Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xenia

What Is The Point Of "hall Of Shame" Forum?

11 posts in this topic

Well, it is part of the forum. However nobody can start the topics there, (apart of Galahad), and nobody can respond to already existing topics either (apart of Galahad).

Would not be a better position of the entries there on the home page of the Punternet, but no on the forum? After all forum is for discussion, or at least is suppose to be.

Galahad's board, Galahad's rules.

I feel a thread like that needs strong controls to stop;

Malicious postings and petty defences.

Cb

It's important for there to be a section containing the dark warnings etc.

It's also important that this be properly policed, to prevent (as CB states above) any malicious reports.

G is in the best place to police it and I imagine that he is responsive to PM's about potential names to be named.

Therefore I'm happy with the status quo. (Sorry Xenia!).

Galahad's board, Galahad's rules.

Yep. The above phrase get posted every time, when threads like that manage to come on the forum, then deleted few hours later (at the most).

Surely one can pose a simple question. Scam agencies/directories/individuals. etc. definitely need to be outed. But if they are outed on the "FORUM" part of the website, surely discussion about them should be allowed.

It's also important that this be properly policed,

Agreed! However there is absolutely nothing to police at all, because nobody allowed to post there.

Edited by Rada Ishes

Agreed! However there is absolutely nothing to police at all, because nobody allowed to post there.

I am assuming that G polices the threads before he posts them. If you have an item you feel should be posted there then tell G about it and ask him, very nicely, to put it up there.

I am assuming that G polices the threads before he posts them. If you have an item you feel should be posted there then tell G about it and ask him, very nicely, to put it up there.

I don't. If I did, I would post it in the "Dangerous punter warnings", or just in the "General Discussion thread".

Don't you think its highly unusual that "Hall of Shame" have only five entries, and the last one from January 2012? I am sure, if members of the forum were allowed to post there, it will be run to numerous pages. Yes, it might require a lot of moderation, so be it! Otherwise: why don't put this existing warnings on the home page of Punternet instead, not on the forum?

the last one from January 2012

That is incorrect - the 'fake photos' post has been added to many times, and recently, as more dishonest websites have been identified. It just doesn't update the timestamp on a post when the post is edited.

In fact, the 'fake photos' thread has been the main focus of the HoS forum.

The nature of that forum makes it necessary that only items whose evidence has been verified should be posted there, that is why it is not an open forum. Anyone should be able to see that were it otherwise, it would become nothing more than a brawl between competing providers.

The nature of that forum makes it necessary that only items whose evidence has been verified should be posted there, that is why it is not an open forum. Anyone should be able to see that were it otherwise, it would become nothing more than a brawl between competing providers.

My thoughts exactly.

That is incorrect - the 'fake photos' post has been added to many times, and recently, as more dishonest websites have been identified. It just doesn't update the timestamp on a post when the post is edited.

Maybe it'd be worth putting the date of any update in the heading, that way people will see if it's been added to since they last looked.

Maybe it'd be worth putting the date of any update in the heading, that way people will see if it's been added to since they last looked.

Done. Good idea, thanks!