Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ik8133

Would You Go?

33 posts in this topic

Sorry if this is a bit morbid, but it kind of intrigues me.

You have learnt that one of your favourite clients/WGs has passed away, would you go to their funeral, taking into account that you know their real name?

Edited by ik8133

If I knew them sufficiently well to know their real name then probably yes.

+1

If I "knew" her enough, then I would like to pay my respects.

However, I dont think it would be approriate if I did actually turn up to the funeral.

I'd perhaps probably go after her family and friends have held her funeral and left.

then I go and Id lay an anonymous bunch of flowers... or a box of chocs or strawberries..

So Id be the strange man standing in the distance in a suit and dark glass, looking on from afar...

Edited by Overworked

Exactly so. It would be shameful not to go.

Hi,

Ohh i hope its never happened but i will if he is not married. Dont like to cause the problems. :unsure:

xxx

Only if I knew her well enough to have seen her "outside of the worhplace". Otherwise who are you going to say who you are, or how you knew her if any of her friends or family asked?

No, almost definitely not. In my opinion the only purpose in going to any funeral is to support the grieving family and close friends. If I did not know the friends and family then I would not go. Let's face it the person being buried could not care less if you are there, so the only other reason to go would be for your own benefit and you could pay your respects any which way you like (e.g. having a wank and saying at the point of ecstasy "this one's for you") without going to the funeral. Actually I think if you're going to do the wank thing then yes, you'd best not do it during the funeral...

I guess there are 3 possible options

1. Attend the church service

2. Attend the graveside

3. Attend the wake after the burial

1 and 2 is possible

Whilst 3 is also possible - It could be prove to be a little bit tricky than 1 and 2

I am not sure what I would do to be honest.

Good luck!

Edited by Superego

I am quite surprised that any man would attend the funeral of a wg he has known.

Discretion is... I assume... applied when she is alive (who is this girl by the way? :wacko: ) and if the client

admired her as a person in life then why would he discredit her or risk doing so after her demise?

Whether at the service/grave/wake...... you would need to lie to her family and friends and that can not

be acceptable. It is quite unnecessary. I think it would merely be to indulge the client to be honest.... with little respect for the girl herself.

Online respects can be paid but in person? No way.

Edited by ADELE

So Id be the strange man standing in the distance in a suit and dark glass, looking on from afar...

Perhaps alongside many of her other of her clients

Whether at the service/grave/wake...... you would need to lie to her family and friends

In strict reverse order

3... The wake - Would require most talking and interaction

2....The funeral - Even less

1. The Service - And the winner for not having to say much or even a word

I'd probably go, but I would stick around only during the funeral, definitely wouldn't attend the wake.

Best way to do it

where and why do people come up with such questions and threads...someone has sat down and had thoughts about this.

Morbid. Utterly morbid.

Edited by Kodiak

where and why do people come up with such questions and threads...

They are usually asking for "a friend". I know I usually am...

where and why do people come up with such questions and threads...someone has sat down and had thoughts about this.

Morbid. Utterly morbid.

Yes some bizarre questions have been at the start of threads on here but I don't think the funeral one is the worst

or silliest.

There is a thread which is only a few days old and I thought it was utterly banal and ridiculous but of course I can not

possibly say which one it is.

:unsure:

Morbid. Utterly morbid.

It's because I can! :D

Morbid. Utterly morbid.

Morbid, but it could have been worse. What if a girl you'd been with was murdered? It's a nightmarish and utterly horrible thought and I always feel hatred and disgust for any man who could ever do this. But putting the tragedy and horror of such an event to one side, what if you'd visited this girl recently? Would you not be expecting a knock on the door from the police, assuming they had traced you from her mobile? What would you say to them? And what would you say to your wife?

so you turn up at funeral and family ask who you are...you reply you knew the deceased - odds are you don't know real name - in some walk of life as you can't tell them you were paying her for sex. Wonderful situation to put oneself in.

as for being traced by police following a murder (really, this is beyond morbid now) I would help them in any way I could and would be embarrassed and worried about friends and family finding out but that would be a small price to pay for helping catch the criminal and clear my name...as for the wife, never been married and have no gf...

You have learnt that one of your favourite clients/WGs has passed away, would you go to their funeral, taking into account that you know their real name?

This has happened recently and I would like to share.

My best friend and an ex working girl known to many people in Leeds died in August. It was sudden and a horrible shock to all of us who knew and loved her. This was a special lady who knew lots of people.. touched a lot of lives and will be sadly missed by us all. She was special because she helped you if she could, and she would do this even if she did not know you well, she was just that sort of lovely person.

The funeral was one of those affairs where it was sad and yet joyful at the same time, but also a private affair for her family. To support them and because we felt a need to be there, four of us friends attended, and we went on to the crematorium, but........ this is where you draw a line in the sand because we did not feel it was appropriate to go to the wake, simply because of our association with her through this industry, and despite the fact that I was involved in her personal life it still felt wrong to intrude on a family's grief, so the four of us slipped away and went for a meal together where we talked about our friend without having to hold anything back.

This felt right, and it was also nice. None of us approached her family at the funeral, but we were there swelling the ranks of the hundreds of people who attended and if this gave her family a little comfort then that was good enough. You have to respect people's feelings. A woman makes a choice to become a working girl, but her family are not included in that, and probably would find her industry friends to be even offensive by their presence at something so personal as a funeral x x

Its unlikely i would know she had died in reality especially if an Indie. As i posted on a recent thread many times good regulars have just disappeared overnight presumably to start a new life so when this happens i simply wouldnt be aware she had died rather than had started a new life. This site might nowadays spread the word though possibly.

If it was the case i knew i certainly wouldnt be mixing with the other mourners who might not appreciate a man who had paid for sex with their loved one turning up. If i knew where her grave or cremation was being held at i might leave some flowers after everyone else had gone, or just pay my respects at home in my own way by raising my glass and toasting her.

This has happened recently and I would like to share.

My best friend and an ex working girl known to many people in Leeds died in August. It was sudden and a horrible shock to all of us who knew and loved her. This was a special lady who knew lots of people.. touched a lot of lives and will be sadly missed by us all. She was special because she helped you if she could, and she would do this even if she did not know you well, she was just that sort of lovely person.

The funeral was one of those affairs where it was sad and yet joyful at the same time, but also a private affair for her family. To support them and because we felt a need to be there, four of us friends attended, and we went on to the crematorium, but........ this is where you draw a line in the sand because we did not feel it was appropriate to go to the wake, simply because of our association with her through this industry, and despite the fact that I was involved in her personal life it still felt wrong to intrude on a family's grief, so the four of us slipped away and went for a meal together where we talked about our friend without having to hold anything back.

This felt right, and it was also nice. None of us approached her family at the funeral, but we were there swelling the ranks of the hundreds of people who attended and if this gave her family a little comfort then that was good enough. You have to respect people's feelings. A woman makes a choice to become a working girl, but her family are not included in that, and probably would find her industry friends to be even offensive by their presence at something so personal as a funeral x x

Thank you for sharing Sarah.

Its unlikely i would know she had died in reality especially if an Indie. As i posted on a recent thread many times good regulars have just disappeared overnight presumably to start a new life so when this happens i simply wouldnt be aware she had died rather than had started a new life. This site might nowadays spread the word though possibly.

If it was the case i knew i certainly wouldnt be mixing with the other mourners who might not appreciate a man who had paid for sex with their loved one turning up. If i knew where her grave or cremation was being held at i might leave some flowers after everyone else had gone, or just pay my respects at home in my own way by raising my glass and toasting her.

When you are a family member at a relative's a funeral , there are many people there who you don't who they are. I suppose it would be quite easy to stay incognito, but if it made you uncomfortable, best to stay away and remember the deceased in your own way.

I went to the funeral of the man who lived in and owned the flat a favourite WG of mine used. She used to have her own place but worked in his flat for a time. He was a client as well and I met him many times.

I know this is slightly on a tangent to the OP but is similar enough because the deseased's family was estranged from him and only a small number of them turned out. At the funeral, two of his friends turned up and two punters also. We were models of discretion during and after the funeral even when the friends made it clear they they knew the situation. We raised a glass to his memory in a pub, no family were present. A strange day but I am glad I went. If things had become akward, I would have made my excuses and left.