Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Holly Maddison

Fake Notes In Circulation In Birmingham And Milton Keynes.

42 posts in this topic

One of the girls posted this on our forum so I thought it really should be placed here. If you are visiting those area's and want the number then PM me and I'll pass it on to you.

Holly.

Hey Girls

Be aware there are fake notes going around. I had £140 worth in Milton Keynes. The guy is well dressed and you would never think he would do such a thing. The fakes a good and they don't rip like other fake notes.

I was also talking to someone else in Birmingham and they said they are strife. I have his number so if you'd like it then let me know.

This guy had a strong London accent so I doubt Milton Keynes was his only hit.

Get your pens out ladies Christmas is coming some people will try all sorts

Shanice xoxo

I've placed a warning about a current spate of fake notes on the warning board as we have been discussing it on our forum. The girls are being advised to buy those little UV scanners, they only cost about £13 off the net and are not that big so can be taken on tour too (which is when girls are most at risk at receiving these dummy notes).

But it got me thinking. Would you guys be offended if a girl started checking your notes this way or maybe find it off putting or do you just see it as a sign of the time and just not care?

It wouldn't bother me as the long asthe lady explained why she was doing it such as having a received fake notes recently.

I've placed a warning about a current spate of fake notes on the warning board as we have been discussing it on our forum. The girls are being advised to buy those little UV scanners, they only cost about £13 off the net and are not that big so can be taken on tour too (which is when girls are most at risk at receiving these dummy notes).

But it got me thinking. Would you guys be offended if a girl started checking your notes this way or maybe find it off putting or do you just see it as a sign of the time and just not care?

It wouldnt bother me as long as it doesnt take long, as i usually pay with £20s, sometimes £10s there wouldnt be many notes to check. Must do it in front of the punter though in my opinion so as to avoid any question of the note being swapped by the SP, and be aware the punter might not realise and/or have enough extra money on him to cover the cost of the punt. :)

It doesn't bother me and it does. Since most wg's dont give change it is not a major problem, but it pisses me off that every note I hand over is scrutinsed in shops and banks but no one ever scans the ones they hand to me.

It doesn't bother me and it does. Since most wg's dont give change it is not a major problem, but it pisses me off that every note I hand over is scrutinsed in shops and banks but no one ever scans the ones they hand to me.

Have your own scanner with you and check each note you receive back, after all you are only doing what they are. ;)

Not a problem at all and a very good idea. Too many fake notes in circulation and passing them to a WG would seem an easy option to an opportunist conman

Well change it then: ask 'Will you scan those notes for me before I accept them'.

I'm going to from now on.

Well change it then: ask 'Will you scan those notes for me before I accept them'.

I'm going to from now on.

Sounds like a good idea to me Polly. If I come across that situation it's certainly worth considering. Depends on the actual circumstances I should expect. Thankfully I've only been given a fake note once. The bank cashier kept it and reduced the amount that I was depositing.

As regards my notes being scanned by the lady I was visiting, which would obviously be within the first couple if minutes, I would have to give that further consideration. I might have to experience that situation before giving a definitive answer.

I meant that I trust wgs to scan the notes. After the last 4 years I trust banks as far as I could throw one

Wouldn't bother me, but as smiths says, i think it should be done in front of the client so the confidence goes both ways. As i normally take the money for a punt out in one go from a cash machine it would be easy for me to pinpoint where i got any dodgy notes from in my punting world. I also always make sure i have the correct amount, so i never have to ask for change!!

I usually check the amount, especially since it has been known for clients to miscount in either direction sometimes to their genuine embarrassment.

There are also one or two guys who claim to have old £20 notes stashed away, whilst I know these can still be paid into the bank it still rings alarm bells for me. Ok shouldn't do since it's always going to be legal tender, and it makes sense some may have squirreled it away from their other halves but it just makes me feel uneasy. Probably because I know other businesses don't accept them either.

Edited by Strawberry

I recall somewhere that £50 notes are not amenable to scanning so makes sense to avoid them. I would not like it if a WG proceeded to scan notes in front of me. She has the opportunity to count and scan the money when I am in the shower...

If there was a problem so be it but I would not suspect a WG of switching my notes with fakes. In my punting life, I have encountered greater integrity than in the outside world...girl ran after me to give me my glasses back and a regular mentioned that I gave her the full price when she had an offer etc

Jack

I recall somewhere that £50 notes are not amenable to scanning so makes sense to avoid them. I would not like it if a WG proceeded to scan notes in front of me. She has the opportunity to count and scan the money when I am in the shower...

If there was a problem so be it but I would not suspect a WG of switching my notes with fakes. In my punting life, I have encountered greater integrity than in the outside world...girl ran after me to give me my glasses back and a regular mentioned that I gave her the full price when she had an offer etc

Jack

I wasnt aware of that about £50 notes and neither were many retailers i have given them too over the years. I actively avoid such notes though simply on the logic if i lose it/them or it gets stolen i have lost more than with a £10 or £20.

There's a thought- get a stash of fake notes ready for when you meet a fake girl!

Quite a few parlours / saunas have UV lighting in the room, which allows the notes to, sort of, scan themselves!

It surprised me in my usual Edinburgh sauna that most of the girls had never realised that the tell-tales light up under UV light, until I showed them.

I have had a lady take my notes and quickly run half of them under a scanner.

It only took a few seconds. No problem for me and seemed to make her happy

It might be a good idea to scan the notes you are going to use yourself,some guys only carry the exact ammount with them'and if one or more notes turn out to be dodgy you have a problem,you will need an I.O.U.

It might be a good idea to scan the notes you are going to use yourself,some guys only carry the exact ammount with them'and if one or more notes turn out to be dodgy you have a problem,you will need an I.O.U.

If you spot fakes aren't you supposed to report them?

My brother got stung with a fake note at a nightclub a few years back.

He tried to pay the entry fee with it but fortunately for him, he had just withdrawn it from the cash machine right across the street - the doorman had even seen him at the machine and so let him off (didnt report him).

He took it into the bank the next day and got it exchanged.

You're not shopping in the right places, I have these in my shops and I know all notes going into and out of my tills are not fake.

http://www.safescan.com/uk/productDetail/30/215/automatic-counterfeit-detectors/safescan-155i-black

If you spot fakes aren't you supposed to report them?

No....but don't them to a bank, they'l take it off you and give nothing in return. Lol that sounds like some Fr's I've read!

My brother got stung with a fake note at a nightclub a few years back.

He tried to pay the entry fee with it but fortunately for him, he had just withdrawn it from the cash machine right across the street - the doorman had even seen him at the machine and so let him off (didnt report him).

He took it into the bank the next day and got it exchanged.

I just don't believe it!

Could I just ask a question of the ladies please? Is this a big problem?

Could I just ask a question of the ladies please? Is this a big problem?

No. It has happened to me once only in ten years.