snogman1

Girls Lying About Dress Size

61 posts in this topic

I am getting increasingly irritated by girls who claim to be slim (dress size 10 or below), but then when i turn up are more like a dress size 14 or above.

I never go through with the booking, and tell the girls they are too big as i am now experienced enough to have the confience to walk, but i wondr why girls bother, as i'd assume most guys do exactly as i do. So girls, why bull shit about your dress size?

I'll bite. Some girls are small and have a thicker waist but will still fit a size ten yet you wouldn't instantly describe them as "slim". Some girls are tall with a defined waist but wear a 14 and you would call them slim. For example, Plus Size Model Erika Demmer is definitely what I call slim, but far off skinny. Then there are the skinny fat girls - they fit the smaller size but don't exercise and are squishy, while an athletic girl will need a bigger size but not appear to do so because everything is very toned. And THEN there is the issue of "whose size 10 are we talking about"? I have three different clothing sizes in my wardrobe depending on where I bought them. Would measurements be more helpful? I guess it's like with age - you just have to add on a bit in your head.

I prefer honesty myself but I guess that some girls feel they just need to get the guy in the door, especially if she is just starting out and trying to build up a client base. Taking off one size I guess you can get away with but more than that is a bit much. Mind you, I would hate to think the client is not that into me and staying out of politeness, so I wouldn't do that myself anyway.

Depends how tall you are as well. I'm 5 foot 9 in my bare feet. So a size 16 for me isnt exactly massive, whereas on girl of 5 foot 2, that might be a bit hefty. I have a few size 14 things that fit, and other things are a 16 or 18. Is not exact science.

I'll bite. Some girls are small and have a thicker waist but will still fit a size ten yet you wouldn't instantly describe them as "slim". Some girls are tall with a defined waist but wear a 14 and you would call them slim. For example, Plus Size Model Erika Demmer is definitely what I call slim, but far off skinny. Then there are the skinny fat girls - they fit the smaller size but don't exercise and are squishy, while an athletic girl will need a bigger size but not appear to do so because everything is very toned. And THEN there is the issue of "whose size 10 are we talking about"? I have three different clothing sizes in my wardrobe depending on where I bought them. Would measurements be more helpful? I guess it's like with age - you just have to add on a bit in your head.

I prefer honesty myself but I guess that some girls feel they just need to get the guy in the door, especially if she is just starting out and trying to build up a client base. Taking off one size I guess you can get away with but more than that is a bit much. Mind you, I would hate to think the client is not that into me and staying out of politeness, so I wouldn't do that myself anyway.

Don't know, can't see the point in it. Do however identify with RB's comments. I don't actually know what dress size I am currently I can wear 8 trousers, 10 jeans but on top I'm different because I have a broad back. Some tens fit, some 12s don't. Men still describe me as slim, I don't have cellulite and am still firmer than a lot of smaller women. Not too long ago I was very well defined, a bit skinny even with ribs all showing yet still could only just get into a size 10 top. I'm also short so the height factor doesn't correlate with me, I usually appear 1 size smaller and 1 stone lighter than I actually am(for some reason a size 12-14 can still look slim on me even at just under 5'4").

I have however seen photos on websites that make me think heck if that's a whatever I must be a size zero. I say look at the photos if you like the girl, are attracted to her go for it. If not then don't. I've lost bookings because I've said "By the way I'm bigger or smaller than my last set of pics", but the guy has usually come back a little later having either seen updated images or decided he likes my honesty. Then of course some photos are airbrushed or very old. A mine field really. I remember flat hunting some time back, getting fed up of cleverly taken/editted photos. At the time I was reminded of more than one thread on this very forum.

On the same subject I find most ladies don't list anything smaller than a B Cup, yet I know they are out there.

Edited by Strawberry

I always go through with the booking no matter how the lady looks when I turn up.

There was a thing on the news recently on how clothing sizes differ drastically from shop to shop but all carry the same label.

So he might fit into size 10 clothes in a particular shop and a different size in another shop.

I'm an 8 on top and a 10 on the bottom cause I don't have a flat arse but my dress size varies from 8 to 10 depending on the cut of the clothing.

I am getting increasingly irritated by girls who claim to be slim (dress size 10 or below), but then when i turn up are more like a dress size 14 or above.

I never go through with the booking, and tell the girls they are too big as i am now experienced enough to have the confience to walk, but i wondr why girls bother, as i'd assume most guys do exactly as i do. So girls, why bull shit about your dress size?

That is quite an incredible size gap 10 or below to 14 or above.

Funnily enough whenever I see size 14 profiled my mind automatically kicks into gear - expect to meet a size 16 or above

I always go through with the booking no matter how the lady looks when I turn up.

Which is why such lying continues. All liars rely on punters thinking with their dick, i did for years so it works. Nowadays i am more fussy and i would walk if i didnt fancy the real her and i always get confirmation of dress size i dont just take what a site/profile says and rely on what they say.

I always think the dress size thing is funny territory because no girl is the same as any other and yet we are all supposed to fit the same criteria for dress sizes. I say I am a size 16 because of the size of my chest, but the bits below are not in proportion to a size 16. The thing is - I am happy to be a size 16. It's lovely being me :) And to endorse what lovelyslut says - height makes a massive difference too.

You say you think I am a nice person but you would not see me would you because of my dress size, and yet, when I am with my clients I never see any of them complain about my curves. In fact they do just the opposite - they embrace them.

I get the impression that you have become too blase about your punting and look upon the girls you see more as a commodity than an human being... could be wrong, but that's how some of your posts come across.

Also another point in general and not pointed at you... the guys who only see skinny girls and vice versa are missing out on a whole lot of fun IMHO

I suspect that your thinking is that a size 10 girl should, in theory, be slim or slimmish. My general philosophy is not to book a girl unless I can work out from one or more photos that she is size 6/8/10/12 or whatever claimed. Doesnt always work as you can cheat and 'stretch' photos in photoshop to make dumpy girls look less dumpy!

As Sarah points out it's strange territory, often distored by boob size or if pear shaped. And I know what she means about missing out - luckily I've met Sarah (twice), her photos are honest, unlike some WGs, and she definitely ticked my boxes.

At the end of the day, the dress size is merely a guide. You have to decide if there is enough information to ensure the lady fits your criteria.

give me a curvy 12/14 over a girl way too thin any day...

give me a curvy 12/14 over a girl way too thin any day...

Yeah but you'd like to know that in the first place wouldn't you?

Yeah but you'd like to know that in the first place wouldn't you?

Yes, fair point...

It's a well known fact that over the last 10 years clothing manufacturers have been labling larger sizes with smaller numbers. A size 14 in 2002 is now labled size 12, a size 12 is now a 10 etc. it's a marketing thing. Perhaps we should start asking for measurements ? years ago a 36/24/36 lady was considered to be perfectly proportioned but I have no idea what 'size' that would actually relate to.

It's a well known fact that over the last 10 years clothing manufacturers have been labling larger sizes with smaller numbers. A size 14 in 2002 is now labled size 12, a size 12 is now a 10 etc. it's a marketing thing. Perhaps we should start asking for measurements ? years ago a 36/24/36 lady was considered to be perfectly proportioned but I have no idea what 'size' that would actually relate to.

If she's 5'6" tops, yeah, otherwise a bit thin, no?

And they'd cheat on the measurements too. Just like you'd overstate your French skills on a CV, people do it all the time. Only way to stop it is to politely say "sorry, you are not what you stated, I'll have to pass" and maybe pointing it out on a review. But be nice, if she's lying about her size she probably is a bit insecure about herself and I've got more than one utterly eating disordered friend who started going wonky with her food because some idiot called her fat and ugly.

Lycra has a lot to answer for! :)

It is the best thing ever when it comes to clothes..... everything is so.... comfortable!

Not too many years ago lycra was only available in sports clothes but now it helps our

jeans to fit like a skin and give us comfort and movement..... skirts, tops and dresses

they nearly all have lycra stretch and although I love it ... it does mean that we can put

some weight on and yet still get into those clothes and it could be easy to convince ourselves we are the

same size we used to be when we are not.... because those clothes still go on and we continue

to wear them. I try hard to maintain my weight and size but it is not easy. I know ladies who eat like

horses but stay trim.... I am not one of those.

The best test for being honest with ourselves is to wear non lycra for a while.... no stretch so

we know what is tight and what cuts into to us.

Long live lycra but it is a double edge sword (sod) of an invention. :wacko:

Edited by ADELE

If she's 5'6" tops, yeah, otherwise a bit thin, no?

And they'd cheat on the measurements too. Just like you'd overstate your French skills on a CV, people do it all the time. Only way to stop it is to politely say "sorry, you are not what you stated, I'll have to pass" and maybe pointing it out on a review. But be nice, if she's lying about her size she probably is a bit insecure about herself and I've got more than one utterly eating disordered friend who started going wonky with her food because some idiot called her fat and ugly.

Yes sadly an ex friend of mine continually belittled his partner about her weight and in front of me and other friends. Despite telling him he was out of order he continued to do it till she left him and i met her by chance a couple of years ago and she said she was married, had kids and was happy, looking back on that time as the worst of her life. He really was a prick, we all told him to fuck off in the end.

Yes sadly an ex friend of mine continually belittled his partner about her weight and in front of me and other friends. Despite telling him he was out of order he continued to do it till she left him and i met her by chance a couple of years ago and she said she was married, had kids and was happy, looking back on that time as the worst of her life. He really was a prick, we all told him to fuck off in the end.

Getting slightly off topic but...... in my local newspaper last week was a report of a lady in her 40's who died.... she had battled anorexia for 20 years.

I thought that was so sad..... as it must have been triggered by some awful experience in the girl's life and it often is a simple comment from an individual

which sparks a lifetime of self loathing and starvation.

Lycra has a lot to answer for! :)

It is the best thing ever when it comes to clothes..... everything is so.... comfortable!

Not too many years ago lycra was only available in sports clothes but now it helps our

jeans to fit like a skin and give us comfort and movement..... skirts, tops and dresses

they nearly all have lycra stretch and although I love it ... it does mean that we can put

some weight on and yet still get into those clothes and it could be easy to convince ourselves we are the

same size we used to be when we are not.... because those clothes still go on and we continue

to wear them. I try hard to maintain my weight and size but it is not easy. I know ladies who eat like

horses but stay trim.... I am not one of those.

The best test for being honest with ourselves is to wear non lycra for a while.... no stretch so

we know what is tight and what cuts into to us.

Long live lycra but it is a double edge sword (sod) of an invention. :wacko:

This can work both ways. When I've shrunk lycra has contracted to fit, clothes without this addition became too loose, and looked really stupid when I still thought it'd be my usual dress size.

I always think the dress size thing is funny territory because no girl is the same as any other and yet we are all supposed to fit the same criteria for dress sizes. I say I am a size 16 because of the size of my chest, but the bits below are not in proportion to a size 16. The thing is - I am happy to be a size 16. It's lovely being me :) And to endorse what lovelyslut says - height makes a massive difference too.

You say you think I am a nice person but you would not see me would you because of my dress size, and yet, when I am with my clients I never see any of them complain about my curves. In fact they do just the opposite - they embrace them.

I get the impression that you have become too blase about your punting and look upon the girls you see more as a commodity than an human being... could be wrong, but that's how some of your posts come across.

Also another point in general and not pointed at you... the guys who only see skinny girls and vice versa are missing out on a whole lot of fun IMHO

You seem to have mis-judged me, read my OP again. It is the lying i hate, i never made any comment about whether i would refuse to see a woman who was honest about her dress size!

You seem to have mis-judged me, read my OP again. It is the lying i hate, i never made any comment about whether i would refuse to see a woman who was honest about her dress size!

do yo ask to check the clothes labels in her wardrobe before you do your (by the sounds of it rather regular) turn around and walk away or do you go by your vast experience and assume your guestimate is correct and un-arguable

I tend to buy all my clothes on line from Karen Millen.

I am a size 10 skirt, size 3 top, and have to squash my boobs in to one of their size 12 dresses, but then it is usually slightly too big on my hips/waist.

A few years ago I had a thing for Per Una clothes, I was a size 8/10 skirt there and a size 14 on top.

All shops have their own sizing policy.

Being an 8 or a 18 in a certain shop would not bother me as long as the clothes fitted.

In answer to the OPS question, why do they lie.......

All us ladies have given you examples of how sizing can vary from shop to shop.

I have in my minds eye what a size 10/12/14/16 should look like, but what you think they look like may differ to my eye, get what I mean?

So maybe not all are lying, but then I am sure some are economical with the truth.

I can not see the point personally as there is a market for all sizes out there.

Lucy :)

Edited by Lucy7

"...Is not exact science..."

And a mystery to men! :D

Its not the most important criteria to me, I must say.

Services, how far they are and personality are more important by far.

Fair enough. Was not getting at you btw :)