Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
welshpete

Newest Post Shown First?

13 posts in this topic

Any way this can be done?

I've looked in the obvious places, but it seems such a simple thing and I cant work out how to do it!

Thx

Pete

If you are viewing the site on a computer, when on the forums main page there is a button on the top right called "view new content"

If on a mobile there is a button on the top right that looks like four squares, hit that and on the menu choose "new content"

Ok - that's a good comment, but I want to see the newest post IN A THREAD at the top of the listing.

Thx

Pete

Simple answer: you can not do it. You could do it in the old format of the forum, but not on this one. Its already defaulted, that newest posts shown last.

The only thing you can costumase is display of the threads. I am sure you know where it is. (On the home page on the top you will see: Start date, Most replies, Most Views, Recently Updated, etc). There are "custom" option there with various options, but neither is applies to the actual positions of responses in the thread.

Thanks....I kind of guessed that I'd checked all the obvious places, but remembered it used to be possible, so wanted to double check....its a kind of dumb ass way to set it up as you end up scrolling through to the last post everytime....

Thanks....I kind of guessed that I'd checked all the obvious places, but remembered it used to be possible, so wanted to double check....its a kind of dumb ass way to set it up as you end up scrolling through to the last post everytime....

If you click on the star, or dot, to the left of the title you will go straight to the last post you have read on that thread. It seems very logical to me.

If you click on the star, or dot, to the left of the title you will go straight to the last post you have read on that thread. It seems very logical to me.

The star just tells me i have posted on that thread, the dot will take me to the last post on the thread though.

Edited by smiths

The star just tells me i have posted on that thread, the dot will take me to the last post on the thread though.

I thought that the dot took you to the last post that you have read. I will check.

Clicking the thread title takes me to the first post on the thread. The dot takes me to the first unread post. The star does the same - but only appears if I've already posted in the thread, otherwise it's a dot.

Clicking the thread title takes me to the first post on the thread. The dot takes me to the first unread post. The star does the same - but only appears if I've already posted in the thread, otherwise it's a dot.

Interesting, that means its working differently for you than me as regards the star which doesnt take me anywhere, just tells me i have posted on the thread. Just re-checked regarding a dot, it always takes me to the last post on a thread irrespective of if i have read the thread or not. Nowadays i mark forums as read anyway so there rarely are any dots, if i havent posted on a thread but have marked forum as read there is no symbol.

Edited by smiths

Much better put than wat I rote!

Interesting, that means its working differently for you than me as regards the star which doesnt take me anywhere, just tells me i have posted on the thread. ........

I've looked again. Where I've posted there's a feint star just about visible and which doesn't respond to being clicked. However, if someone adds a post to the thread the star becomes bold, and works like the bold dot.

Edited by pabulum

thanks guys....seems this is the way....

DOT - you've not posted

BOLD DOT - you've not posted, but there is new content, clicking takes you to next post form the last post you read

STAR or BOLD STAR - same logic as for DOT, just shows you've posted.

No new content - faint STAR or DOT, but link is inactive.

Thx

Pete