randombird

Blessed Be The Ignore Function...

48 posts in this topic

... suddenly I feel like I can stop banging my head against a brick wall. Great idea from whoever set up the site, well done!

I wonder whom you have ignored, now let me think ^_^

Just realised this may be better placed in Off Topic, sorry mods!

I've been a member of this site for over 2 years and, while there have been people who have annoyed or irritated me, I have never felt the need to put anyone on ignore until the last few days. There are just some toxic people in this world who manage to ooze unpleasantness even when they might not mean to. And if you ladies are thinking of the same guy that I am then I don't think he means to be unpleasant, it is just something that happens whenever he comments on a thread. It gets wearing in the end.

So if you 'ignore' someone their post just don't appear? Can they see what I say though?

No idea if they can see but I can't see their posts or any of their private messages - sorted.

No idea if they can see but I can't see their posts or any of their private messages - sorted.

Unfortunately you can still see their posts if they are quoted by another.

I have never put anyone on ignore. I just... ignore. :)

Can they see what I say though?

Yes they can, as you have ignored them, not they you.

Where/how do i do it?

Found it thanks

Edited by wudsy

I have only felt the need to put one person on iggy all these years, unfortunately a very.prolific poster that gets quoted A LOT!

Also finally had to give in and log in on my phone insteAD of just reading without, ignore does not work unless logged in!

From Desiderata....

" Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others.

Even the dull and ignorant, for they too have their story".

From Desiderata....

" Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others.

Even the dull and ignorant, for they too have their story".

Very valid quote. Even idiots have a point of view.

Very valid quote. Even idiots have a point of view.

And if not the idiots can always quote someone.... :eek:

Edited by spklors

Never used it myself, i prefer to have it out with a poster i dont agree with. Been tempted a number of times though especially when sneaks have sent me unsolicited PMs making unproven allegations about others not having the gumption to post about it themselves but thinking i would. I play my own tune, not sing to others unless i happen to agree with them.

Children in playgrounds do this, i thought this was an adult site. Shame on those who use this facility.

I'm changing my profile name to 'Ignore'.

Have tried Ignoring myself.

'You cannot ignore this member'.

So now you know... :(

Children in playgrounds do this, i thought this was an adult site. Shame on those who use this facility.

They do it because there is often no reasoning with kids, some people on here are the same, so I prefer not to get angry and frustrated at them and ignore. And I mainly use it because I no longer want PMs from certain people. The shame should be on those that will not take no for an answer like a grown up should.

Edited by randombird

So if you 'ignore' someone their post just don't appear?

Where there post would appear it says "this post by has been hidden as you have chosen to ignore them. Do you wish to view it anyway?"

Clicking on the link provided allows you to selectively let your curiosity get the better of you.

Myself and another member were told to put each other on ignore once whilst we were on the naughty step lol, we still are...I prefer it that way. I have to say there are a few who I would like to put on ignore simply because of the repitition of their posts and that fact that I would get to the last comment a lot faster if their loooong posts disappeared but I have rarely actually done it...its too tempting to click the view post anyway lol.x

Gotta say chloe the long repetitive is the reason why I did, does not make for easy reading on the phone, that and instead of translating type to words in my head all that seems to process is the word blah blah blah over and over

my experience being moderator on another forum is that the ignore function can be a helpful tool to keep people who will never agree or always wind each other up from polluting threads with constant arguments.

Some of us like to see a good arguemant take place on the screen before us....FIGHT!.

Some of us like to see a good arguemant take place on the screen before us....FIGHT!.

You are so naughty :)

I don't like it when threads degenerate into bullying though...