Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kissxkate

Too Much Emotion!

12 posts in this topic

Ok, so today one of the best things ever happened, so I'm crying with happiness this morning, yay!!!! Then seeing as I'm currently in London and the last 2 days were good, I thought today should be fine too, but no I get upteen calls from back home asking if I'm available, one from Jersey or was it Guernsey and one from Wales asking me if I can do outcalls, but the only booking I got from London just cancelled!!!!! Now I'm frustrated, because I want to be back home where I can show my wonderful son how proud I am of him, or at least have some company and I'm stuck here.

How can anyone come to London and only have one booking and then they cancel? How does that happen?

Oh well, I need to get that off my chest, because being the happiest and p**sed off at the same time is quite difficult to contain lol. Especially when you have already got ready for the cancelled booking and no where to go.

I suppose Emmerdale live is some consolation lol.

Don't take it personally!

Great to have the good news about someone so important to you and their loss if the Londoners have looked a gifthorse in the mouth.

It must happen that there are so many girls in London, some, however deserving, miss out some days.

If you had gone out on the town in your waiting-for-the-man outfit, I suspect you would attracted all the attention you could have hoped for...try it in the hotel bar!

I have had a couple of tours that have been a bit like this so I feel your pain. Its just one of those things, and one I hate about this game.

Next time, give me a bell and I'll take you out!

I have had a couple of tours that have been a bit like this so I feel your pain. Its just one of those things, and one I hate about this game.

Next time, give me a bell and I'll take you out!

Thank you Lydia xxx It's a funny old game.

Don't take it personally!

Great to have the good news about someone so important to you and their loss if the Londoners have looked a gifthorse in the mouth.

It must happen that there are so many girls in London, some, however deserving, miss out some days.

If you had gone out on the town in your waiting-for-the-man outfit, I suspect you would attracted all the attention you could have hoped for...try it in the hotel bar!

I'm in an apartment, so no where to show myself off. I wouldn't risk going outside, I might get raped lol. Thankfully I have half a bottle of wine left from a client who I met yesterday, so I think I may just indulge in that and celebrate the success back at home.

Thank you for your kind words by the way x

Well, I guess it's just their loss! You'll have to make up for it when you get back home.

I can't work next week due to it being half term up this neck of the woods. Well it's going to be a lot harder to work. I've had loads of calls back in Cheltenham today. I just had another one now off a chap staying at a hotel 2 minutes up the road from my apartment.

Oh well, never mind, good old M&S microwave meals and a glass of red have kept me happy.

There is always tomorrow :)

Your experience just goes to show that London is at times a cold, lonely and an inhospitable place.

I had something like this happen when I popped down south in summer, granted it was an odd location but I missed so many bookings back home, did see one very happy client but minimal interest and the few who made contact just faffed about until I was well on the way back home. Since then several emails asking if I'll return to the area I visited, not likely I'm afraid just too much of a chance especially when I've stuff back home I'm involved with.

Edited by Strawberry

I had something like this happen when I popped down south in summer, granted it was an odd location but I missed so many bookings back home, did see one very happy client but minimal interest and the few who made contact just faffed about until I was well on the way back home. Since then several emails asking if I'll return to the area I visited, not likely I'm afraid just too much of a chance especially when I've stuff back home I'm involved with.

The last 2 times I worked in Euston it was great. This time I decided to try Victoria, as the coach trip here was so cheap it was a steal. It could be better located in truth, but still it doesn't matter how cheap the travel is, if there isn't enough work and you can get it without moving out of bed back at home, it doesnt make sense to travel.

You can't be everywhere at the same time can you Kate and it could have worked the other way round, happened to me loads of times in the past. I've had some super times in London and also some dreadful times. Its irritating when you get more calls for home than you do for your tour, or you decide not to go because there seemed little interest then the flaming phone doesn't stop while theres nothing at home. Swings and roundabouts!

At least you didn't do what I did last time I was in london. Drove all the way down there to discover I'd picked the wrong phone up so had to drive all the way back to get it and lost a whole days work cause of that. Also had a phone stolen on the first day of a three week tour and lost all that work too as a result.

I'd stick with Euston, why fix whats nots broken?

You can't be everywhere at the same time can you Kate and it could have worked the other way round, happened to me loads of times in the past. I've had some super times in London and also some dreadful times. Its irritating when you get more calls for home than you do for your tour, or you decide not to go because there seemed little interest then the flaming phone doesn't stop while theres nothing at home. Swings and roundabouts!

At least you didn't do what I did last time I was in london. Drove all the way down there to discover I'd picked the wrong phone up so had to drive all the way back to get it and lost a whole days work cause of that. Also had a phone stolen on the first day of a three week tour and lost all that work too as a result.

I'd stick with Euston, why fix whats nots broken?

Thanks Holly and all that have replied. I kind of knew what you were going to say, but still it was good to hear and put things into perspective. I've had a decent day today and I'm not leaving having just broken even, so it could have been a lot worse.

Definitely back to Euston next time lol. I am not sure I am cut out for travelling light either, I miss all my home comforts and having 2 sets of towels (plus my personal set) as being more than I can bear. At least in a hotel you can borrow some more from the maids cart lol.

Home tomorrow!!!!!

Edited by kissxkate