Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rockingjohn

North East Brothel Keeper Sentenced

8 posts in this topic

parlours from a normal house with that many girls working is a non starter..

I think if had been more discrete - would have been okay. IIt was a neighbour that complained.

Interesting that Judge said girls were never forced or abused in one breath..but then talked about cycle of offending in another!

As usual - strange morals at play!

I love this contradition;

The 44-year-old had to care for three young children, but she turned to the sex trade to bring in cash.

and;

“Furthermore, by providing those services you were gaining a financial benefit from women who in the main are trapped in a cycle of offending and by reason of their own personal circumstances end up engaged in prostitution.”

I think the poor Judge was sympathetic to and understanding of the sex worker but worried about being pilloried in the media for mot coming down hard "on this vile trade"

I fear his sympathy will be for naught when the proceeds of crime guys come along

Here's another sentencing - eight months imprisonment for brothel owner

http://www.thisissta...tail/story.html

The comments are quite enlightening.

and here's an update on the POCA hearing :-

http://www.thisissta...tail/story.html

You would think she had made £233,000 going on the tone. Sounds like a harsh sentence to me, no coerced or trafficked woman involved. Interesting comment about the sentence being lighter because the police had visited the Brothel previously. I wonder if the judge asked why they had never thought to enforce the law on those ocassions if its such a crime.