marcodr

Ladies That Accept To Be Paid In Gold Or Silver Coins

14 posts in this topic

This is just a curiosity of mine. There used to be a web forum where ladies could state if they wanted to be paid in kinds, for example building works or other services.

Now that money is tight I wonder if any ladies here would consider to be paid, say, in silver or gold coins, I mean a fixed amount, regardless of their fluctuating contervalue in fiat money.

Just as term of comparison, and just using British coins:

3 * 1 ounce Britannia silver coin = around £75.

4 * 1 ounce Britannia silver coin = around £100

and so on. For more expensive services:

Half sovereign (3.66 gram gold) = around £140

Full Sovereign (7.32g gold) = around £260

For those who can afford it an ounce of gold is about £1100.

So, why metals instead or hard cash? It is real money, can be hidden better than cash, anonymous, and it looks great.

Your ideas.

Edited by marcodr

Paper money is far safer for both parties in my view. It's also lighter and easier to obtain.

It may be valuable, and possibly keep its value better then paper notes in the long run, but you cannot currently use it to buy food at Aldi.

Yeah not sure trying to put services,bit currency or gold and silver coins into my bank account to pay my mortgage would go down too well.

Therein lies the crux,paper cash is needed to pay the bills.

Would other people in other jobs be ok being paid in other ways?Not too sure.Maybe some now and then but mostly not.

Also puts the onus on ladies to have a home assay kit to confirm the gold or silver is genuine.

A Wild West style bite of the gold sovereign may cause too many crowns or implants to be a viable measure of authenticity.

DG

If they could be assured that its genuine (which is the difficult bit) then anything that could be a future investment should be worth considering. Lets put it this way, if anyone wants to throw a genuine classic Blower Bentley my way I may consider coming out of retirement and could even be persuaded to do the odd blow job for a Genuine AC Cobra, would take a bit more than a bit of bling though...

Edited by Holly Maddison

Yeah not sure trying to put services,bit currency or gold and silver coins into my bank account to pay my mortgage would go down too well.

Therein lies the crux,paper cash is needed to pay the bills.

Would other people in other jobs be ok being paid in other ways?Not too sure.Maybe some now and then but mostly not.

More than you think Bibi. I've had a car (cheap run around), a laptop, gardening work done, hotel rooms paid for, holidays, phones and some plumbing, all of which I needed at the time and would have cost me more if I'd gone out to buy it myself. Would have been shooting myself in the foot if I'd turned them down wouldn't I?

Silver is actually a good investment.

Its price has increased rather well in the last decade and looks to do even better in the next decade as the "above ground" supplies of Silver are dwindling at an alarming rate! (its being used faster than it can be mined)

For anyone who doesnt know, Gold is used to make Jewellery, gold coins and bars and thats about it.

Silver is used for the same above reasons but its also used heavily in industry.

Batteries, electrical components, catalytic convertors, solar panels etc

The world is running out of Silver and when something is in short supply, its price goes supernova!!!

Platinum is worth a fortune (only a cats whisker behind gold) because it is so scarce!

But as someone said, how would you know the Silver was real and not fake?

More than you think Bibi. I've had a car (cheap run around), a laptop, gardening work done, hotel rooms paid for, holidays, phones and some plumbing, all of which I needed at the time and would have cost me more if I'd gone out to buy it myself. Would have been shooting myself in the foot if I'd turned them down wouldn't I?

Each to their own, generally I've been offered cash and I prefer it. I did get some plumbing work done by a client recently but he did it just because he wanted to help which i thought was nice.

On the whole though I would think cash to pay bills etc is most girls preferred method.

I had an email recently from some bloke on AW asking me if I'd like jobs doing in return for my services. It didn't even warrant a reply from me!

I suppose if a trusted client offered me something I really wanted I might consider it, but as others have said I also prefer cash to pay my bills!

This is just a curiosity of mine. There used to be a web forum where ladies could state if they wanted to be paid in kinds, for example building works or other services.

Now that money is tight I wonder if any ladies here would consider to be paid, say, in silver or gold coins, I mean a fixed amount, regardless of their fluctuating contervalue in fiat money.

Just as term of comparison, and just using British coins:

3 * 1 ounce Britannia silver coin = around £75.

4 * 1 ounce Britannia silver coin = around £100

and so on. For more expensive services:

Half sovereign (3.66 gram gold) = around £140

Full Sovereign (7.32g gold) = around £260

For those who can afford it an ounce of gold is about £1100.

So, why metals instead or hard cash? It is real money, can be hidden better than cash, anonymous, and it looks great.

Your ideas.

I wouldnt pay punts with coins, silver or gold anymore than i would buying things costing similar amounts to punting, its not convenient to me to carry coins and i imagine many SPs wouldnt be too happy being paid in such a way. I also wouldnt try to offer services in kind, notes are king and long may it be so.

Edited by smiths

Only if it were Captain Jack Sparrow paying me with pieces of eight lol.

For anyone who doesnt know, Gold is used to make Jewellery, gold coins and bars and thats about it.

And dental work, and edge connectors in computing, hi-fi cable connectors, mobile phones, gold isotope tissue implants (as a radiation source for chemo), also as a mechanical lubricant in engineering, glass production and gold leaf applications due to its high malleability. So a few industrial uses as well.