Holly Maddison

Terms Of Endearment

41 posts in this topic

The beautiful Elsie suggested I start this as a seperate topic in another thread so here goes.

One of the most difficult things for me when entertaining (especially not having that reserved English background), was how to address my men. I'm very soft and tactile and for me those words uttered/whispered during an intimate session were very important and even could be a deal breaker (was going to put ball breaker then but thought better of it). Anyway over time I become more and more aware that some of the words I used like 'love, darling, sweetheart ect some men just didn't like.

I know it depended on what they were looking for in the first place, obviously someone not interested in a GFE would not appreciate being stroked and called darling, but it is difficult to know what if any terms of endearment are acceptable to use either way. For example there is a big difference between a guy saying as he walks through the door... 'Hello my lovely' compared to 'Hello you sexy woman' and it did affect the way I reacted to him if being honest.

So are there any terms of endearment that you think should be steered well clear of, what words turn you on or do you just not care?

The beautiful Elsie suggested I start this as a seperate topic in another thread so here goes.

One of the most difficult things for me when entertaining (especially not having that reserved English background), was how to address my men. I'm very soft and tactile and for me those words uttered/whispered during an intimate session were very important and even could be a deal breaker (was going to put ball breaker then but thought better of it). Anyway over time I become more and more aware that some of the words I used like 'love, darling, sweetheart ect some men just didn't like.

I know it depended on what they were looking for in the first place, obviously someone not interested in a GFE would not appreciate being stroked and called darling, but it is difficult to know what if any terms of endearment are acceptable to use either way. For example there is a big difference between a guy saying as he walks through the door... 'Hello my lovely' compared to 'Hello you sexy woman' and it did affect the way I reacted to him if being honest.

So are there any terms of endearment that you think should be steered well clear of, what words turn you on or do you just not care?

I am not that fussed what i am called as long as its by a WG with a good attitude. Love and dear are often used words in my experience, mate by a few. I personally like down to earth women and coarseness, its a turn-on to me. I dont like a phrase like will you make love to me in punting as thats not what i am there to do, so lets fuck is far better in my view, in fact the fillthier her mouth the better. ;)

I don't mind the use of words like darling, hun etc.... as long as they are not overused. But for me, the word that turns me on the most is my name.....

I personally associate things like "darl", "hun", "babe / baby" (really find that patronising or something I can't put my finger on) etc with (and this is just the perception I have) a cheap, common as muck parlour girl running a production line. It probably stems from what I've seen on tv and one or two parlour visits where the possibly tattooed women pretty much instantly address you in that way in some rough northern accent. This for me tells me it's going to be a mundane session where she goes through the motions and that I should save my cash.

I don't really associate a GFE with any terms of endearment as I know they're not genuine and I'm not really after any form of roleplay. As long as I believe the girl to be physically/mentally enjoying herself, that's is what makes me happy.

I would probably be fine with terms being used if the girl has a soft voice but it's not going to cause me to halt a session, just either make me more content or less so.

I think you have to play it by ear babes :P ...especially if you should meet a variety of different men from differing backrounds race , class and creed.

Hope this proves to be good advice chuck - even if it goes without saying.

Edited by Superego

For me, it's not so much what you say, as how you say it.....

use of a term of endearment with someone you don't know is not going to fly. Its the same for us, it's difficult to know what to say especially the first time.

Thanks so much for starting this thread, Holly! I hope lots more guys chime in.

Since I mostly do GFE and often see lovely, gentle, nervous and new guys, these sorts of words often feel appropriate, but I haven't been able to put my finger on one that works well for me. I think "dear" might be a good candidate. I can never imagine calling someone "mate" while they're in my arms recovering from an orgasm! Would men object to being called "my lovely"? Reading that, above, made me think it might be in line with my personality.

Seems so far that it really is a person-by-person thing. Luckily I think part of the job is being able to figure out quickly the sort of things clients like, including how they'd like to be spoken to.

Huni, especially spelled out like that in a text, always grates on me a bit. Mind you I can't talk, I call them all babes and that must be infuriating.

For me the shuddersome worst is "pet" and a close second is "babes"

I detest hun and babe/s from anyone, but in an appointment I'm not going to complain, it's not a big issue really in the whole scheme of things.

Personally, and this probably is a Southern British middle class upbringing I'm not big on terms of endearment with people I don't really know anyway! I'm not sure I call my clients anything!

Hope that doesn't make me sound miserable!

Nope, just haughty, luv.

Edited by WhilstNeroplays

I'll go for anything, said with a smile and a hint of naughtiness! The bigger the hint the better!

A lit if the time it's how the words are said. Barbara Windsor calling me darling wouldn't do anything for me but if it was someone with a voice like Fenella Fielding then my zip would be under severe stress.

I detest hun and babe/s from anyone, but in an appointment I'm not going to complain, it's not a big issue really in the whole scheme of things.

Personally, and this probably is a Southern British middle class upbringing I'm not big on terms of endearment with people I don't really know anyway! I'm not sure I call my clients anything!

Hope that doesn't make me sound miserable!

It doesn't Lydia, thats what I was talking about because my client base was almost all British middle class whilst I on the other hand am not. In real life I do use terms of affection even to people I have just met, all the time, and its normally something like 'Hello Gorgeous' or something like along those lines even to women, so to keep it out of an intimate situation for me is very difficult. Having said that where I'm living at the moment everyone calls each other Shug, in another place I lived recently they called their mates Shag, for a long time whilst based in the East Mids I couldn't get used to girls calling each other mate, that always seemed such a blokey thing to me. I certainly couldn't image climbing off and saying 'I hope that was good for you shug or mate, that has to be a turn off.

In the written word its even worse, especially when comunicating via email or using forums etc, because guys do form an opinion about you based on that. There have been times in the past I've used affectionate words when communicating with someone on a forum (especially if my opinion disagrees with theirs) and its been taken as if I'm being patronising, even though I wasn't, it is just the way I am.

I seem to find i get called 'have you been here before?'

As a rule I don't use any term of endearment when addressing the lady. I use their name. I may say that they look lovely or gorgeous although I'm more likely to say " could I have a plate and a knife and fork please?" Why? " because you look delicious ".

I know it's corny but I like to make the lady laugh. Even if it is only out of sympathy. The way to a man's heart may be through his stomache but a good way to a lady's affections is through her laughter.

A lot depends on the accent of the lady as much as what's actually said. As an example - if a Geordie lady called me "pet" I wouldn't be offended. Far from it. But if a lady from London called me "pet" it wouldn't be the same.

I respond positively to words like "love, darling, sweetheart" etc especially if uttered by someone who is "very soft and tactile" it makes me want to become soft and tactile too. As usual it depends on the guy.

Having said that where I'm living at the moment everyone calls each other Shug, in another place I lived recently they called their mates Shag, for a long time whilst based in the East Mids I couldn't get used to girls calling each other mate, that always seemed such a blokey thing to me.

In Geordie land they all call each other "man". That's boys and girls.

What's wrong with "Sir" ?

Nothing.

I say that quite a lot :)

I tend to call folk by their name given to me.

When I get very comfortable with a person, I will without realising it start to call them "love".

I am not northern but have picked up a few northern terms of speech.

I do not like being called "babes" or "hun" or anything like that.

If it happens it instantly makes me inwardly cringe.

Lucy :)

It's definitely to do with attitude and the way it's said. I like it if the lady calls me 'hun' or 'darling' in a friendly way during the initial phone call as to me it's her indicating that "You don't sound like an arsehole so I'm happy to see you" - I just think it sounds friendly and makes me want to be with her.

During the punt itself, the occasional 'darling', 'hon', 'love' is okay as long as she doesn't overdo it in every sentence - then it would start to sound fake to me.

One of the most difficult things for me when entertaining (especially not having that reserved English background), was how to address my men.

To blazes with the reserved English background. To my English ears "my men" or maybe "my man" if you are only dealing with one of us at a time sounds oh so sexy to me.

Cheers!

Okay, here's one you might want to steer clear of...