your views. For me the girls of BKK are the best in the world, and i have 22 years experience in these matters . .. W.P.

Fair enough. I'll be going to Burma for 10-14 days on my five-week winter trip in Feb and I'll post a few comments on prospects there. I don't know much about the punting options but it obviously is a great country for the economically-challenged. There clearly are other options beyond LOS and AC as long as you are willing to make a bit more of an effort. One of my quests will be to search out the elusive and nearly-extinct Irrawaddy (fresh water) dolphins. I've spotted them in both Laos and Cambodia and am going for a hat trick. Only about 150 left in all of SEAsia.:rolleyes:

Water dolphins can wait for you on your return trip .

The elusive and nearly extinct girls of this planet ,who are very happy tp charge you 30,000 khayat for all night sessions ,can't wait .

The girls , are found at the Emperor club in yangoon ,according to an eye witness and punter ..Wsg refers .

Currency converter ,10600 khayat to the £ ,is this right..????

I would just like to ask JRC, have you had sex in thailand without having to pay for it. I think that puts a different angle on your views. For me the girls of BKK are the best in the world, and i have 22 years experience in these matters . .. W.P.

Compared to you I am a mere novice, 18 visits since 2001.

"Nice" girls in Thailand do not have sex with 14 day tourists, if they want a farang they would prefer a guy who actually lives and works there.

I have heard stories where it has taken a guy over a month to actually shag a non-hooker. ;)

When you say the girls of Bangkok are the best in the world do you mean the best looking -----surely not. ????

In my opinion European girls are streets ahead, the only problem is that they charge more than £40 for an overnight. :rolleyes:

Water dolphins can wait for you on your return trip .

The elusive and nearly extinct girls of this planet ,who are very happy tp charge you 30,000 khayat for all night sessions ,can't wait .

The girls , are found at the Emperor club in yangoon ,according to an eye witness and punter ..Wsg refers .

Currency converter ,10600 khayat to the £ ,is this right..????

Plan A calls for finding a companion and taking her up north with me to search out the dolphins. I'm not sure how well a local lovely on the arm of an aging foreigner goes down with the locals but the dolphins are VERY elusive and I want at least one 'sure thing' to ensure that the trip is a success. Plan B is to hope that I can capture a gorgeous dolphin for companionship. We have lots of elusive and nearly extinct girls right here in London.;)

disclaimer: I have never shagged a dolphin before and generally prefer beautiful young maidens, though not ones who smell fishy.

OK, quick story.

I also have an American friend called Jon. He lives on Soi 17 right near Soi Cowboy. He agrees with me to the extent that he even imports his girls in from Pattaya now, he is sick of the Bangkok "Diva" bullshit.

So me and the other Americans I spent the 1st week with are all wrong then eh ?

If I got to the stage that only 1 in 1000 was "doable", I would leave Thailand. Your mate sounds like a good match for you. Does he actually fancy Thai women or is he like you ? Keeps dreaming of European Girls whilst in SE Asia.

I repeat. If you cannot have a good time in Pattaya and find good girls, then there is something seriously wrong with you. But for my last few days being mullered by a bad cold, I would have had probably my best trip to date.

But you......

Tried Golden Sands, didn't like it.

Tried the PI, didn't like it.

Tried HK, didn't like it.

And your Thai TR's were like car crash television.

Have you ever thought the problem may be closer to home ?

I refer the honourable member to the answer I gave earlier. ;):)

I also have an American friend called Jon. He lives on Soi 17 right near Soi Cowboy. He agrees with me to the extent that he even imports his girls in from Pattaya now, he is sick of the Bangkok "Diva" bullshit.

So me and the other Americans I spent the 1st week with are all wrong then eh ?

If I got to the stage that only 1 in 1000 was "doable", I would leave Thailand. Your mate sounds like a good match for you. Does he actually fancy Thai women or is he like you ? Keeps dreaming of European Girls whilst in SE Asia.

I repeat. If you cannot have a good time in Pattaya and find good girls, then there is something seriously wrong with you. But for my last few days being mullered by a bad cold, I would have had probably my best trip to date.

But you......

Tried Golden Sands, didn't like it.

Tried the PI, didn't like it.

Tried HK, didn't like it.

And your Thai TR's were like car crash television.

It's impossible to cure a patient that does not want to be cured. This in not something where you can operate or medicate - it's neurological. Like Oliver Sachs, the famous neurologist who wrote 'The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat', Jimmy mistakes his brain for his wallet. I treasure him as a board colleague but I certainly would never go punting with him!;)

It's impossible to cure a patient that does not want to be cured. This in not something where you can operate or medicate - it's neurological. Like Oliver Sachs, the famous neurologist who wrote 'The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat', Jimmy mistakes his brain for his wallet. I treasure him as a board colleague but I certainly would never go punting with him!:)

Tiggy, that post from Keen Punter was full of total lies -----

Golden Sands (Bulgaria) ------- I went there a couple of years ago, nice resort with pretty girls however they were charging London prices, the place is a bit of a tourist trap.

The Philippines --------- I went there last November, wasn't too sure about Angeles City but loved Manila, so much so that I may return early in 2010, the girls have a good attitude and most speak perfect English.

Hong Kong ------- just returned, my report is there for everyone to read, nowhere have I said I did not like it. ;)

But then why cloud a good argument with the truth. :D

Tiggy, that post from Keen Punter was full of total lies -----

Golden Sands (Bulgaria) ------- I went there a couple of years ago, nice resort with pretty girls however they were charging London prices, the place is a bit of a tourist trap.

The Philippines --------- I went there last November, wasn't too sure about Angeles City but loved Manila, so much so that I may return early in 2010, the girls have a good attitude and most speak perfect English.

Hong Kong ------- just returned, my report is there for everyone to read, nowhere have I said I did not like it. ;)

But then why cloud a good argument with the truth. :D

As you say, Jimmy, and I respect your judgment on a personal level because you have been punting for many years, know what you like and are determined in your search for it. Your chosen financial parameters are too restrictive for me and would eliminate a lot of WGs that appeal to me, though. I'm a fair bit older than you and am more inclined to throw caution to the winds (definitely in the 'use it or lose it' age zone) and am not concerned about dying rich.:)

Also, where you appear to prefer serial punts, I am more inclined to seek a 'relationship' through repeat (successful) visits, with no fear of falling in love or becoming an aging sex god - I just find that the intensity of the sex usually improves with each successive visit. Since I am invariably old enough to be the father, and occasionally the grandfather, of the WGs I see, my only objective is shared pleasure - I am not looking for a wife (I've had the same one for 46 years), a mistress or even a girlfriend. It's fun knowing what turns her on and turns her off before the session starts so that I can plot a safe journey to the promised land without fear of land mines.

These differences of viewpoint or objectives explain how we differ in results. When I go back to Thailand in Feb, I've already got a headstart with a gorgeous girl I met on Soi 33. I'm bar-fining her for my first week and then she will take leave the second and either go to Burma with me or to Samui. Net result, a beautiful companion for two weeks who is great in bed but also great to be with during the day, a girl whose English is pretty good and laughs at my jokes, and who is pretty funny in her own right. No, she's not a B600 bar-fine and a B2,500 LT girl but I spend more money on one-hour punts in one month in London that I will spend enjoying her company for those two weeks. You might not even consider her beautiful, but I do!

And that's why I still love Thailand.:)

Compared to you I am a mere novice, 18 visits since 2001.

"Nice" girls in Thailand do not have sex with 14 day tourists, if they want a farang they would prefer a guy who actually lives and works there.

I have heard stories where it has taken a guy over a month to actually shag a non-hooker. :D

When you say the girls of Bangkok are the best in the world do you mean the best looking -----surely not. ????

In my opinion European girls are streets ahead, the only problem is that they charge more than £40 for an overnight. ;)

No,Jimmy, not the best looking. I mean their attitude of wanting to please their male partner, the dedication to putting your comfort and pleasures before their own.

What about '' nice '' thai girls you could meet here in london then meet up with them when you visit BKK.

You don't have to pay every thai girl for sex , that's my point i guess :)

You don't have to pay every thai girl for sex , that's my point i guess :D

I can't disagree with that however a lot depends on your age and what you are looking for ---------- the very last thing I am seeking is a "relationship" with a Thai girl.

Free sex rarely ends up free in the long run. ;):(

Tiggy, I am sure you will have a great time in February.