starman

Newspaper ads & sex slavery - this time from a conservative

4 posts in this topic

Andrew Pelling (Croydon Central, Conservative)

Newsquest took the lead in removing sex industry adverts from its local newspapers, recognising that such adverts support a lot of this human trafficking. What can be done to encourage other news organisations to encourage their local newspapers to follow such a good example, particularly when advertising revenue is falling? Newsquest really took the lead on this issue.

Jacqui Smith (Home Secretary; Redditch, Labour)

The hon. Gentleman raises an important point. My hon. Friend the Police Minister and my right hon. and learned Friend the Minister for Women and Equality met the Newspaper Society precisely to try to encourage newspapers not to carry the sorts of adverts that promote and expect a demand for women who have been trafficked into this country. Such a demand is abhorrent, and should not be advertised.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2008-10-27a.545.3&s=andrew+pelling#g546.2

more about Andrew Pelling:

Tory MP Andrew Pelling arrested over 'assault'

A Conservative MP has been arrested following allegations of assault by his pregnant wife, it has emerged.

What a splendid chap for the Feminists to have fighting their cause! :)

My hon. Friend the Police Minister and my right hon. and learned Friend the Minister for Women and Equality met the Newspaper Society precisely to try to encourage newspapers not to carry the sorts of adverts that promote and expect a demand for women who have been trafficked into this country. Such a demand is abhorrent, and should not be advertised.

They should all be prosecuted for conspiracy to withold and suppress evidence of a criminal offence and for obstructing the police in the course of their duty.

Mr Pelling sounds like a right charmer eh?

The number of soundbites from men in either high office or media stars (on the issue of advertising and trafficking) are all, to a man, utter utter drongos......

L