Dexi Delite

Technology

18 posts in this topic

I state on my profile on the other site that I prefer to be contacted by phone as texts and emails can sometimes go missing and who ever sends them is none the wiser if the recipient hasn't received them until it's too late. Such is the case today. I've just had a text from someone saying they sent me an email on the 25th and why haven't I replied. I had a look and I haven't received the email he is talking about (even though he has received my automated response???). I have politely told him that I prefer calls, so that there is no misunderstandings when technology fails. He was ok with that, but I do feel we rely a little too much on technology sometimes and that the old ways are usually the best.

He was ok with that, but I do feel we rely a little too much on technology sometimes and that the old ways are usually the best.

When a lady makes the effort to indicate how she likes to be contacted, punters (always assuming they can read, which the recent kerfuffle about GCSE English grades suggests cannot always be taken for granted) if they hope that the lady will agree to receive them, should follow her wishes. "Simples" as the exasperating TV commercial says!

It should, however, be recognised that that other well known adult site has an internal e-mail system, which does provide the useful facility of allowing the sender of an e-mail to see when his message has been read by the recipient (or in many EE cases, by the person operating the profile).

I can't see your email address on your website, only a phone number.

A friend of mine in the last week sent a couple of emails to make contact with someone they wished to do business with. On following this up after no response, the person at the other end claims they never received either email which was sent, they made arrangements by telephone in the end.

Things do go missing and asking for acknowledgment, or making a quick phone call usually sorts everything out. I've had text confirmations go missing then come through 5 hours later, during a text exchange with a reliable regular we managed to lose a reply to a question the other week which caused a bit of a problem, but since we already know each other we also knew there must be a problem.

Of course the O2 disaster 6 weeks ago ruled out phone calls and a lot of liaisons had to be resolved by back-up, back-up methods!

Booking forms on independent websites can also be a nightmare, enter a typo and the person will never be able to reply. Then there's Yahoo! who for a while blanket blocked hotmail, or anything which sounded adult-themed. Meant some guys would phone me the day before to ask why I'd not responded to their email requesting a booking. Err, ask Yahoo!.

Edited by Strawberry

It isn't too difficult for a punter to read the lady's preference and then follow her desires. Those who fail to follow such simple rules are, I guess, less likely to be good punters. Just a thought!

It isn't too difficult for a punter to read the lady's preference and then follow her desires. Those who fail to follow such simple rules are, I guess, less likely to be good punters. Just a thought!

...or perhaps an Eager Beaver ;)

just call call call all the time.................I know someone whose job is to sit on her ass all day and respond to emails, so then thinks if she hasn't heard from me within zero point two seconds it's a major incident on the scale of an earthquake in los angeles. PS most people don't sit glued to a computer all day maessing with in boxes, I find most people who are have too much time on their hands. xxxxxxxxx

I can't see your email address on your website, only a phone number.

A friend of mine in the last week sent a couple of emails to make contact with someone they wished to do business with. On following this up after no response, the person at the other end claims they never received either email which was sent, they made arrangements by telephone in the end.

Things do go missing and asking for acknowledgment, or making a quick phone call usually sorts everything out. I've had text confirmations go missing then come through 5 hours later, during a text exchange with a reliable regular we managed to lose a reply to a question the other week which caused a bit of a problem, but since we already know each other we also knew there must be a problem.

Of course the O2 disaster 6 weeks ago ruled out phone calls and a lot of liaisons had to be resolved by back-up, back-up methods!

Booking forms on independent websites can also be a nightmare, enter a typo and the person will never be able to reply. Then there's Yahoo! who for a while blanket blocked hotmail, or anything which sounded adult-themed. Meant some guys would phone me the day before to ask why I'd not responded to their email requesting a booking. Err, ask Yahoo!.

Hence why there is no email address on my own site. Much less confusion. :)

...or perhaps an Eager Beaver ;)

I have had on the rare occasion guys ring and ask me things that are clearly stated on my sites, and when I've pointed that out to them they've apologised and told me they've just seen my pics and didn't get any further. :) So you're probably right on that one Superego.

Emails are sometimes marked as junk mail by spam filters. I have a number of filters on my POP accounts that sort emails into different inboxes dependent upon the subject matter. It may be that your missing emails are buried in a junk folder somewhere.

I state on my profile on the other site that I prefer to be contacted by phone as texts and emails can sometimes go missing and who ever sends them is none the wiser if the recipient hasn't received them until it's too late. Such is the case today. I've just had a text from someone saying they sent me an email on the 25th and why haven't I replied. I had a look and I haven't received the email he is talking about (even though he has received my automated response???). I have politely told him that I prefer calls, so that there is no misunderstandings when technology fails. He was ok with that, but I do feel we rely a little too much on technology sometimes and that the old ways are usually the best.

I certainly agree and apart from now having the flexibility of a mobile phone i ring to make my enquiries and bookings as i have been for nearly 30 years. I will text a regular if thats what she prefers as trust has been built up but for a newbie to me always a phone call. I never use email for punting. :)

I hate mobile phones, and curse their invention, maybe coming form a generation where the written word was the best way to comminucate says much.

I try to always ensure that my bookings are dealt with via pm's or e-mails, though I do sometimes have to get out the mobile phone to text someone, but its hard for me to assume that its been sent and not just floating about in cyberspace somewhere. as its hard for me to understand how a signal from me to someone can be recieved when our phones are not connected.

That said, I also use public phone boxes when I have to speak to someone, its so much simplier than using a bit of plastic.

All answer's to Box no 458 with a SAE for a reply please.

Oh how I long to returm to the days of hand written letters and a daily second post delivery :(

I used to enjoy the thrill of writing and receiving letters, so much scope and personality were to be found in the way the person wrote, and the standard of English was by far more adventurous then.

Nowadys all the post service deliver is bills, information leaflets I dont want, and junk mail from advertisers. bah.

I used to have three pen frinds in differant countries that I could communicate with on a weekly basis, nowadys I get a message from one of them via e-mail, its sad to think that this is the way of progress.

Oh how I long to returm to the days of hand written letters and a daily second post delivery :(

Round my way we still get the second delivery, about 1:30pm.

It's the first one we don't get.

And another thing, when you try sticking down an air mail letter, you know the blue one that you have to fold up and tuck in, that the sticky gum is not anything like how sticky it used to be, I dont know what type of substance they use on them nowadays, not only do theynot seem to stick all that well, but its taste is revolting.

I feel sorry for the poor postie, as his bag seems so much heavier than used to be the case, we have a sticker on the door saying no junk letters accepted, niot that he takes any notice of it, just sticks any old crap into out letter box.

the sticky gum is not anything like how sticky it used to be, I dont know what type of substance they use on them nowadays,

It used to be simple gum but now it's hallucinogenic stuff. If you lick it too much you will come out in a sweat.

It used to be simple gum but now it's hallucinogenic stuff. If you lick it too much you will come out in a sweat.

go to the gum clinic then....

go to the gum clinic then....

classic reply I like it..... :D :D :D

I state on my profile on the other site that I prefer to be contacted by phone as texts and emails can sometimes go missing and who ever sends them is none the wiser if the recipient hasn't received them until it's too late.

I insist on a confirmation email and call. ( whichever comes first the second must follow.) Emails are also traceable to an individual by the autorities should the need ever arrive. Texts are fine as an ice breaker and to discreetly discuss and alter the arrangements - until the bells start ringing with the underware/what we gonna do questions start. You can request a 'message recieved' with many email providers. The thing is ...whatever works for you works!