Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DirtyDec

Shameless Brothels

10 posts in this topic

Did anyone see the last episode of Shameless? Did you notice how, inside the new brothel, it bore more than a passing resemblance to Sandys in Manchester. The waiting area, the photo board on the wall, the mention of the rota and website.

Have their researchers been on a little field trip?

I love the Chatsworth brothel and all of the weird stuff that goes on there. The new rival brothel that opened up opposite, put a girl in the window, Amsterdam style. This led to groups of men standing outside virtually wanking in the street. :D

I'm a couple of episodes behind with Shameless but the one I watched last night from a week or so ago had brothel owner Lillian coming out of the brothel in a cheerleader outfit; I had just taken a mouthful of tea and spurted it out all over the place. The actress who plays her is an absolute legend.

I remember thinking last night while watching it that the continued representation of the brothel and WGs in Shameless is doing more to normalise the view of it than any campaigns. I'm looking forward to catching up with the episode you've described.

Sadly my wife doesn't watch it, she doesn't find the programme the slightest bit amusing... But then I don't watch the baking and cooking programmes that appear to now be primetime required viewing in this country!

Did anyone see the last episode of Shameless? Did you notice how, inside the new brothel, it bore more than a passing resemblance to Sandys in Manchester. The waiting area, the photo board on the wall, the mention of the rota and website.

I love the Chatsworth brothel and all of the weird stuff that goes on there. The new rival brothel that opened up opposite, put a girl in the window, Amsterdam style. This led to groups of men standing outside virtually wanking in the street. :D

Some literally were wanking in the street. :D Never been to Sandys so cant answer your question though. Classic programme although i miss Mickey. :)

i miss Mickey. :)

Your secret is safe with us. ;)

I miss all the "ex-Gallaghers", and Kev and Veronica - whose actors and actresses have gone on to bigger and better things after Shameless. But can anyone who watched the early series remember Karen giving Frank a blowjob in the street and licking her lips clean afterwards........ She was and is as horny as hell and seeing her doing this almost made me come on the spot.

Your secret is safe with us. ;)

I miss all the "ex-Gallaghers", and Kev and Veronica - whose actors and actresses have gone on to bigger and better things after Shameless. But can anyone who watched the early series remember Karen giving Frank a blowjob in the street and licking her lips clean afterwards........ She was and is as horny as hell and seeing her doing this almost made me come on the spot.

Cheers. :) Yes there have been some excellent actors and actresses in it over the years. I would never have imagined James McEvoy becoming a movie star for example.

I dont recall that BJ, mind you she has given a lot over the years. ;)

Shameless isnt as good as it used to be but it still well worth watching!

I miss some of the old characters, Mickey was funny, Mandy was a good un, Maxine and the woman cop were corkers too

Thanks for reminding me the series is on again, I watched the above episode on catch-up today. Yes, quite funny :D

Shameless isnt as good as it used to be but it still well worth watching!

I miss some of the old characters, Mickey was funny, Mandy was a good un, Maxine and the woman cop were corkers too

I think it's like any series that is a success when it's first on TV, the writer / producer runs out of ideas / jokes / situations so future series are never as good. Still worth watching 'tho

Funnily enough last nights episode did remind me of Sandys :) remembering good times. Kelly was looking good last night, either I am getting less picky or she is getting better with age?

Shameless has unfortunately lost the edge that it used to have.

Frank ;)

I agree that "Shameless" has lost its edge a little, but a blowjob from Karen would still be a wonderful experience!

I think it's like any series that is a success when it's first on TV, the writer / producer runs out of ideas / jokes / situations so future series are never as good. Still worth watching 'tho

What happens these days with many different series is that the initial writer or writing team is supplemented and/or replaced over time (even within the first series). Even the whole production team eventually. More like the soap model but on a smaller scale. If it's a strong enough idea it will keep delivering but the level will go up and down. Many Channel 4 series do this e.g. Shameless, Skins, Fresh Meat, but it happens on other channels too.