ladyofthemansion

When this job tugs at your heartstrings.

18 posts in this topic

Saw a gentleman on Tuesday who has MS. It was quite distressing to see a young man in that condition at the age of 33. Of course I didn't let my feelings show.

His carer told me the condition only started 2 years ago and that he is only going to get worse and will die eventually.

This man wants to see me again on a regular basis which of course I will do. However, I could actually see him deteriorate week after week . Got to be professional about it but it will still be hard. This is one of the reasons I like this board because you get to talk about things.

This is a prime example as to why us ladies are needed.

Have any of you ladies been in similar situations?

Saw a gentleman on Tuesday who has MS. It was quite distressing to see a young man in that condition at the age of 33. Of course I didn't let my feelings show.

His carer told me the condition only started 2 years ago and that he is only going to get worse and will die eventually.

This man wants to see me again on a regular basis which of course I will do. However, I could actually see him deteriorate week after week . Got to be professional about it but it will still be hard. This is one of the reasons I like this board because you get to talk about things.

This is a prime example as to why us ladies are needed.

Ive got a lump in my throat,what a nice understanding Lady you are.I have a disabled son(learning difficulties) so I can appreciate what you are doing for him.I can understand it must start to get distressing for you as he gets worse.

Ive got a lump in my throat,what a nice understanding Lady you are.I have a disabled son(learning difficulties) so I can appreciate what you are doing for him.I can understand it must start to get distressing for you as he gets worse.

It will. I will just have to hide it.

Thank you for your nice comments and I am sorry to hear about your son.

Thank you for your nice comments and I am sorry to hear about your son.

Thankyou Lady,my son goes to a special needs school and when I see some of the other children I think Im lucky and count my blessings,I dont know how thier parents cope. So please keep up the good work and take comfort in what you are doing for this young man.You know before I joined the punting community I had so many preconnceptions about WGs,mainly fed by the media,and now after nearly a year of punting I realise that my head was so far up my arse I was drowning in shit:eek:Pity politicians arent better informed,too worried about covering thier own arses and wondering where thier next expenses are coming from.

My cousin has MS, he's early 30s, it's heartbreaking

Were you told how quickly his MS progresses? My Uncle has it and he's now permeantly wheelchair bound, but other than that he's fine (a bit skinny but i think he has always been, but MS making it more so, i think). Some MS sufferers have a slow form where it takes years for the body to deteriate while others have a more serious version, where a stroke or something similar does something to the body each time.

Were you told how quickly his MS progresses? My Uncle has it and he's now permeantly wheelchair bound, but other than that he's fine (a bit skinny but i think he has always been, but MS making it more so, i think). Some MS sufferers have a slow form where it takes years for the body to deteriate while others have a more serious version, where a stroke or something similar does something to the body each time.

This gent is permanently wheelchair bound and struggles to move his hands.

The one case I was particularly aware of was a young man who developed MS at about 30. He never had any remisssions and his downward spiral of health was harrowing to witness. He died some years ago well short of 50, and awful to say, his death was a release from a life that had lost any quality.

The kind regard for the young man who inspires this thread was heartwarming to read.

When you think about it, there is an argument that gentlemen in this unfortunate situation, should be entitled to have a service with a lady as part of their care.

I must admit that I almost laughed at LOTM's suggestion of getting free punts on the NHS... apart from my usual reaction as an embittered tax payer of thinking "somebody else finding another use for my money... I'd love to keep some of it for my own purposes".

But.. ultimately... I'd sooner fund appropriate NHS punting than paying to have our guys and gals blown up on foreign fields.

When you think about it, there is an argument that gentlemen in this unfortunate situation, should be entitled to have a service with a lady as part of their care.

I agree but this F.......d up Govt. and the next probably will never do it because it is a minority vote winner and they would never make a controversial statement to the above effect....Anyway Bless you LOTM as I also know someone who has MS and is female but has the same needs.

I agree but this F.......d up Govt. and the next probably will never do it because it is a minority vote winner and they would never make a controversial statement to the above effect....Anyway Bless you LOTM as I also know someone who has MS and is female but has the same needs.

There are male service providers around, or indeed there are females who would see her, depending on what she would want. You have raised a valid point though. The ladies do get forgotton.

In another age, with people more able to accept different approaches to life, such a suggestion would be wholly acceptable. Unfortunately, we live in the age of hypocrites who tolerate some things, castigate others and, themselves, live by double standards ..... their communal address is Westminster.

I have a son in his late twenties, and if anything as disatrous as MS was to attack him I would make sure he had such 'comforts' if, a) he wished them, and :) they were available. Under the rule of Ms.HH et al, I would risk gaol, and possibly so would my son.

Yes I have - a few years ago I met a client who had a terminal illness and saw him for a year. He didn't have adequate care, seemed to have been abandoned by his family and as time progressed I couldn't handle it. It was more being out of my remit to do anything practical like set up proper care, mention his medication wasn't working etc..

In Holland this is the case! there was a social security appeal case which ruled that the disabled person, in question, was entiled to HfL 200 (so it must have been pre-

Never read so much bollocks in my entire life. I know it's the popular thing to knock this government but attacking them for not funding sexual services for the disabled is beyond ludicrous. It would be interesting to see what the Daily Mail would make of it if they did. All these people thinking that when Dave gets in (God help us) that he will have a more lenient attitude towards the sex industry are clearly deluded.

I fully appreciate that it's an emotive subject and disabled people have the same rights as anyone else - but this does not include state funded sexual services.

This shows what a lovely caring person you are Lady, I think the unfortunate young man is lucky to have found you, and it's great he has the pleasure of your company to look forward to.:confused: