Holly Maddison

Girls At Risk Touring Scotland.. Is This True?

19 posts in this topic

I wondered if this was a rumour or whether anybody else has any knowledge of it. I moderate on another forum and today there were posts warning girls not to tour Scotland. They said the police are vetting the purple site for information, confiscating takings and making their names public in the newspapers. one lady said that she had received a warning email from a client who was also in the force saying as much too.

I know in the past that things like this have been said by girls in an effort to keep touring girls out of their area, but I know the lady that said she has recieved this email is a genuine lady and can be trusted, if it is true its worrying, so I wondered if anyone else has heard anything so that I can pass the info on.

Thanks for your time.

Holly x

I doubt very much this is true, it sounds like a ploy to keep touring girls away I think.

I've certainly not heard anything or seen anything in the media

Edited by Java

So far as I know, this is restricted to Grampian Police (in effect Aberdeen) area. What has been reported is that a pair of police will arrive, if punter present, send him packing, and then count the lady's money, and hand it back to her. They then interview her on video, requiring full civvy details.

They then leave, mentioning that the hotel management / landlord of serviced appartment has asked them to tell her to leave immediately. They also hint that if the lady had rung them up in advance and warned them of her tour, they wouldn't have needed to bother her. I don't think anybody has yet tried that one out.

You should understand that this system is not in any way to suggest that a single, un-pimped, non-brothel indie is doing anything illegal. The polis are concerned, purely, for the welfare of the ladies, and, of course, so that they can swiftly identify any WG whose bedraggled body is hooked out of the harbour (which is not often in Aberdeen in contrast to Glasgow)

There is a full, and semi-official, web-page setting out this Grampian "policy" on an Aberdeen Drug users' web-site (underlining, of course, that all WGs are druggies!!!). If I can find it again, I'll post it.

PS - I've found it! Go to http://www.quayservices.co.uk/scottish.law.html and Grampian's "policy" is the last item.

Edited by Irgendeiner

I wondered if this was a rumour or whether anybody else has any knowledge of it. I moderate on another forum and today there were posts warning girls not to tour Scotland. They said the police are vetting the purple site for information, confiscating takings and making their names public in the newspapers. one lady said that she had received a warning email from a client who was also in the force saying as much too.

I know in the past that things like this have been said by girls in an effort to keep touring girls out of their area, but I know the lady that said she has recieved this email is a genuine lady and can be trusted, if it is true its worrying, so I wondered if anyone else has heard anything so that I can pass the info on.

U

Thanks for your time.n

Holly x

I am just wondering this is being stirred up due to the Press and Journal, the local paper, running articles on the Aberdeen Sex Industry, all this week. Seems a bit of a coincidence to me.

So far as I know, this is restricted to Grampian Police (in effect Aberdeen) area. What has been reported is that a pair of police will arrive, if punter present, send him packing, and then count the lady's money, and hand it back to her. They then interview her on video, requiring full civvy details.

They then leave, mentioning that the hotel management / landlord of serviced appartment has asked them to tell her to leave immediately. They also hint that if the lady had rung them up in advance and warned them of her tour, they wouldn't have needed to bother her. I don't think anybody has yet tried that one out.

You should understand that this system is not in any way to suggest that a single, un-pimped, non-brothel indie is doing anything illegal. The polis are concerned, purely, for the welfare of the ladies, and, of course, so that they can swiftly identify any WG whose bedraggled body is hooked out of the harbour (which is not often in Aberdeen in contrast to Glasgow)

There is a full, and semi-official, web-page setting out this Grampian "policy" on an Aberdeen Drug users' web-site (underlining, of course, that all WGs are druggies!!!). If I can find it again, I'll post it.

PS - I've found it! Go to ... Grampian's "policy" is the last item.

Thank you, I have passed the information on although your link doesn't work.

Holly x

I have passed the information on although your link doesn't work.

Sorry! I don't know what I'm doing wrong with links, but my thanks to Punter992005 for doing it right!

Given the way they go about things, why on earth would anybody believe that??

why on earth would anybody believe that??

Didn't your mummy tell you that you should ALWAYS believe what a policeman says?

Thank you, I have passed the information on although your link doesn't work.

Holly x

I can confirm that as far as we know, the behaviour described is confined to the Grampian region and there

have been arrests and charges brought.

I strongly suggest that if you are going to Aberdeen, you work alone and within the law.

I can confirm that as far as we know, the behaviour described is confined to the Grampian region and there

have been arrests and charges brought.

I strongly suggest that if you are going to Aberdeen, you work alone and within the law.

And to remember that in Scotland (unlike England) you DO have to give them your name and address when asked, but to my knowledge, you are within your rights to tell them to stick their camera up their noses

Didn't your mummy tell you that you should ALWAYS believe what a policeman says?

No. I can vaguely remember her suggesting that if my behaviour didn't improve she might summon the aid of the nearest policeman. But something about the way she said it suggested that it was so he would most likely perform several acts of violence on my person, rather than better my spiritual welfare by a prolonged bout of truth telling.

Edited by jackdaw

PS - I've found it! Go to ... Grampian's "policy" is the last item.

This is a very clear Abuse of Authority by the Officers Involved.

They have no legal authority to turf the women out, count their money, collect their photos and private details.

They only get away with this illegal behaviour because it is not challenged, Grampian sounds like the Met was in the past.

I have been told that a lady in Inverness had a visit from plod yesterday too.

They ran a check and took her passport details, she was left very shaken up.

This is a very clear Abuse of Authority by the Officers Involved.

They have no legal authority to turf the women out, count their money, collect their photos and private details.

They only get away with this illegal behaviour because it is not challenged, Grampian sounds like the Met was in the past.

(I'm obviously doing something wrong, but when I click on "quote" I don't get no quotes, so the above is manually quoted, if you see what I'm trying to mean.)

I tend to agree - where I'd be very interested to see the shit hit fan is from an aggreived punter, who paid his money, didn't get his end away and then had CRO searches made against him - trouble is he's never going to dare to try it!

Where, however, I think there is widespread ignorance is in the landlord/hotelier telling the lady to pack her bags and go, NOW! I guess that most ladies doing a tour from a hotel book, in advance, on-line, paying by plastic, and there and then concluding the contract, according to whatever terms of contract are notified. IMHO, the lady is then entitled to have the use and enjoyment of the room for the whole of the period paid for, unless and until she breaches the terms of the contract of hebergement.

Has anyone seen the terms of such a contract recently? I haven't! Last year, I approached the duty manager of a trad, but up market hotel in Edinburgh's New Town, and asked him on what terms he let rooms. All he could point out to me was the terms of the statute which protects the inn-keeper from liability if his guests property is stolen. I think that hotel managers are always concerned for their house's reputation (thinks - the Cumberland Hotel at Marble Arch - in my childhood it was made clear to me that any woman who entered there has to be a whore) and think that they can throw any guest whose activity displeases them out. I do not think this is true.

What I think we need is an attractive lady who does Tarot* readings, to be visited in her suite by a series of men, and then get thrown out. She could probably not just sue, but also read a very unpleasant death for the Manager as well.

* Given that the Tarot are the devil's toys, the ladies who read them are almost always going to be very bewitching, and, indeed, they might lead their clients to come a'whoring after false gods.

IPC investigation if the Police do not:

• act with honesty and integrity, fairness and impartiality
  • treat members of the public and their colleagues with respect
  • not abuse their powers and authority
  • act in a manner that does not discredit or undermine public confidence in the police service.

Misconduct in Public Office

Edited by WykeTyke

• act with honesty and integrity, fairness and impartiality
  • treat members of the public and their colleagues with respect
  • not abuse their powers and authority
  • act in a manner that does not discredit or undermine public confidence in the police service.

Misconduct in Public Office

Although the right procedure. One cannot expect the IPCC to be off assist. They usually work in the interets of the police rather than against them.

IPC, I think, covers things in Anglo-England (and maybe Wales)? Presumably we have something similar, but less effective?

There is an interesting thread on the Legalities and Legislation board called "Police harassment?" dating from April 2010 in which Laura Lee posted this very helpful background information:

Posted 07 December 2011 - 18:20

...... and now we have it in black and white.

Grampian Police are under duty to respond to any concerns regarding criminal activity from members of the public. If someone e.g. housekeeping/hotel staff, neighbours etc alert the Police to any activity that is deemed by them as suspicious e.g. different individuals coming to and from a flat, different women coming and going from a flat, noises that would indicate that the property was being used for sex etc, then the Police may visit the property.

This is because they are looking for any criminal activity related to prostitution and looking to ensure the safety of off-street sex workers.

Their main concerns include:

• Ensuring women’s safety
  • Ensuring that there is no coercion/force i.e. human trafficking and making sure that the women present are working of their own free will
  • Confirmation of identity i.e. women are who they say they are
  • The prevention of bigger crimes - Grampian Police are of the opinion that this method of engaging with off-street sex workers may help to prevent larger scale crimes such as robberies and attacks on women by punters. It is hoped that by building a better rapport and trust with Grampian Police, women may feel more comfortable and able to inform Police about crimes committed against them, and ultimately feel more protected by Grampian Police.
  • Grampian Police are keen to share information with off-street sex workers regarding dodgy punters and also wish to provide safety advice.

If the Police do come to your door, they will be looking to ascertain that you are working of your own free will and that you are working within the boundaries of the law. The main objective of the Police is to establish that women are working of their own free will and are not being commercially sexually exploited.

What normally happens next is that the Police will take your photograph – they do this because if something happened to you then they would be able to identify you more quickly and would help inform their investigation. The photograph is only seen by a small team of Officers who are working within the sex industry department of Grampian Police.

The Police will also take your contact details and run them through the Police National Computer (PNC check), a computer database system that is used by law enforcement agencies across the UK. They are looking for any outstanding warrants or any previous criminal convictions that they should be aware of. This is no different to what happens with ‘on-street’ sex workers.

If you are with a punter when Grampian Police turn up, they also will take a photograph and personal details from the punter (if he/she is present at the time of the Police visit). The punter’s details are also run through the PNC. This is also for your safety, to ensure that the punter is not a dangerous criminal or is wanted by the Police.

As long as there is no evidence of criminal activity or brothel keeping, then the Police will take no action. After Grampian Police have visited and are satisfied that you are working independently, they will ask you to call or text them next time that you are working in Aberdeen. This is because: if a hotel or serviced flat, for example, do contact them again with the same issues such as men coming to and from the property, then they will be able to confirm that you are not doing anything illegal. Then it is up to the individual establishment to decide whether they wish to take any action, such as asking you to leave.

The decision to ask you to leave is made by the venue and not at the insistence of Grampian Police, unless they have had a specific complaint.

Grampian Police wish to establish a good rapport with women working in prostitution. They want to help prevent crimes happening against you e.g. punter robberies, brothel involvement etc. By communicating with the Police about when you are working in Aberdeen, they endeavour to be able to pass onto you any information that is relevant to your wellbeing, such as giving details of a dodgy punter for you to look out for. And vice versa.

That passage is taken from this leaflet issues by Quay Services in Aberdeen.

Does anyone know if this practice statement is still valid or has now been updated in any way?