Sicknote

Maids/receptionists Losing Punts ?

21 posts in this topic

I don't know if it's just me but over the years i've had a few instances whereby the actual maid or receptionist has really put me off either by their attitude over the phone or ladies that don't speak good enough English to explain where they are and other sundry details. I know that it must be repetitive and boring so i can kind of understand slight disaffection of repeating the same thing to one clown after another but surely if your manner entices punters surely the maid benefits financially ? Recently i spoke with the most horrible maid on the phone and frankly punting was the last thing on my mind after being spoken at !

I don't know if it's just me but over the years i've had a few instances whereby the actual maid or receptionist has really put me off either by their attitude over the phone or ladies that don't speak good enough English to explain where they are and other sundry details. I know that it must be repetitive and boring so i can kind of understand slight disaffection of repeating the same thing to one clown after another but surely if your manner entices punters surely the maid benefits financially ? Recently i spoke with the most horrible maid on the phone and frankly punting was the last thing on my mind after being spoken at !

No its not just you, i have had many problems with maids and receptionists over the years, the primary one being the lying with the sole intent of getting me to the punt and hoping i think with my dick and punt whatever.

Good SPs have helpful maids/receptionists as they realise it pays them to have them as they are the first point of contact that a punter is likely to have with their Establishment. Return custom is what most SPs want so to even get to achieve this they need to impress the punter enough initially with his questions.

For me just being directed back to the SPs site is not good enough, i require phone confirmation that what i require is definitely still on offer as advertised at the price advertised and their arent any non advertised extras. I have no problem if they wont discuss any of this, i just go elsewhere, they advertise for punters so to me i need to ask them questions to assess things.

Some seem to be selected on having one attribute, the ability to shamelessly lie, i imagine they are either born with this or they get on-the-job training from their bosses to hone the bollocks to perfection.

When you locate an honest one its great on the other hand as trust is built up and sometimes they even recommend WGs to you as they know your tastes so when its like that they can be a great asset to an Establishment. Always helps to be able to speak and understand English when answering the phone advertising in an English speaking country i find, obviously the most basic common sense to my mind. I have had a few problems with those that didnt understand what i was asking.

So in my opinion a good maid/receptionist can be a great asset or a big liability.

^Yep !!

Common occurrence for me

Some of those miserable cows make it sound as though theyre doing you a big favour by even deigning to talk at you

I have spoken to and subsequently ended up meeting a few who were lovely though, and very professional and helpful over the phone they were too.....unsurprisingly

Edited by BillGoldberg

Ive actually rarely had a problem with any maids or people taking my bookings.

Are you doing anything different to me?

Im friendly but straight to the point "Hi, can I make a booking for tomorrow, please? .. Sally at 6oclock for an hour?" "Hi can you tell me if Xxx is free today"

Same goes for confirming "Hi Im booked to see xxx at 11. Is she still coming in? " .... thats it...

Most Ive also done is asked if she can wear a dress or something or postcode or streetname if Im travelling but that it. Never been anything more. Websites usually give me all the info I need already and Id already have decided to make a booking which is why Im calling.

Have overheard the odd conversation the maid was having with a customer thou... Reeling off everyone and everything (including starsigns ! ) whose working that day, I think if I had to do that Id go nuts....especially if I had to open the front door, show clients to rooms, get drinks, clean towels .... at the same time...

Has been a rare time on confirming and the girls a no show shes not listened to my reply of "Oh okay. dont worry " i.e. I cant decide someone else just on the fly so I'll have a look at the website, reread FRs, etc... but she just starts reeling off the girls, etc for me to see instead. "No its okay.... " sigh on the other end and she starts again "no seriously its okay.. I'll phone back later... no seriously... okay Im going to hangup now...."

There is little doubt that most phone calls to parlours are by timewasters, and reeling off the list of girls etc must become mind numbingly boring,,,,,so in general I find them surprisingly civil, but yes a rough voice must discourage many a prospective customer, especially a nervous newbie sitting in his hotel room, contemplating his first foray into the sex industry. If its the wg herself answering the phone, i personally dont pursue my interest if she sounds rough or has no english to speak of.

Yes some maids - or as they call them - 'anyone who picks up the phone' can be annoying that is if they pick up the phone at all. I knew of one :unsure:

The maid answering the calls at MKAngels is very rude, when you can't find the place she says "I haven't got a map in front of me"

Answering phones is an easy job, its one of the easiest parts of my job for sure. Its easy to be polite, its easy to be cheerful when you answer the phone, its easy to give all the information the guys need so long as you know it (sometimes out of the ordinary requests have to be checked with a girl before an answer can be given), its easy to give directions to a place you go to every day of your life almost (in my case lol). What isnt easy is getting that information through someones ear sometimes though. An awful lot of guys nowadays I have noticed (this year as opposed to last year) want me to text the address to them and if the phones are very busy its not an option, they get rather stressed sometimes at having to actually take the time to write it down, some dont even do that, they call you from every leg of their journey asking for the entire address so that when the finally arrive at your door you have given them the address around 5 or 6 times. Last year I occasionally had to text an address, this year at least 50% of callers want a text, must be some new smart phone app I guess but I dont always have time.

I am miss happy most of the time but even I have gotten stressed when someone has called me and said, I am at your front door, I have knocked and banged the letterbox but you are not answering. My apartment is not palatial in size, you can hear that through the whole apartment so I have been known to shout "no, thats not our address...STEP AWAY FROM THE DOOR AND DOOOO NOOOOT KNOOOCKKK ON IT AGAIN" out of sheer frustration and panic of who is at the other side of that door e.g...some teenage girl alone at home doesnt need some guy standing there going...are you Ellie, or worse barging straight in before she has a chance to speak as some guys do just quickly push past you the second the door is open.

THAT is the only hard part of answering phones in a brothel...getting the information from your mouth, to their ear and it actually registered in their brain. Thankfully most guys dont cause you this much stress though.

I was rude to two men, I call them men as oppose to clients as they are not clients. One constantly calls up and askes for a girl whom HE KNOWS was on the rota the day before, he has been doing it for over a year now and not once come in, I pointed out that I had noticed this very politely several times and he just say "I know darling arent I a silly boy" and laughs so I have finally told him...if your not going to actually book, dont call. Another guy whispers his request for information down the phone in a very creepy way asking for details of one girl, says he will call and book later and never does so I have told him if he wants any information in future..log on and check the website as he wont be getting it down the phone....and he had been calling every day for over a year also.

Sometimes you have to be rude to get the point across, but only if there is a serious point to get across. Manners are free for everyone else who calls.

Answering phones is an easy job, its one of the easiest parts of my job for sure. Its easy to be polite, its easy to be cheerful when you answer the phone, its easy to give all the information the guys need so long as you know it (sometimes out of the ordinary requests have to be checked with a girl before an answer can be given), its easy to give directions to a place you go to every day of your life almost (in my case lol). What isnt easy is getting that information through someones ear sometimes though. An awful lot of guys nowadays I have noticed (this year as opposed to last year) want me to text the address to them and if the phones are very busy its not an option, they get rather stressed sometimes at having to actually take the time to write it down, some dont even do that, they call you from every leg of their journey asking for the entire address so that when the finally arrive at your door you have given them the address around 5 or 6 times. Last year I occasionally had to text an address, this year at least 50% of callers want a text, must be some new smart phone app I guess but I dont always have time.

I am miss happy most of the time but even I have gotten stressed when someone has called me and said, I am at your front door, I have knocked and banged the letterbox but you are not answering. My apartment is not palatial in size, you can hear that through the whole apartment so I have been known to shout "no, thats not our address...STEP AWAY FROM THE DOOR AND DOOOO NOOOOT KNOOOCKKK ON IT AGAIN" out of sheer frustration and panic of who is at the other side of that door e.g...some teenage girl alone at home doesnt need some guy standing there going...are you Ellie, or worse barging straight in before she has a chance to speak as some guys do just quickly push past you the second the door is open.

THAT is the only hard part of answering phones in a brothel...getting the information from your mouth, to their ear and it actually registered in their brain. Thankfully most guys dont cause you this much stress though.

I was rude to two men, I call them men as oppose to clients as they are not clients. One constantly calls up and askes for a girl whom HE KNOWS was on the rota the day before, he has been doing it for over a year now and not once come in, I pointed out that I had noticed this very politely several times and he just say "I know darling arent I a silly boy" and laughs so I have finally told him...if your not going to actually book, dont call. Another guy whispers his request for information down the phone in a very creepy way asking for details of one girl, says he will call and book later and never does so I have told him if he wants any information in future..log on and check the website as he wont be getting it down the phone....and he had been calling every day for over a year also.

Sometimes you have to be rude to get the point across, but only if there is a serious point to get across. Manners are free for everyone else who calls.

yeah, but im nothing like the obsessive compulsive types who cause you such understandable irritation

the rude maid/receptionist was something i came across during my days of utilising many a 'flats' set-up in east london/essex borders, or phone box ad girls in the west end of London

i'd estimate around 50% of the women i dealt with on the phone, pre potential punt, were brusque, completely off putting, money losing, trouble-free customer losing, miserable and impatient hags (and thats putting it politely)

since i now use agencies almost exclusively i thankfully only seem to deal with professional, efficient, helpful, polite, well spoken, patient and informative receptionists

Edited by BillGoldberg

yeah, but im nothing like the obsessive compulsive types who cause you such understandable irritation

the rude maid/receptionist was something i came across during my days of utilising many a 'flats' set-up in east london/essex borders, or phone box ad girls in the west end of London

i'd estimate around 50% of the women i dealt with on the phone, pre potential punt, were brusque, completely off putting, money losing, trouble-free customer losing, miserable and impatient hags (and thats putting it politely)

since i now use agencies almost exclusively i thankfully only seem to deal with professional, efficient, helpful, polite, well spoken, patient and informative receptionists

I dont understand why an establishment owner would keep someone like that on their phones other than they feel are possibly able to trust them as its an area that is often fraught with trust issues

I now rarely use parlours, partly because I like to speak to the lady in person before I decide whether to make an appointment.

I do remember quite a few indifferent maids; I can understand that the job might be boring but in that case go and stack shelves.

I dont understand why an establishment owner would keep someone like that on their phones other than they feel are possibly able to trust them as its an area that is often fraught with trust issues

Perhaps the person has the attribute they most require, the ability to blatantly lie all day long so they keep them on and/or they are family members.

I have always found that if the maid is no good the girls are soon quick to tell the management as they dont want to loose out on bookings. Feedback from the girls is the best way to find out as they will tell you straight away! Some maids sit there smoking fags all day, coughing down the phone and some take thier job seriously and actually enjoy speaking to clients.

As has been pointed out, some maids can be lovely and others downright belligerent - often working for the same organisation. You can either put up and shut up, or walk away. It depends how much you want the punt.

My pet hate with some receptionists is when they call you "Darling" or something similar with a patronising voice when you ring up with a query about a particular girl or to enquire as to the location of the girl's flat. And, why o why are some of them so secretive about the girl's location, particularly when you have to travel a long way to get there? They should follow the example of the excellent HOD who always employ very polite receptionists who are quite happy to give you the address or to text it to you. The latter is often the best particularly if you are ringing from a noisy underground station when it is difficult to hear the exact address. I know that I often "bang the drum" for HOD but they are excellent in so many ways.

It makes a massive difference to me personally. The maid/receptionist is the first point of contact & the public image of the establishment. If the initial impression is negative then I simply don't go any further as it is not a great leap of imagination that if the maid sounds lousy then the establishment is probably going to be likewise.. It costs nothing to be polite although I can appreciate the incredible frustration in dealing with repeated timewasters & abusive callers. A helpful efficient honest maid makes a huge difference to the fortunes of an establishment.

Donna of Sensations in Maidenhead is a case in point. You could not get a more friendly or helpful girl - either on the phone or in person. I recently had to reschedule at pretty short notice (genuine reason) and she could not have been more helpful in juggling times to accomodate me later in the day. I was going to write "she bent over backwards to accomodate me" but on second thoughts...........

A good maid is worth her weight in gold and as an earlier punter said the girls soon cotton on if she is bringing in business or intimidating potential clients.

A very very long time ago an agency receptionist described a girl like a bond girl....tall, tanned, beautiful, legs that went on forever and a size double D.....what arrived at my hotel room was something that resembled the yeti's mother......

Twice

Once when a girl I liked moved from one agency to another. I decided to book her. Phoned the Agency. Asked if she was working. She was. So thought I'd confirm if it was the same girl who'd worked at ther other agency under name X. Receptionist had no idea, "you'll have to ask her yourself"

95% sure it was. But decided not to book.

The other time was when a girl announced she would be working about 10 days later. "She's a popular girl so Book now to avoid disappointment" proclaimed the website. Phoned up and the receptionist said "she's away, you'll need to book on the day" When I mentioned the website text. She audibly got the hump and told me to ring nearer the time, needless to say when I tried a week later. She was fully booked...

Smiths from one in the industry to one not in the industry I can tell you it's highly likely more the trust issue. Any twat can fib on the phone but not every receptionist can be relied on to be honest as to which bookings have been filled and how much cash has been taken . That teamed with an owner who gives less of a shit than they should x

No its not just you, i have had many problems with maids and receptionists over the years, the primary one being the lying with the sole intent of getting me to the punt and hoping i think with my dick and punt whatever.

Good SPs have helpful maids/receptionists as they realise it pays them to have them as they are the first point of contact that a punter is likely to have with their Establishment. Return custom is what most SPs want so to even get to achieve this they need to impress the punter enough initially with his questions.

For me just being directed back to the SPs site is not good enough, i require phone confirmation that what i require is definitely still on offer as advertised at the price advertised and their arent any non advertised extras. I have no problem if they wont discuss any of this, i just go elsewhere, they advertise for punters so to me i need to ask them questions to assess things.

Some seem to be selected on having one attribute, the ability to shamelessly lie, i imagine they are either born with this or they get on-the-job training from their bosses to hone the bollocks to perfection.

When you locate an honest one its great on the other hand as trust is built up and sometimes they even recommend WGs to you as they know your tastes so when its like that they can be a great asset to an Establishment. Always helps to be able to speak and understand English when answering the phone advertising in an English speaking country i find, obviously the most basic common sense to my mind. I have had a few problems with those that didnt understand what i was asking.

So in my opinion a good maid/receptionist can be a great asset or a big liability.

great post and so true new punters should cut out and keep this advice . The speaks good english should be compulsory.

I've had many and varied experiences with maids / receptionists over time. Good 'uns are worth their weight in gold - bad ones will kill trade off. If I experience the former, I will congratulate them when I arrive, because they have helped persuade me that establishment is where I should be spending my hard earned. I was waiting for a regular a couple of years ago and heard the maid on the phone to an enquiring punter and - I kid you not - she said " we've got 2 girls...a blonde and a brunette", what discerning punter is going to bother taking that further???

Good..or bad staff - down to the owner / management to sort it.