bookmaker

Parlours and being "discrete"

47 posts in this topic

Phoned up several parlours yesterday to see where they were and almost all of them were located on the main road with a lot of shops nearby with the entrance being an open door next to a shop.

NOT discrete by any means.

Now I don't mind visiting a parlour if the entrance is around the back away from the main street, but I wonder how some of them get any business when they are right on the high street in open view of everyone.

Is anyone else as reluctant to visit a parlour if the entrance is on the main road? Surely the best place to set one up would be in a quieter residential area as opposed to somewhere where a lot of people are walking by, opposite bus stops, near busy traffic lights, etc.

Oh and before anyone decides to comment, "don't go"; I didn't :)

Phoned up several parlours yesterday to see where they were and almost all of them were located on the main road with a lot of shops nearby with the entrance being an open door next to a shop.

Now I don't mind visiting a parlour if the entrance is around the back away from the main street, but I wonder how some of them get any business when they are right on the high street in open view of everyone.

Is anyone else as reluctant to visit a parlour if the entrance is on the main road? Surely the best place to set one up would be in a quieter residential area as opposed to somewhere where a lot of people are walking by, opposite bus stops, near busy traffic lights, etc.

Oh and before anyone decides to comment, "don't go"; I didn't :)

On a street where lots peole are walking by you wont be noticed. A flat above a shop is a good location.

Rear entrance flats are good but can be a bit spookiy and dark.

Residential areas can be disastrous.

i wwent somewhere recently that was always described on here as 'very very discrete' but was also a shop on a main road. when i came out there were about 200 schoolkids hanging about. it did not feel discrete! i knwo what the reporters mean - it is not obvious and looks like a shop even with a shop front and shop name, but nonetheless i dont believe none of those kids knew what id been up to!

i wwent somewhere recently that was always described on here as 'very very discrete' but was also a shop on a main road. when i came out there were about 200 schoolkids hanging about. it did not feel discrete! i knwo what the reporters mean - it is not obvious and looks like a shop even with a shop front and shop name, but nonetheless i dont believe none of those kids knew what id been up to!

If those kids knew they would have shouted at you, believe me.

I don't go anywhere that's discrete, preferring to go somewhere that is discreet. :rolleyes:

I really don't know if I'm being reckless, but my regular parlour is only two streets away from where I work, It's on a sidestreet but It's still a bit dodgy. Mind you you really wouldn't know it was there; It's just a pair of garage doors.

Oh and before anyone decides to comment, "don't go"; I didn't :rolleyes:

As much as it may seem odd, it is often the best way. A place located in a quiet location will get you spotted very quickly as the stream of men will stand out. The more people around the better, as nobody will take a blind bit of notice of who goes where.

Oh and before anyone decides to comment, "don't go"; I didn't :rolleyes:

This place got shut down after 2 days. www.thecandyclub.co.uk The pillock put a pink sign outside that said "Massage parlour"

On a street where lots peole are walking by you wont be noticed. A flat above a shop is a good location.

Rear entrance flats are good but can be a bit spookiy and dark.

Residential areas can be disastrous.

It just feels a bit uneasy walking into a door right next to a shop where people will be standing/walking by because you would assume they know why that door is open

If they did I'd be more worried about them not you ;)

I don't go anywhere that's discrete, preferring to go somewhere that is discreet. :rolleyes:

:mad: discrete random variables are doing my head in, they've even managed to mess with my spelling!

As much as it may seem odd, it is often the best way. A place located in a quiet location will get you spotted very quickly as the stream of men will stand out. The more people around the better, as nobody will take a blind bit of notice of who goes where.

Perhaps, but an entrance round the side or back would be better, no?

This place got shut down after 2 days. www.thecandyclub.co.uk The pillock put a pink sign outside that said "Massage parlour"

A place in Bournemouth named its self Fannys of charminster...the police stepped in sharpish!!

xxx

why the guilt complex about paying for sex? i can understand married punters wanting discretion but at the end of the day we're talking consenting paid sex in private

rapists & paedophiles don't have any guilt over their crimes,why should people feel guilty in the indoor paid sex scene when its consensual?

why the guilt complex about paying for sex? i can understand married punters wanting discretion but at the end of the day we're talking consenting paid sex in private

rapists & paedophiles don't have any guilt over their crimes,why should people feel guilty in the indoor paid sex scene when its consensual?

Sorry but how do you know that? ^^^

xxxx

I don't think you got the point.

But thanks for your contribution, I'm sure anyone on HH's bench would love to quote you.

The parlours I go to are on fairly busy streets but I don't mind that so much, it's more the area that I'm concered about, as in who is likely to be in that area at that time.

Perhaps, but an entrance round the side or back would be better, no?

Think of it this way - if you were standing on a busy street and saw people walk in through a door on the high street, you would not think much of it. If however, there was an alleyway going down the side of a building and you saw men going down it - I would say you would be curious where that particular alleyway leads to. What seems to be a mystery is always going to intrigue the human mind a little bit more.

I dont see any reason to be worried about being seen by strangers, but if you're concerned about been seen by someone who knows you, its important to have a legitimate reason the be in the vicinity, that makes main street locations a better bet than back streets and alleyways.

I note that they had a 'Russion' girl and a 'Romainion' girl working there. Sort of says it all.:rolleyes:

I don't think you got the point.

But thanks for your contribution, I'm sure anyone on HH's bench would love to quote you.

I think it was a failed attempt at 'humour'. Then, again, HH and her bunch are not famous for their collective sense of humour.:rolleyes:

I disagree, surely most are separate buildings - I suppose you could get a whole block of them - but then that would be contiguous........

And I wonder how many do a prostrate massage ........

Ah, English, such a complex language, innit.

Not sure what you mean by a "parlour", I assume you mean a brothel above a shop, if that is the case then I don't really care if the entrance is on the main road --------- it is highly unlikely that normal members of the public will know what goes on behind the door. :rolleyes:

I am single, so nothing to hide.

Dangerous for parlours to be too secluded or tucked away. Makes them more vulnerable to smash-and-grab raids.

Downside of being more public is that it will deter some punters and may give rise to nuisance complaints and risk being moved on by police.

Local councils may also these days be a bit wary of granting change-of-business-use permission to new parlours where it's obvious what's really going to be going on, if site very public.

Local councils may also these days be a bit wary of granting change-of-business-use permission to new parlours where it's obvious what's really going to be going on, if site very public.

The "parlours" in my area are simply flats above shops, it is quite possible that even the landlord is unaware of what is going on, the local council would not be consulted that's for sure, remember that brothels are still illegal;)