Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bethom

Why Are Some Wgs So Hard To Contact?

35 posts in this topic

What is the point of putting out an advert, when it's difficult to contact them?

I find sometimes, I even call every hour and it's still a hassle.

Is it because they have several regulars? But even then, more punters means more revenue. The analogy may not be fully apt, but Tesco must have plenty of loyal shoppers, but it doesn't stop them from advertising.

I know what you mean. I suppose some are just there for private gallery money making, some work in fits and starts and don't answer when not working, some are wholly disorganised, some are overwhelmed with enquiries, some can't be bothered, some can't read or speak English, some left the town, country, business months ago, some have realised I am horrible.

I've found that with one or two on the purple site. You make a booking on sunday for Friday, thus giving them ample time, and they don't log in until Friday by which time they either don't reply, say they can't make it, get back to you 2 days later after sorting through all their messages / calls etc or "you should have booked earlier as not enough notice".

I'm sure some have lives outside of being a working girl or regulars with an alternate communication method are taking precidence. Or they just pick and choose when it's covenient for them or they need a new pair of shoes etc.

What is the point of putting out an advert, when it's difficult to contact them?

Is it because they have several regulars? But even then, more punters means more revenue. The analogy may not be fully apt, but Tesco must have plenty of loyal shoppers, but it doesn't stop them from advertising.

They might be busy enough that they dont feel the need to answer although i would view that as short termism myself. They might be not working that day but not bothered making that clear, or they might not care less and only answer when it suits them and they want to get punters. Who knows.

Personally if a newbie to me i will ring and if i get no answer i might try again an hour later but if still no answer i will go elsewhere perhaps trying again in the future. I want simplicity and part of that is getting an answer asap for me.

Maybe they're actually seeing someone at the time and can't pick up the phone to take a booking? Or out doing normal things in their normal lives like working out or going shopping?

Not everyone can be constantly glued to their phone :P

Maybe they're actually seeing someone at the time and can't pick up the phone to take a booking? Or out doing normal things in their normal lives like working out or going shopping?

Not everyone can be constantly glued to their phone :P

But then why advertise? How is the punter supposed to know if they only work at whim and not all the time?

The thing is some WGs do answer the phone often, as they are working a straight shift (so to speak) and want punters. If they only punt part time, it's obviously their business/prerogative. But make this clear, even if it's only a local paper classifieds ad.

My advert says 8am to 8pm during the week and I still get calls at 4 am in the morning or 11pm at night. Just because it says you are available, does not mean you are free to talk every minute of the day. She could be in a 3 hour booking, is she meant to stop advertising for those 3 hours? It's just not practical. Having said that, I've had all my details re-directed to Ireland before now and I still get calls back in the UK. Sometimes people take down a number and can't even remember who they are calling, let alone when you are available.

My advert says 8am to 8pm during the week and I still get calls at 4 am in the morning or 11pm at night. Just because it says you are available, does not mean you are free to talk every minute of the day. She could be in a 3 hour booking, is she meant to stop advertising for those 3 hours? It's just not practical. Having said that, I've had all my details re-directed to Ireland before now and I still get calls back in the UK. Sometimes people take down a number and can't even remember who they are calling, let alone when you are available.

Some put days/times available. Mon 22 9am to 7pm, tues 23 12noon to midnight. Just have something for the next 7 days. Tesco advertisetheir opening hours, why not hookers?

Some put days/times available. Mon 22 9am to 7pm, tues 23 12noon to midnight. Just have something for the next 7 days. Tesco advertisetheir opening hours, why not hookers?

Err isn't that what she has just said she does.Like KissKate I say my phone is on between certain times,also that if I'm otherwise engaged my voicemail greeting advises when I'll be free to speak again.Still get callers outside these hours leaving messages for bookings right there and then, and guys who say they aren't interested in listening to an informative message they'll just phone ten times and complain they never get through.

One thing I also agree with is that if you answer your phone a large percentage of men think you are available ie you are picking up the phone so you must be ready to see them/jet off into the back of beyond,usually late at night and can put ladies off answering or being helpful and this goes for text messages too.

There will be of course SPs who are disorganised and don't have set hours,voicemail greetings set up and it may be an idea to text or email them, so they can reply when free or simply try someone else. Making contact well in advance also can avoid a last minute scramble, but this isn't suitable for everyone.

guys who say they aren't interested in listening to an informative message they'll just phone ten times and complain they never get through.

Aarrrggghhh!!! Blinded by a flash of the bleedin' obvious. Do you know that it has never occurred to me to listen to the voicemail message as I would rarely leave a message anyway as I would have no control over when any returned call might be made. As I hate changing my message I suppose I assume nobody else regularly updates theirs! In future I shall listen to the message instead of hanging up when it goes to voicemail, in case additional information is available. Thanks for the tip.

If i were a WG working say 10am to 10pm for example at just after 10pm i would switch my phone off clearly stating on my site/profile that i do this. Some may still call after that time, thats life, but once its off thats it until the following morning.

In my experience some WGs dont state a time they are available, now unless they do i dont go ringing them at midnight but i imagine some punters would. Just make it clear as thats the best you can do in my view.

When I was working unless you rang at daft o-clock in the morning, the only time you couldn't get me was when I was on my hands and knees otherwise engaged.. :P This is probably how it is for a lot of ladies...

When I was working unless you rang at daft o-clock in the morning, the only time you couldn't get me was when I was on my hands and knees otherwise engaged.. :P This is probably how it is for a lot of ladies...

cleaning the kitchen floor?

I talked via email to a girl on the other site yesterday, made a booking for this evening, emailed this afternoon to confirm and get the address, she's not logged in today and hasn't read my email.

What should I do - if I try and book someone else and she confirms in the next hour or so then I have wasted someone else's time. If I leave it until after the booking time has expired then we are late on a Sunday and most likely none of my regulars will be available.

charly

I talked via email to a girl on the other site yesterday, made a booking for this evening, emailed this afternoon to confirm and get the address, she's not logged in today and hasn't read my email.

What should I do - if I try and book someone else and she confirms in the next hour or so then I have wasted someone else's time. If I leave it until after the booking time has expired then we are late on a Sunday and most likely none of my regulars will be available.

I've had that before. Annoying when you give ample notice, arrange time off work / put any other plans on hold, book a hotel if needed, perhaps drive an hour or two to her and she's not there or doesn't get back to you.

And if she does get back to you later, the appointment has passed and you're unlikely to want to se her now as you've had your time wasted no matter how legitimate the reason may be. It's cost me time (and possibly money) for nothing and it's not always convenient to try last minute for someone else (assuming there is someone else of interest).

I've only rang someone up the once and she replied quickly so no problems there.

The purple site is hit and miss. Sometimes they reply near instantly, other times days later if they bother at all (even if they have logged in or not). Sometimes they have "available today 10/10/12" up for days even though they've logged in every day since and fail to reply - only takes a few seconds to update that.

I've had that before. Annoying when you give ample notice, arrange time off work / put any other plans on hold, book a hotel if needed, perhaps drive an hour or two to her and she's not there or doesn't get back to you.

And if she does get back to you later, the appointment has passed and you're unlikely to want to se her now as you've had your time wasted no matter how legitimate the reason may be. It's cost me time (and possibly money) for nothing and it's not always convenient to try last minute for someone else (assuming there is someone else of interest).

I've only rang someone up the once and she replied quickly so no problems there.

The purple site is hit and miss. Sometimes they reply near instantly, other times days later if they bother at all (even if they have logged in or not). Sometimes they have "available today 10/10/12" up for days even though they've logged in every day since and fail to reply - only takes a few seconds to update that.

if they havent logged in today then they are not working. If they fail to reply in 2 hours they are not working. send an email saying praps another time and look elsewhere.

Yes they may be in a 4 hour booking but you cant risk that can you?

charly

That is no good - I think when making a booking you need to get a phone number.. That way you can confirm and if you still have not heard back from her some hours later then I would cancel it.

charly

I only punt by phone and i always require confirmation just before i set off for the WGs, they would know this so if i get no response i will allow up to an hour, if still no response i would go elsewhere. Once something that was agreed doesnt happen with a newbie to me i am always very suspicious because i communicate so clearly when punting.

I only punt by phone

Reading the start of this post made me chuckle, and conjured up some peculiar, graphic images in my head

In my experiences it's been relatively easy to get in touch or arrange bookings with Wgs. With the ones you can't get a hold of and really want to see have some patience or move on. Ask for a phone number as a conversation is worth a thousand words.

Reading the start of this post made me chuckle, and conjured up some peculiar, graphic images in my head

Having tried 0898 numbers many moons ago phone sex does nothing for me. ;):D

That is no good - I think when making a booking you need to get a phone number.. That way you can confirm and if you still have not heard back from her some hours later then I would cancel it.

You'd be surprised at the number of potential clients who would like to do everything by email, on the day you need to be in phone contact and have a definite confirming time the you both know what's happening. I don't always log into that site because it's not necessary unless you want to change something on the profile, or read a new email. Doesn't mean I'm not 'working' or not 'available'.

if they havent logged in today then they are not working. If they fail to reply in 2 hours they are not working. send an email saying praps another time and look elsewhere.

Yes they may be in a 4 hour booking but you cant risk that can you?

There are times when you contact the girl saying "Are you free on Friday afternoon?" and she'll get back to you fairly quickly saying "yes hun, what you after?" or something along those lines. You'll then reply soon after "2hrs at 4pm?" and that's the last you'll hear of her for the next few days even though she knows there's a potential booking on the cards.

As said, if the girl is like that when making simple booking requests or logs on randomly meaning you have to adhere to her schedule, I wouldn't hold out much chance of a good time, assuming of course she's even there at the time of the appointment.

Some don't give out a phone number until a booking has been made so you have to book and communicate through the site as per their instructions.

I've had one occasion at least where I've put in a booking request for say 1pm on Thurs on the Friday (knowing I'll be off work then), heard nothing all week and then an hour or so before the time I wanted the booking, she emails to say "That's fine for 1pm".

cleaning the kitchen floor?

Don't be daft Cov, did you not know us ladies often have slaves that actually pay us for the pleasure of doing that :P