Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Holly Maddison

Sorry Darling I Can't Make It!

3 posts in this topic

I was reading anothers unfortunate family problem which stopped him enjoying his long awaited duo booking and it reminded me of something similair that happened to me once.

I had a long afternoon booking with a lovely french gentleman that used to fly over to London from time to time and drive up to see me. All was ready for him and I decided to pop out to get a bottle, on the way out the phone went, it was a close family member telling me that another close family member had been taken seriously ill. I panicked, tried to contact my client but obviously he was driving and didn't pick up. I had no choice but to leave a message and get over to the hospital which was a good two hours drive away (this was an elderly relative and there was paperwork that had to be done for their care).

For ages I kept trying to contact him, eventually he picked up and while I could hear he was upset he didn't say it, wished me good luck and said he would be in touch, which was immedeatly followed with, 'if there is any chance you get back early enough let me know I'll hang about a bit'. Thats how it was left. I sorted things out at the hospital and eventually after about four hours, text my guy (again he wasn't picking up) so headed off home.

It was an extremely hot day and when I got back the poor love was sitting in his car looking very frazzled from the heat and drive, with a warm bottle of wine in one hand and a wilted bunch of flowers in the other. I felt absolutely dreadful for letting him down this way and very surprised he had hung about that long. Upshot was he cancelled his appointment for the following morning and stayed the night so not so bad in the end.

Its bad when things like that happen though isn't it? I'm sure the rest of you must have had similair experiences.

I returned to the station following a visit to a city, only to find all trains cancelled that evening due to landslips. I was due to have a regular visit me later than evening having left plenty of time to catch the return train, get back to my base, eat and change. A relative was able to pick me up but this took some time to arrange, in the meantime I emailed said client not knowing whether or not it would be discrete to text due to his home circumstances. Never mind he said I'll be there waiting in the car around the corner at our usual time, still hoping you can see me. I got back with 15 minutes to spare, heated up some food and tidied myself up a little bit. My client sent me his usual text to check everything was ok to come over, and quite happy for me to pop in the bath for a few mins then reappear all warm, glowing smelling of scented body lotion wrapped in a satin robe.

I returned to the station following a visit to a city, only to find all trains cancelled that evening due to landslips. I was due to have a regular visit me later than evening having left plenty of time to catch the return train, get back to my base, eat and change. A relative was able to pick me up but this took some time to arrange, in the meantime I emailed said client not knowing whether or not it would be discrete to text due to his home circumstances. Never mind he said I'll be there waiting in the car around the corner at our usual time, still hoping you can see me. I got back with 15 minutes to spare, heated up some food and tidied myself up a little bit. My client sent me his usual text to check everything was ok to come over, and quite happy for me to pop in the bath for a few mins then reappear all warm, glowing smelling of scented body lotion wrapped in a satin robe.

Rings a bell Strawberry, as they say alls well that ends well.