ladyofthemansion

The reg or the newby client

44 posts in this topic

JRC has inspired me to ask the ladies this question. If for example a new client booked you for say 5pm. You dont know if he will show. Then a regular wants to book you for the same time. You know the reg will 100% show up. You dont know if the new punter will show. Neither can do a different time.

What would you do? Would you cancel the new to see the reg or would you do the same as I always have done, sometimes to a great cost, and stick with the person who booked first.

I have turned regulars down before then a new client has let me down. I then think of how I could have given the slot to the regular.

The way I see it is there is a chance the new guy will also become a regular although I hate turning a reg down.

However, if I was in a situation where I was really desperate for cash I cannot say hand on heart that I would not cancel the new one for the sake of guaranteed money.

What are your thoughts ladies?

Gents. If you are a regular, would you expect a lady to turn a new client down in favour of you.

Even though I have a regular lady, I'd never assume priority; That's just arrogant.

JRC has inspired me to ask the ladies this question. If for example a new client booked you for say 5pm. You dont know if he will show. Then a regular wants to book you for the same time. You know the reg will 100% show up. You dont know if the new punter will show. Neither can do a different time.

What would you do? Would you cancel the new to see the reg or would you do the same as I always have done, sometimes to a great cost, and stick with the person who booked first.

I have turned regulars down before then a new client has let me down. I then think of how I could have given the slot to the regular.

The way I see it is there is a chance the new guy will also become a regular although I hate turning a reg down.

However, if I was in a situation where I was really desperate for cash I cannot say hand on heart that I would not cancel the new one for the sake of guaranteed money.

Gents. If you are a regular, would you expect a lady to turn a new client down in favour of you.

LOTM

You are not going to disprove JRC's theory by putting it as a question to the female members of this forum. Even ladies who might be tempted to behave with less than impecable integrity are not going to come on here and admit it.

More importantly, the scenario JRC alludes to is not an urban myth. It happens.

No certainly not, that's wrong and totally unfair for the new client, just as if I booked with a Lady I had not seen before, turned up on time and she could not see me because a regular turned up out of the blue.

Incidentally I always book ahead even with regulars in parlours.

I would not expect priority because, as a regular, the girl can always rely on me turning up like a proverbial bad penny. However, I would resent it and probably switch my allegiance if the girl (having accepted my booking) "bumped" me for a longer booking.

Jack

Every regular was a newbie once so no you shouldnt cancel.If he doesnt show dont let him book again but if you cancel him you are possibly throwing away someone who one day may book you and "save you" so to speak during a quite time.

What if the regular wanted a four hour booking and the newbie just a one hour.

Would you then bump the newbie?

Even though I have a regular lady, I'd never assume priority; That's just arrogant.

I agree Mr Axe.

What if the regular wanted a four hour booking and the newbie just a one hour.

Would you then bump the newbie?

In my case I am pretty sure my reg would settle for 3 hours and let me give my new client the first hour, if he cannot commence one hour later.

Am glad to say, I rarely have a four hour space. :rolleyes:

Interesting topic LOTM. I agree with most of the guys I think when I say I would not expect priority as a regular, as who knows bumping a newbie who had booked may loose a regular in the future.

In my own experience I have been let down twice as a newbie after booking a day or so ahead because I like to be organised - as a result I did not contact the said ladies again.

If I'm booked, new client or not then no-one else gets the appointment no matter what. I myself was in a very annoying situation in February this year were I was turning down lots of regulars since I was fully booked by new clients, then a very high number were cancelling last minute. Frustrating but I still stuck to my guns although for a while I did refuse to take bookings from new clients to prevent me from wanting to double book.

I have never cancelled an appointment in favour of a better one, regular client or not. However I have on the odd occasion asked someone if they mind changing their appointment time slightly, if say I have a half hour booked in for a specific time, then someone I know wants to come at the same time for a two hour appointment. Of course I only do this if the appointment has been booked in advance so giving them plenty of notice.

LOTM

You are not going to disprove JRC's theory by putting it as a question to the female members of this forum. Even ladies who might be tempted to behave with less than impecable integrity are not going to come on here and admit it.

More importantly, the scenario JRC alludes to is not an urban myth. It happens.

How do you know it happens:confused:

I always work on the theory that double-booking is used and that it is in use for every appointment that I make, for that reason I turn up approximately 10 minutes early, ring the lady and, assuming that I don't get the dreaded "You have reached the voice mailbox of ........", inform her that I am in the near vicinity and that she can ring/text me when she is ready, if she is double-booked and the other punter contacted her before I did, then good luck to him, if she is double-booked and I contact the lady before him then that is his hard luck, if the lady does not double-book then I have lost nothing.

As a punter, it has happened before and no doubt it will happen again, nothing is ever guarenteed, it's part of the business, no good getting uncool about it, mind you, I'm a local guy, I wouldnt consider an 80 mile round trip for a session.

i dont know why girls allude to regulars never cancelling, as a regular you are no more immune to the perils of life than a first timer, as a regular i've had to cancel in the past when something has come up, no doubt that will happen again too.

i once turned up at a new place, was shown to the bedroom, handed over the money, the girl went off, i got undressed and sat there, two minutes later the door bell goes, people come in, a bit later the sound of loud voices, than banging and shouting, i;m getting really fucking nervous, it goes quiet, i'm getting dressed sharpish, a while the girl comes back, gives me my money and says it would be better if i went. Now, was that a real life drama, or justa regular pulling rank ?

I've always wondered if agencies have a system for prioritising advance bookings.

For intance if a regular rings up and wants an overnight but the girl already has a one hour booking during the evening with an unknown client surely in the long run it makes more business sense to allocate the overnight to the regular over the one hour with a guy who may not show.With an agency the newbie could always be offered another girl as well.

I always work on the theory that double-booking is used and that it is in use for every appointment that I make, for that reason I turn up approximately 10 minutes early, ring the lady and, assuming that I don't get the dreaded "You have reached the voice mailbox of ........", inform her that I am in the near vicinity and that she can ring/text me when she is ready, if she is double-booked and the other punter contacted her before I did, then good luck to him, if she is double-booked and I contact the lady before him then that is his hard luck, if the lady does not double-book then I have lost nothing.

I dont double book. I confess to doing it in my early days of working though. Was new to this, had paid a fortune for a hotel, and the guys were not turning up. I wished that I had double booked. In desperation I double booked the next day. That turned in to a nightmare with 2 turning up at once on a few occasions that day. I managed to make it uyp to the guys I let down at a later date and have never double booked again.

What I do now though is if somebody has let me down or cancelled last minute I dont offer them an appointment. They are told to just call when near then they wait till I am free. When someone lets me down I save their numbers a letdown1, letdown 2, etc. These guys do ring again believe it or not.

You can blame your fellow punters for the double booking system I'm afraid. When you first start out in this business you have no choice but to double book, since 50%+ of guys who say they are going to come along, do not turn up and don't bother telling you they wont be coming.

Fortunately as you get yourself established and gain regular customers and a good reputation, 'no shows', are less of an occurrence.

Out of interest, How would it work the other way around.

Say you had a regular booked in for one hour, & a newbie wanted a 3 or 4 hour appointment and was adament he could'nt change his time, would you cancel the regulars slot for the greater financial return?

I've turned away over nights on the basis I have an advance booking first thing in the morning, regular or not.

Perhaps I'm stupid!!!

I've turned away over nights on the basis I have an advance booking first thing in the morning, regular or not.

Perhaps I'm stupid!!!

No you're not.

I don't see what the argument is. A booking is a booking.

Regulars move on and all started out, as someone else said, as newbies.

I'm a regular and I would be shocked if the girl I see cancelled an already agreed booking to see me. I just book well in advance to avoid disappointment.

Likewise if, when I first saw her, I thought I had got cancelled in favour of one of her regulars I would never have returned.......and wouldn't have become a regular. Besides, some of her then regulars may not see her any more whereas I, the then newbie, do.

Swings and roundabouts.

There's enough cynicism in this business without behaving like that.

You can blame your fellow punters for the double booking system I'm afraid.

Most probably, although not in all cases, however it is a fact of life and nothing I say or do is going to change it, so I work with it in the best way that I can by assuming that every appointment that I make is subject to double-booking, no real difference to booking a plane ticket ot hotel room really.

In my experience this sort of scenario rarely, if ever, happens. Guys who book 3-4 hour appts almost always do it well in advance and anyone I think of as a 'regular' is someone with whom I have good communication and will usually fit in around me and vice versa. One reg that I see pretty much every week on Friday waits to see what I have booked in for the day and then asks me when I can fit him in. I have another who I almost always see for an hour at 4.30 on a wednesday when am in London so I always keep that slot free for him unless he tells me he isn't going to make it for some reason. If someone then wants a 2 hour from 4 till 6 I would offer a later time or tell them I could see them for an hour from 5 till 6. Not that difficult really, is it?

Oops. Just read the original post! I'd see the person who was booked in first and tell the reg I wasn't available, obviously, but I might also suggest that the reg could give me a call to make sure the newbie had turned up...