Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ik8133

"Unsafe Sex In The City"

17 posts in this topic

New fly on the wall series on BBC3, Wednesday nights, covering what happens in a Manchester GUM clinic. You should be able to catch last nights episode on iplayer.

Edited by ik8133

This programme is downright scary and makes me even more cynical vis-à-vis being able to trust your partner not to give you some horrid disease. Definitely strengthens my resolve to not offer OWO and kick out anyone who even asks for BB.

I've been watching a bit of this on iPlayer - gobsmacking to see young people having sex with multiple partners in a month and never using condoms :o

And yet...it amazes me how we don't have an epidemic of HIV. Yes it's out there, yes you can get it. To this day, with the exception of a gay friend back in the early 1990s, I don't know anyone who has contracted it, I have never heard of anyone I know or who knew someone etc who contracted it, etc.

I would be curious if any of the SPs reading are aware of any other SPs contracting HIV and under what circumstances it occurred.

Yup, former co-worker of mine, dated a guy who thought real men don't use condoms and also don't stick to one woman. Since she only offered covered oral and protected sex, he's the only possible source. She continued working, still works now (not in the UK, calm youselves). Apparently new medications mean that you are not infectious IF you take them exactly as prescribed. This lady has a highly irregular lifestyle, so doubt she manages that.

We may not have an HIV epidemic but we have seen a huge increase in syphilis, chlamydia and gonorrhea, including a strain of the latter that resists to most antibiotics. It's a nasty bugger because it has somehow learned to live in its host without causing too many symptoms, no feeling like a red hot poker being shoved up yer todger any more, just a slight burning sensation. So you can be happily passing it on without knowing you have it. Various STIs can live in your throat, so OWO is not as risk-free as it is made out to be.

However, speaking to clients I have noticed that circumcised men seem less prone to bugs (and hardly ever have that fishy cock smell that even resists a sexy shower) while some other guys are just really unlucky, one false step and they're it. That is partly why they end up with me (one of the few remaining women offering covered oral in my region and boy do I get nasty/patronising e-mails because of it, which I don't get the point of - if EVERYONE else offers the service you want, why pester me?) and so far, none of my clients has caught anything or been found out by his partner.

On that awful documentary Unsafe Sex in the City..... which I almost wish I had not watched :eek:

"you are not a real man unless you have had Clamydia"

spoken by a young man to his friend and who boasted of spreading his sperm around as many girls he could... without a condom to be seen.

Has anyone seen this programme? It left a bad taste to say the least.

This Clamydia, does she have any FRs? I would like to read up about her before "having" her.

This Clamydia, does she have any FRs? I would like to read up about her before "having" her.

;)

:)

On that awful documentary Unsafe Sex in the City..... which I almost wish I had not watched :eek:

"you are not a real man unless you have had Clamydia"

spoken by a young man to his friend and who boasted of spreading his sperm around as many girls he could... without a condom to be seen.

Has anyone seen this programme? It left a bad taste to say the least.

Was there any mention of prostitution?

Yes I watched it so casual about HIV "just take a few pills" and the guy that got that girl pregnant, could not care less about her even when she lost it, seemed surprised when his mother told him the girl would be upset about it needed support. His plan was obviously to forget about it as soon as possible

No mention about prostitution except the nurse asking "have you paid for sex" when taking a patients history.

There's another thread about it, entitled 'Unsafe Sex in the City'. And yeah, I want to punch almost every patient they have.

Was there any mention of prostitution?

No.... other than the usual questions "have you paid or been paid for sex" during

the initial interview before they were tested for the sti's.

It was something of a car crash fly on the wall docu and followed 3 or 4 young people

through their tests and receiving results at the clinic.

The almost boastful admissions of multiple sex partners in a very short time and without using any

safe methods made awful viewing.

This programme is a 4 parter I believe so may be shown again next week.

There's another thread about it, entitled 'Unsafe Sex in the City'. And yeah, I want to punch almost every patient they have.

Threads Merged.

It left a bad taste to say the least.

The problem with Clamydia is that it doesn't have a taste ! :cool:

I saw a bit of this the other day when the two lads were sitting waiting to get a phone call or text with their results. While they thought they might have caught something serious they were shitting themselves. But the moment they got negative results it was straight back to shagging around unprotected.

It's difficult to deal with people that have the brain power of a gnat. Truly scary.

I don't suppose any of the participants would be playing up for the cameras at all?Providing good entertainment for the film makers?